Lukares

Self-compiled Book List

13 posts in this topic

Hey everybody.

I’ve joined very recently and as a first contribution I’m sharing this book list that that’s been in the works for 2 years and counting. 

I’ve organised it into sections, covering topics that are central (in my opinion) to self-actualisation in a world that misleads us at every turn. I list a wide variety of critical books on topics as different as Health, Accomplishment, Evolutionary Psych, Contentious History, etc.. 

*Full Table of Contents attached in image format*

Alas, here’s my full list made available using google docs publish feature:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTDWt6DuSrAkEQf32smo_np_7oJVVvyqXsDR2hL6Wv3OXMVTaKxK9MKhtredKxusoj7L03WsBVyhQ_c/pub

Anything familiar? Anything you’re happy / unhappy to see featured? Anything you’re surprised to see? Any proposed additions?

All is welcome.

NB: I have not read all these books, more like 20%, but rest assured each has been vetted / researched at the best of my ability.

B9657277-E004-4EFB-87A6-AFBA8762FC13.jpeg

Edited by Lukares
Grammar

On 12/20/2021 at 4:57 AM, Lukares said:

Hey everybody.

I’ve joined very recently and as a first contribution I’m sharing this book list that that’s been in the works for 2 years and counting. 

I’ve organised it into sections, covering topics that are central (in my opinion) to self-actualisation in a world that misleads us at every turn. I list a wide variety of critical books on topics as different as Health, Accomplishment, Evolutionary Psych, Contentious History, etc.. 

*Full Table of Contents attached in image format*

Alas, here’s my full list made available using google docs publish feature:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTDWt6DuSrAkEQf32smo_np_7oJVVvyqXsDR2hL6Wv3OXMVTaKxK9MKhtredKxusoj7L03WsBVyhQ_c/pub

Anything familiar? Anything you’re happy / unhappy to see featured? Anything you’re surprised to see? Any proposed additions?

All is welcome.

NB: I have not read all these books, more like 20%, but rest assured each has been vetted / researched at the best of my ability.

B9657277-E004-4EFB-87A6-AFBA8762FC13.jpeg

a nicely compiled catalog ! I can imagine the work u put to this...will deffo got through  it again....

thank u!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@Lukares

Do you have any good books on body awareness, breathing, relaxation? If so, you could you please share them in the order of importance?

Much Appreciated! 

Sexy list, stage yellow.

Thanks.

Edited by UnbornTao

Ya.

I'm starting to see and feel the benefits and joy in exploring a diversity of books rather than sticking to the ones on Leo's (or anyone else's) book list.  

Like, I'm sure I'll probably try to stick with reading all of Leo's books... but also read a random book between each one or two I read of Leo's. 

I find it not only makes me expand my worldview more and see other perspectives, but it also helps epistemologically since then I can cross check where Leo gets his knowledge and also the authors in his list for biases via other people.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

The self-compiled book list is great. It contains a lot of books which are not in the 'self-help' arena. There are many books in the sections under History or Society which I hardly ever read.

My personal feeling is that certain topics are missing: Spirituality/Meditation/Consciousness, Religious texts, Sales books, communication books and books on Emotional training. 

Edited by hyruga

Hey everyone, I'm back with a significantly updated catalogue with new structure and some additions ;) 

@okulele thanks!

@happyhappy appreciate it :)

@Vido Off the top of my head these are definitely relevant to you:
2020 - Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
1993 - Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris
2019 - Principles for a Stronger Body and Mind by Aaron Alexander

The order of importance depends on your interests. I'm sure there's more in my list for you in addition to these 3.  

@UnbornTao you have good taste ;) 

@Matt23 100% agree

@hyruga Perhaps the now updated catalogue makes it easier to find what you're looking for. I don't have much on spirituality, faith, religion in particular which is why this section is not present, but, there are a lot of works which deal with these themes, some of which do it in-depth.
You might be interested in:

1890 - The Golden Bough by James George Frazer
1894 - Intuitive Thinking As a Spiritual Path by Rudolf Steiner
1976 - The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes
1986 - Inner Work: Using Dreams and Active Imagination for Personal Growth by Robert Johnson
1993 - Food of the Gods: Tree, Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution by Terence Mckenna
1994 - Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton
1995 - The Dark Side of Christian History by Helen Ellerbe
2000 - DMT: The Spirit Molecule (A Doctor's Research) by Rick Strassman
2000 - Libido Dominandi: Sexual Liberation and Political Control by E. Michael Jones
2006 - Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment by David Hawkins
2012 - The Reality of Extrasensory Perception: A Physicist’s Proof of Psychic Abilities by Russel Targ
2020 - Live Not by Lies: A Manual for Christian Dissidents by Rod Dreher

To name a 'few' :)

updated catalogue.png

2 minutes ago, Lukares said:

Hey everyone, I'm back with a significantly updated catalogue with new structure and some additions ;) 

@okulele thanks!

@happyhappy appreciate it :)

@Vido Off the top of my head these are definitely relevant to you:
2020 - Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
1993 - Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris
2019 - Principles for a Stronger Body and Mind by Aaron Alexander

The order of importance depends on your interests. I'm sure there's more in my list for you in addition to these 3.  

@UnbornTao you have good taste ;) 

@Matt23 100% agree

@hyruga Perhaps the now updated catalogue makes it easier to find what you're looking for. I don't have much on spirituality, faith, religion in particular which is why this section is not present, but, there are a lot of works which deal with these themes, some of which do it in-depth.
You might be interested in:

1890 - The Golden Bough by James George Frazer
1894 - Intuitive Thinking As a Spiritual Path by Rudolf Steiner
1976 - The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes
1986 - Inner Work: Using Dreams and Active Imagination for Personal Growth by Robert Johnson
1993 - Food of the Gods: Tree, Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution by Terence Mckenna
1994 - Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton
1995 - The Dark Side of Christian History by Helen Ellerbe
2000 - DMT: The Spirit Molecule (A Doctor's Research) by Rick Strassman
2000 - Libido Dominandi: Sexual Liberation and Political Control by E. Michael Jones
2006 - Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment by David Hawkins
2012 - The Reality of Extrasensory Perception: A Physicist’s Proof of Psychic Abilities by Russel Targ
2020 - Live Not by Lies: A Manual for Christian Dissidents by Rod Dreher

To name a 'few' :)

updated catalogue.png

Holy shit! Are you God? Perfect timing

I actually read 2 of the 3 books rip

Edited by Vido