Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

It seems to me being allegedly """awake""" fades

17 posts in this topic

It has now been over a year and a half since the strongest DMT trip I ever experienced, which was a breakthrough dose on top of 5 hits of acid.

Memory of the entire thing has become completely faded. I only remember the thought upon returning that Buddhists and such are wasting their time, since when they get "there", there IS no Buddhist anymore. If Hitler and the Buddha get "there", there is no Buddha or Hitler left anymore, and their actions and dedication to whatever is entirely meaningless as they are now equivalent and the same.

I don't really remember much else at all... I am very much back in the usual human mindset. Which is a good thing actually.

But I will never forget the realization that nothing you ever do matters whatsoever for the reason outlined.

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Buddhists and such are wasting their time, since when they get "there", there IS no Buddhist anymore. If Hitler and the Buddha get "there", there is no Buddha or Hitler left anymore, and their actions and dedication to whatever is entirely meaningless as they are now equivalent and the same.

True, there's no one to get anywhere - but that's the point. The realization that there's nobody home is the goal, at least so long as you make it your goal, even though it doesn't liberate anybody.

But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't practice or that Buddhists are wasting their time. Come of think of it, what else would you do with time other than to waste it?xD

It’s the ‘seems to me’ aspect. The ‘me who is awake’ is self referential spiritual ego. The ‘claimer’, ‘haver’, etc of wakefulness is monkey mind, or, the ‘separate self’ of thought activity. 

Psychedelics are experiential and can only reveal glimpses of cessation.

Cessation is eternal. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Psychedelics are experiential and can only reveal glimpses of cessation.

Cessation is eternal. 

Cessation is not God in its totality.

It is simply one, rather tiny, aspect of it. Cessation will never be able to account for Infinity.

On 12/19/2021 at 7:31 AM, Tim R said:

True, there's no one to get anywhere - but that's the point. The realization that there's nobody home is the goal, at least so long as you make it your goal, even though it doesn't liberate anybody.

But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't practice or that Buddhists are wasting their time. Come of think of it, what else would you do with time other than to waste it?xD

Your statements are flawed! I'm at home right now. :)

Mind I add, @RMQualtrough there are no "meds" here.

You don’t visit awakening from a dream. You visit a dream from awakening. What starts, ends. What does not start, does not end.

God is the master of forgetfulness! If it didn’t forget it could never remember. Remembering is the chief moment of remembering something you forgot. It/he/her whatever you want to call it, has to forget to remember. It’s the same in everyday life. The beauty of remembering something simultaneously is the realisation that you forgot. If you don’t forget, you can never remember 

@RMQualtrough What’s the point of having an enlightenment experience if you’re going to let it be forgotten later. You must continually be doing this work, otherwise it will fade into nothing.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@RMQualtrough What’s the point of having an enlightenment experience if you’re going to let it be forgotten later. You must continually be doing this work, otherwise it will fade into nothing.

It's all completely irrelevant. What do you think you have to show for your efforts? You are completely 100% = to Adolf Hitler.

It is annoying to forget the experiences, largely for intellectual reasons.

4 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

It's all completely irrelevant.

Ultimately, yes. But relatively, no. Would you rather dream lucidly or unconsciously? Do you care about the quality of the dream?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 hours ago, Moksha said:

Ultimately, yes. But relatively, no. Would you rather dream lucidly or unconsciously? Do you care about the quality of the dream?

It's a derealizing existence following something like that. It only fades (the derealization) with the fading of memory. I don't think it's pleasant at all to be in that state in every day life.

12 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

It's a derealizing existence following something like that. It only fades (the derealization) with the fading of memory. I don't think it's pleasant at all to be in that state in every day life.

Derealization is the thought that something is not real. When you are truly present, there are no thoughts, only being. It is impossible to suffer in the state of pure awareness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

It doesn't have anything to do with the moment of awakening though if it's all "now". So then being awake is a continual process that appears to contract and expand based on what is happening now. And if you've awoken to your nature, then there's nobody to be awoken. Wow, non-duality is really hard to talk about isn't it?

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

Derealization is the thought that something is not real. When you are truly present, there are no thoughts, only being. It is impossible to suffer in the state of pure awareness.

It feels dogshit bro... The Buddha had thoughts. Jesus had thoughts. If you had none ever, you starve and die...

Walking along the road and nearly being floored because I feel "one" with the brick wall. While sober. It was bizarre. Glad it went away.

8 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

It feels dogshit bro... The Buddha had thoughts. Jesus had thoughts. If you had none ever, you starve and die...

Walking along the road and nearly being floored because I feel "one" with the brick wall. While sober. It was bizarre. Glad it went away.

Of course they had thoughts, but they didn't identify as their thoughts. Do you see the difference? Thoughts come and go, but they are not who you are.

Funny thing is, when you stop confusing yourself with your thoughts, and are simply present, the quality of your thoughts and actions improves exponentially. Being awake doesn't mean being a zombie. Just the opposite. When you are bound to the machinations of the monkey mind, you become its slave rather than it serving you.