mmKay

?? 1 Year Challenge - Heavy Metal Chelation Challenge - Journal ( challenge)

148 posts in this topic

On 31/5/2022 at 4:47 PM, mmKay said:

Just wanted to add that when I missed that one night dose by almost 3 hours I felt a stronger headache but that's it. It faded over time as I followed through the round even though I was advised by the mods to stop. 

I've been officially diagnosed mercury toxic as I had assumed. IDK the acurracy of all these tests and diagnosis though but I'll roll with it. 

I'll definitely keep chelating as I feel it working with little negative side effects for now. After 10 rounds of increasing DMSA ill add ALA. 

16540081946237489611083722588633.jpg

IMG_20220531_164459.jpg

@Devin I ended up doing a hair test as recommended by ACC group. I didn't want to take such a huge dose of DMSA without knowing how I would react, since  i do not care about tracking how much heavy metals were in me initially or how much is left.

It's an unecessary risk for the sake of measurement IMO. I'll just keep chelating for years . The way you know you're done is when you can chelate your maximum dose of ALA for 6 months without side effects. 

Edited by mmKay

Aggressively Ignorant Certified Lazy Skeptic and Armchair Philosopher👨‍🎓

💊 1 Year Heavy Metal Detox Challenge Journal ☢️💊

@mmKay it shows low levels right?

By the way; It said you're low in selenium, you mentioned acute hair loss, low selenium could do that

Edited by Devin

4 hours ago, Devin said:

@mmKay it shows low levels right?

By the way; It said you're low in selenium, you mentioned acute hair loss, low selenium could do that

Initially I wasn't going to do any kind of testing and just chelate as its impossible for me to have absolutely no heavy metals. The only reason I did the hair test its because it's suposed to be an accurate way to measure cadmium levels.

If you're cadmium toxic you need to take baking soda pills to regulate your urine PH and measure it with urine strips as cadmium is chelated by dmsa but it's not soluble in  acertain PH and therefore accumulates in the kidneys. 

I suspected I was cadmium toxic since it's added in cigarettes to slow down how fast it burns, and I've been a life long passive smoker.

So that's why I took the test. It's not a good assessment of mercury toxicity as it could be burrowed deep down in organs  and not show up in your hair. 

Turns out im not cadmium toxic. 

Hair falling out turned out to be covid aftermaths 90% sure. I do supplement selenium. 

@mmKay I figure the best way to test your levels is with urine while chelating, so you can see if you're removing anything

Were you taking selenium before that test? You were really low

Edited by Devin

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

@mmKay I figure the best way to test your levels is with urine while chelating, so you can see if you're removing anything

My logic is that's I'm definitely toxic as it's impossible not to have accumulated heavy metals metals throughout 20+ years. 

Chelators chelate. They take them out. 

I don't see the reason to take a huge megadose of more than 4000mg of DMSA in a single day just to have some numbers. 

Leo recommends urine test under your own risk. It also bumps up the price a lot. 

Edited by mmKay

@mmKay you read about how those chelators do damage though right? It's to only be used if the metal is causing a problem, I didn't think they were to be just taken like a supplement

Edited by Devin

19 minutes ago, Devin said:

@mmKay you read about how those chelators do damage though right? It's to only be used if the metal is causing a problem, I didn't think they were to be just taken like a supplement

The chelators are as safe as they get. What's dangerous is the metals moving and redistribution. Learn and follow a proper chelation protocol and you should be fine. 

Nothing is guaranteed tho. 

And don't take random doses of chelators. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:40 AM, mmKay said:

Leo recommends urine test under your own risk.

@mmKay Why would it be risky?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.