mmKay

?? 1 Year Challenge - Heavy Metal Chelation Challenge - Journal ( challenge)

177 posts in this topic

[...] You can eventually increase the number of days ON if side effects are stabile, especially if you do well while chelating.

This is only advised once you have become somewhat experienced with the oral chelation protocol and only when using DMSA or DMPS on its own. ALA should generally not be taken for longer than 3 days.

It is then okay to chelate for longer periods with DMSA or DMPS if your body can keep up with the detox effects and interruption of sleep, then have the same time for rest periods. Usually no more that 2 weeks is recommended, but most can’t go for too long anyway because of lack of sleep due to the interruption of it.

If you a lot feel better during the rounds you can extend it for a few more days and see how you do. Longer rounds excrete more mercury and cause less redistribution. Longer rounds are advised only for those that actually do better while chelating – for those that have significant side effects while on round, you will need to take as much time OFF as ON.

If you feel a lot better while chelating with the DMSA during that extended time and need to stop because of lack of sleep etc, then you should take the same amount of time off before starting again. Most can’t do it for extra long periods. This is especially true when you add ALA and are dosing every 3 hours or more often.

But with DMPS which is taken every 8 hours (due to its longer half-life) people can chelate longer or even continuously as you don’t have to wake up to take doses in the middle of the night.

ALA causes less copper to be released during rounds causing problems in the long-term (especially for copper toxic people) so the off-days are very important for most to allow balance to return to your system.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Good to remember : 

Oral chelation must continue for another 6 months to a year AFTER you think you’re well. Some people have to chelate for 3 years. As Andy says, “Chelate, chelate and chelate some more.” You will know your mercury has been removed when you can take high doses of the chelators (e.g. 200mg) with no side-effects. Then it is advised to wait a few months, and start another round at a lower dose, just to make sure.

REMEMBER: Increasing the dosage too fast is one of the most common ways people get in trouble with this protocol. Chelation is a slow process, it does not help to push it faster than your body can cope.

My question :

" What's the deal with Chelation and Zinc/Copper ratio? I hear everywhere that there are some dangers because of zinc inhibiting copper absorbtion, but also I hear that ALA makes your body retain copper during long rounds of chelation . And to " take caution of high copper foods while chelating. Also people keeping track in their copper levels ( I don't know with what procedure) Could anybody clear my confusion a little? What would be the key points I should understand about Zinc and specifically Copper? "

Anwsers from admins ; 

This is my understanding: Andy's theoretical concern was, that ALA slows copper excretion through the liver during the round- while ALA is taken and mercury is shuttled through the liver.

That accumulation doesn't actually seem to happen going by the volume of messages Cutler got from people who did NOT experience increasing copper levels.

If copper levels need to be assessed RBC copper, is the proper test. ( The Copper Plasma and RBC test measures Copper levels in both the plasma and Red Blood Cells (RBC) )

Alright im finding it difficult to start. I've done the two weeks buildup. 

Im kind of waiting for the perfect moment but I've not been able to find one. 

I will start today. I have 3 hours before work which is enough to figure everything out. 

Problem :

? Need reliable timers. I want no missed doses over these 4 days. 

Solution :

Phone alarm for now. Wrist watch would be ideal. 50 bucks. 

Dangers: out of battery. Phone turning off for any reason. Not having it with me... 

Problem : Suplement schedule? 

Same as Leos vid pretty much. Id spread out magnesium actually ( 400 - 800 mg a day is recommended in 4 doses per day) 

500 vit C every 2 hour 40 min together with the 25 mg dmsa. 

One 50 mg zinc pill at night with food. 

Two 268 mg vit E pills a day. One morning one night seems reasonable. 

Carrying pill box to work logistics. 

Paint timetable on pill boxes. Put numbers in order. 

More stuff :

One ACE pill a day for adrenal suport. Its to be taken at morning.

I keep supplementing vitamin D ( As I've tested low) although I've read it's forbidden during the protoco but the clarified its alright. It still leaves me kinda uneasy. 

Im also taking Artichoke extract and Milk thistle extract for liver support as advised. I feel no difference though. 

Taking some quality omega 3s, vit A, Iodine and have L-thyrosine at hand in case i need a little energy boost ( not sure how effective it is for me) 

Need lots of water. Coconut water is ok here and there for some potassium. Have plenty of bananas for the fiber and potassium as my main thiol free carb ( white rice)  has none. 

Grass fed beef has plenty of B vitamins but ideally I'd get that DIY water kefir going again for the probiotics + B vitamins. Fucking flies ruined it for the third time. 

I think that's it. Let's go. I hope i don't fuck myself up. Here goes for personal science. Quote this in half a year to say id it was worth it. 

Easy time calculato

Used this to make 100% I'm accurate lol. 

Dosing 25 DMSA every 2 hours 40 min  ( aka 160 min)  so that I do it at the same day every single day and don't need to switch up alarms or anything. 

Screenshot_2022-05-27-13-03-57-874_com.android.deskclock.jpg

IMG_20220527_184412.jpg

Edited by mmKay

I just officially started my first round of chelation ever. Just chugged what I had to chug. 

Start time : 27 May 18:40

Total time of the round I'm about to do : 4 days ( 96 hours) . 

Taking 25mg dmsa every 160 Min. ( 2 hours 40 min) . 36 shots of pills. 

Finish time will be 31st May 18:40

I organized  the supplements the best I could. 

Noob mistake: not enough space in pill boxes. Gotta use three separate containers but I'll be extra focused on doing everything right this first round. I'll order a third pill box right now. 

Wish me luck. 

" God helps those who help themselves " 

Kinda wanted to drop this one here lol. 

May seem messy AF but I understand it myself. I promise myself I'll do a better job next time

IMG_20220527_190751.jpg

Edited by mmKay

Note to self : slight headache after 30 min. 

I will keep a physical journal in my pocket. 

Here is a sneak peak into my organization skills. Thats one thing I could improve but it's definitely not at the top of my priorities list. 

1653675483019301280887896018541.jpg

About to take dose 7.

Anedoctal plausible side effects I've felt ( although it can just be placebo or caused by other reasons) 

Mild headache 30 min after first dose. Subtle " Pulling " Or " Sucking " Sensation in the brain area, as well as " Pressure "

Little dry coughing and " Dry lungs " Feeling. 

Started sneezing quite often - and really satisfying ones as well. It's actually a mercury detox pathway and I found it ridiculous at the beginning but it seems it's legit according to the book.

Little burning sensation when peeing. Little poking sensation in gut area here and there. 

Havent pooped for like 13 hours. 

Kinda more hungry than usual and also more thirsty than usual. 

Subtle euphoria feeling throughout the night. I actually struggled to fall asleep. Because of my work schedule  and chelation schedule I only fell asleep around 5 AM to 8 Am. I'm not extremely fatigued though. I feel better than after eating eggs for dinner at night lol

Edited by mmKay

Last dose. Day 1/4.

No mayor side effects besides being restless cause lack of proper sleep. 2 hour 40 mintue doses kinda suck in that regard. Perhaps I'll get used to falling asleep sooner. Also I'll get some covers on my windows so I can sleep in the extreme dark.

Fuck - what? Missed my 2:40 dose and woke up 5:30.

I had accumulated sleep from the night before. And was asleep like a log. Such a noob mistake. 

Technically im suposed to stop the round but I'll go on for the sake of personal science. 

I'm suposed to experience substantial negative side effects. 

Just finished day 2/4 . As I said before I followed through even though I missed a dose for almost 3 hours .

I felt a slightly stronger headache but nothing out of the usual. I guess it's not that big of a deal with my level of toxicity and such small doses. IDK though.

I slept kinda good tonight in spite of missing the dose. Still kinda tired because poor sleeping schedule.

Tonight i will finish the round. It will be 4 and half days. 

I gotta say I do feel slightly better mental clarity. 

Energy levels are up in spite of the terrible sleep schedules over these days, sometimes just barely getting 3 hours of sleep. 

Night doses are difficult. Many times I wake up half asleep and I'm just completely zone out yet I barely manage to take the pills. 

I breathe way more clear now. I used to have my nose chronically stuffed. It still is but way less. It may be because i stopped eating cheese and wheat. Also perhaps because of the consistently high doses of magnesium and vitamin C im taking. 

I will take 5 days off and finish off the 25  MG dmsa bottle I've got in one go and then rest again and proceed to up the dose to 50 mg as I'm clearly feeling well ON round. Few couple of days I was tolerating a slight headache but its 100% gone by  now. 

Excited for round 2.

Just wanted to add that when I missed that one night dose by almost 3 hours I felt a stronger headache but that's it. It faded over time as I followed through the round even though I was advised by the mods to stop. 

I've been officially diagnosed mercury toxic as I had assumed. IDK the acurracy of all these tests and diagnosis though but I'll roll with it. 

I'll definitely keep chelating as I feel it working with little negative side effects for now. After 10 rounds of increasing DMSA ill add ALA. 

16540081946237489611083722588633.jpg

IMG_20220531_164459.jpg

Andy Cutler recommends Saunas as sweating is suposed to be effective to detox Nickel. 

High Nickel is suposed to be a side effect of Mercury body load. But besides that, I've brainstormed some more potential sources:

I've worn brackets for almost 5 years and permanent retainers once they pulled them out. Idk what they're made out of. 

I have a titanium tooth implant. 

I feel I had poisoned myself about a year ago by consistently consuming raw flaxmeal  for breakfast. I thought it may be cyanide poisoning but it aligns with nickel as well. 

Edited by mmKay

Just finished the round. 5 days off before next round. Next one is Monday 6th june. 

Aparently redistribution is still going. It's been almost two days since I finished the active ON round ( one round = time ON + same time OFF) 

Redistribution sucks. First my sleep wasn't that refreshing in spite of being able to getting full 7+H sleep. That may because I stopped taking supplements so often. So take more Vit C and purchase selenium ( I'm aparently low in it and it's use is recommended to delay mercury re-absorbtion) 

The side effects I've experienced :

Braing fog. Short term memory slacking. Brain pressure and " Sucction feeling" Which im feeling right now actually. And also a few nasty pimples that have nothing to do with diet as I've been eating quite clean consistently. 

I have no problem being ON round and it feels good. Only issue is me not getting proper sleep. I may consider stretching the dosing to 4h at night just for the sake of keeping the ON-round going in a sustainable manner. 

Next time I'm going to do either 50MG DMSA or 25MG but for longer, of both. 

I want to avoid redistribution as long as possible. 

Edited by mmKay

My question on ACC FB  group : 

" The day of my second round of chelation is about to come. First round was pretty smooth with very little side effects. It felt like I could go on for at least a whole week if not more. I actually felt kinda cathartic.

Im saying this because the redistribution the following few days sucked. Brain fog, short term memory issues, groginness...

So I'd like to minimize it. I've read somewhere on one of the guides that " The only reason not to keep chelating for longer is that you can't take it ".

TLDR:

I feel healthy overall. Only redistribution sucks. Are there dangers to longer rounds instead of forcing the stop after 3 days? Or is this reckless?

My round was 25 MG DMSA for 4 days. I supplement ACE, artichoke extract, milk thistle, omega 3s , vit A, iodine, vit D and core 4.

Thank you for your time. " 

• Anwsers from admins : : 

I use redistribution to guide dose and supportive supplement intake. Understanding the right dose and frequency of supplements has a major impact on my ability to chelate without feeling too horrible. When I take full doses of core 4 with Vitamin C below bowel tolerance, plenty of liver and adrenal support, I just feel better on and off round and redistribution isn’t anywhere near as hard.

I don’t like redistribution to impact more than a half a day or a day at most. We feel better on round because ALA is an amazing universal antioxidant.

Here is what I have found that Dr. Cutler said on the subject of long rounds:

Q: Are there reasons other than disturbed sleep for limiting the length of ALA rounds?

ANDREW HALL CUTLER “Other than side effects? Not too much. In theory if may affect copper and zinc balance, but in practice I haven't seen this yet - something I'm less concerned about now than when I wrote Amalgam Illness.” Re: Ala rounds. (2011). Retrieved June 3, 2022, from http://onibasu.com/archives/fdc/73452.html

Q: On the basis that some re-distribution does normally take place immediately after each round it would presumably make sense for me to extend the length of the rounds? What length of round should I consider and would it be OK and beneficial to continue indefinitely provided no apparent problems arise?

ANDREW HALL CUTLER “Go for it. Continue until you miss a dose, then stop for at least a week. Re: Ala rounds. (2011). Retrieved June 3, 2022, from http://onibasu.com/archives/fdc/73452.html

Please understand that Dr. Cutler wrote that in response to a very healthy person who was experienced in chelation who also felt much better on round. One should reserve long rounds until after they have more experience chelating.

Long Rounds:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/andy-cutler-chelation-safe-mercury-and-heavy-metal-detox/-long-rounds/1839542899477440/

• Just do 10 or more standard rounds. As you have noticed the rounds teach you. Take care of yourself by following guidelines. In the longer journey you will have plenty of opportunity to do longer rounds.

• Yes. Proceed with caution on the longer rounds thing. And if you are not back to baseline more or less by the time you are ready for your next round, 25 is probably too high. - What is an "  Adrenal Crash "  ? What you experienced was no doubt adrenal stuff. If it gets so bad it is hard to recover then that is a crash.

Conclusion : 

Do another 25MG 4 day chelation round. Focus on not missing night doses. Consider different chelation schedule. 2 hours 40 min felt good but sleep was terrible .  DMSA has 4 hour Half-life  and there is 1 hour 30 min wiggle room for mistakes, so I can play with that to fit my sleep schedule better .