mmKay

?? 1 Year Challenge - Heavy Metal Chelation Challenge - Journal ( challenge)

177 posts in this topic

I'm curious if my life-long tinnitus will clear / improve after I'm done with some chelation rounds.

Good to know : Chelation coaching exists.

In case for some reason I unknowingly fuck up, there is somewhere to turn to, even though it may be somewhat expensive :

https://www.maybeitsmercury.com/sign-up-for-coaching

https://chelationcoach.as.me/Initial-Consult

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Mercury - The Quintessential Anti-Nutrient article 27 PAGE PDF. Insightful read about mercury sources and symptoms. I'll leave it here.

- Random comment - I love using a Google extension that reads out loud the text that I select. It helps me with staying focused and understanding what I read. -

. . . " Some foods high in free thiols : Legumes, dairy, the cabbage family, eggs "  - A few days ago I had very bad night after eating poached eggs right before sleep. Coincidence ? Who knows.

I haven't done a test. Should I do a hair test and post it on the ACC group ? I'm still consindering. I have not much to loose besides 130-ish € to be honest. I'm still kind of unsure about the big dmsa dose urine test.

About the Core 4 supplements :

[...] These should be taken every day, on or off round, and for at least two weeks prior to starting the protocol. Many people report feel better just by starting the core 4!

We recommend trialing one supplement at a time, working up to the full doses.

Since people can be sensitive to different things, it's easier to determine the culprit and look for an alternative form when introduced in this manner.

You will also be able to understand exactly how your body reacts to each supplement.

Although you can introduce them in any order, Vitamin C is a good first choice, followed by magnesium. Then Vit E and zinc. " .

Edited by mmKay

On 18/12/2021 at 7:39 PM, mmKay said:

both parents and lots of friends smoke) . " [...] Smoking cigarettes is another common way cadmium enters our bodies. "

" Cigarette smoking causes significant cadmium exposure both to the smoker and those around them"  - The Mercury Detoxification Manual .

Confirmed.

Life long passive smoker here .

[...] Chelating cadmium is slightly different from chelating other metals. It chelates with DMSA but you need to alkalinize your urine while you are doing it. We encourage you to consult Hair Test Interpretation for more detailed information.

Ugh - What ?

Edited by mmKay

17 hours ago, mmKay said:

I haven't done a test. Should I do a hair test and post it on the ACC group ? I'm still consindering. I have not much to loose besides 130-ish € to be honest. I'm still kind of unsure about the big dmsa dose urine test.

• [...] If you are lucky, you don’t have any amalgam fillings in your mouth. In this case, you can answer the question ofwhether you have mercury (or something else chelatable) quite easily:
  •  A therapeutic trial of chelation is the “acid test.” Any reaction, good or bad, to alpha lipoic acid is proof of toxicity with mercury, arsenic or antimony. To check for lead you will need to use DMSA. We suggest ten trial rounds, but be sure to follow the rules for chelating safely when you try this!
  • If you have nothing to chelate, nothing will happen. If you have something to chelate, you will get a reaction.The Mercury Detoxification Manual

Good news for me . Seems that taking these chelators wouldn't be toxic even if I don't have anything to chelate ( which is unlikely, but it was my worry since I'm not doing the provoked urine test  OR the hair test ) 

Edited by mmKay

[,,,] The rules about how to take chelators and the warnings we give you are inflexible. Other parts of the protocol are flexible because they are net well defined scientifically and people really are different. How you decide to take supplements, for instance, is flexible, although some of them need to be taken three or four times a day in order for them to be effective.

50 mg or 100 mg of any chelator is enough to get better. Higher doses may speed things up somewhat, but a lot less than you think. High doses are useful because side effects will let you know where you stand in regards to chelatable toxins.

Edited by mmKay

urr.jpg

•  " You can consider yourself done when you can get to 200 or 300 mg of alpha lipoic acid without any Side effects and without any further improvements. At that point, you should continue chelating for another six months just to be sure.

From start to finish the process can take between one to five years or more, but much relief occurs along the way. So stop worrying and start chelating!

Edited by mmKay

On 19/12/2021 at 0:22 PM, mmKay said:

The second lab also offers a " METHYLATION PLASMA PROFILE " I don't know what it is but I do remember " Methylation "being mentioned quite a lot IN the ACC group and I supose it has something to do with checking your " detox pathways " working properly. I may be absolutely wrong but I'll leave this here as well.

[...] No matter how many methylating supplements you take, you cannOt remethylate that mercury. It is Stuck inside you behind lipid barriers and it will never come out on its own. To sum things up: in mammals and birds, methylation has nothing to do with detoxifyng mercury. In fish, methylation keeps the mercury in them safe. NOthing you can do about methylation will help your detoxification pathways clear out mercury. You don’t have the right enzyme. You can’t remethylate mercury. Only fish can remethylate mercury.

[...] A toxic person’s days seem a whole lot shorter than other people’s. Much time is spent being tired, unfocused and disorganized. Time and energy is lost looking for misplaced objects. Tasks are repeated or picked up again after they have been dropped and forgOtten in mid-stream. " 

Lol, I kind of resonate with this one. It made me giggle .

Edited by mmKay

On 21/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, mmKay said:

- - - My smallest DMSA pills are 25mg. I do have the 12.5 ALA ones. Should I buy the smaller  version ( DMSA ) ?  - To be researched - - -

25MG is a good starting dose for DSMA if I never had amalgam fillings. 

No need to buy smaller pills of DMSA.

I do regret not having bought more ALA. I only purchased ONE 12.5 MG bottle, which is good for a start, but I'll have to make another order and pay like 20€ just the delivery.

Initially I didn't buy it so that I DONT EVEN HAVE IT AROUND, so I'm not tempted to just yolo it and start with too big of a dose of ALA, but being TOO carefull now costs me more money and more time.

Ala is avaliable in any nutrition shop but mostly at bigger doses like 150mg, 250mg or even 600MG  ( it's used as an powerful antioxidant for nerve damaged diabetics ( diabetic neuropathy ) . People don't know it's a powerful chelator and since they arent taking it on it's half life they end up unknowingly experiencing heavy metal redistribution ) 

EDIT : I found no 50MG ALA bottles online or in Amazon. I'll walk around local  Pharmacies and nutrition stores to see if they actually have some so that I don't have to wait for shipping / pay delivery costs.

Edited by mmKay

[...] if you don’t feel anything you can double your dose on the next and every new round until you find the dose that is appropriate for you. The appropriate dose is where you feel something is happening but it is tolerable. The side effects shouldn’t be so bad that you can’t chelate every week or every other week. Feeling tired, cranky and depressed the day after the round ends is normal. Once you have found your initial tolerated dose stay on it for about six months.

On "The "Dump"  or " Stall Phase"  :

[...]When you Start to detoxify mercury (and this is unique to mercury) you will feel better for a while, then feel worse for a while, and then start feeling better again. We call this difficult period the “Stall phase” or “dump phase.” It sets in Six or nine months from first starting to detoxify.

Detoxifying during the dump phase is a bit like driving on ice. It is not a good idea to make any sudden changes of speed or direction or you’ll drive off the road. 

Just keep at it .

Edited by mmKay

On " Chelating Lead" : 

The approach is a bit different from chelating mercury.

The body stores lead in the bones. It needs to be chelated out of the blood so the bones will release their stored inventory. Getting rid of lead takes several years because you have to chelate the blood, wait for it to fill up again from the bones, and then chelate some more.

No chelator will remove lead from the bones directly so there is no way to speed things up.

The good news is DMSA works far better for lead than anything does for mercury, so you only have to chelate one weekend every month or two once you get past the early stages of the process.

DMSA is easy to take orally, unlike EDTA, and poses no risk of making your mercury problem worse.

Basic supplements for lead are the same as those for mercury except that you don’t need the zinc and magnesium.

• And for this reason do not eat bone broth I'd say .

Probably I should invest and research Adrenal glands . I resonate with much of the symptoms : 

People with adrenal fatigue:

• 0 have a hard time getting up in the morning
  • 0 are tired as soon as they get out of bed 0 struggle to keep up with life’s demands
  • D are fatigued all the time
  • D are weak
  •  are extra sensitive to pain, smell and taste
  • may crave salt and need carbohydrates

As far as I remember, you check your Adrenal glands with a saliva cortisol test. I may be absolutely wrong though.  - to be researched .

I already got my thyroid tested for like 60 bucks . ( its a blood test, so get ready for that pinch )

Initially I thought I may have thyroid issues because of the chronic fatigue but most lifted after improved diet ( eating grass fed grass finished organic ground beef , and removing wheat, dairy, sugar, soy and artificial chemicals ) and supplementing vitamin D.

I used to experience the " puffy eyes quite often " ( which is a thyroid problem symptom ) but then I learned that it's because of low Iodine levels. A few cans of sardines helped me out even though I purchased an Iodine supplement that's on the way to avoid BPA cans ( they cook the sardines in the cans and I CBA worrying about it leeking )

Edited by mmKay

Leaving this here as I recently purchased a Iodine supplement.

" Iodine intake should be limited to 500 mcg a day. Taking large amounts will cause your thyroid to be low."

My Iodine supplement, just if anyone is curious .

urr.jpg

I'm confused. Is each dropper 75 MCG or 150 MCG of Iodine ? (it's liquid Iodine )

Edited by mmKay

Now I remember that I used to suspect that I may have chronic allergy to something, and I speculated it was Mold. I have a history of living in EXTREMELY moldy spaces for YEARS AND YEARS.

I got my ears checked because I suspected something was wrong . Doc says I'm fine. I'm left scratching my head .

I got my nose tested ( it's chronically stuffed )  because I suspected something was wrong. Doc says I have a chronic allergy to something. He doesn't know to what , and recommends me some random nose anti-inflamatory spray that may actually contain heavy metals as I've read recently .

I do have itchy eyes quite often. like really itchy . Mostly after contact with water ( there may be something in tap water as well ) 

I was recomended " Toxic: Heal Your Body from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, and Chronic Environmental Illness , but for now I've only skimmed it a couple of times with no valuable insight.

Leaving this here for curious people .

Figuring out if all those years have an effect on my current health is another journey.

On the Liver : 

[...] The liver is the body’s central chemical factory.

Mercury concentrates in the liver and can block the myriad enzymes it uses for its various metabolic processes.

When the liver malfunctions the effects cascade into almost all the body’s Other systems, so working on the liver will often clear up problems in other places. Mercury attached to alpha lipoic acid leaves your body via bile so liver support is always a good idea.

If you're concerned, you can ask your doctor for the following : 

• The SGOT test . It is a blood test that's part of a liver profile. It measures one of two liver enzymes, called serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase. This enzyme is now usually called AST, which stands for aspartate aminotransferase. An SGOT test (or AST test) evaluates how much of the liver enzyme is in the blood.
  • An ALT test. It  measures the level of alanine aminotransferase, also called ALT or SGPT. ALT is one of the enzymes that help the liver convert food into energy. High levels of these enzymes can be a sign that the liver is injured or irritated, and the enzymes are leaking out of the liver cells.
Edited by mmKay

On digestive tract problems : 

[...] Digestive issues are an almost universal problem for people with mercury poisoning. Mercury deactivates many liver enzymes and prevents the pancreas from releasing digestive enzymes when needed. It directly poisons the immune system, causing it to stop killing yeast and parasites and go berserk attacking innocent bystanders like gluten or your own body.

It can contribute to the factors that cause leaky gut with its attendant immune and allergy issues.