JayFueel

Evil is real. Prove me otherwise.

62 posts in this topic

To you who think evil and good are one in the same, I challenge you to live it out by recording yourself harming an innocent person. It should be easy enough to not get caught if you’re careful. You cannot do it because you’re intellectually dishonest.

Edited by JayFueel

A distinction between some absolute good and absolute evil is not needed. There can be other motivators for not hurting people besides an absolute moral code. I'm sure you realize that. You don't need morals to love people. You can directly see that it is the highest joy. Doesn't meant that doing the opposite and hurting people would be "evil" in any absolute sense. It's simply not life/love/joy-enriching in the grand scheme of things. And at the relative small scale human level, we can still put structures in place that steer people towards love. Luckily we have a universe that naturally rewards love the highest! 

I find it odd that many people are so reliant on a rulebook or strict moral code to not hurt people. Sometimes it almost sounds like the only thing keeping them from hurting and exploiting people is a rulebook that tells them not to do so, with a threat of punishment.

Don't you think it a sign of maturity to be able to do that which is life/joy/love enriching, purely out of your own desire to do so, not just because somebody/something is pressuring you?

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

3 hours ago, JayFueel said:

To you who think evil and good are one in the same, I challenge you to live it out by recording yourself harming an innocent person. It should be easy enough to not get caught if you’re careful. You cannot do it because you’re intellectually dishonest.

Good and bad are like black and white. Duality.
Its your choice to experience and see life with no colors. Or you can let go of old beliefs and live in colors.

Its not about torturing someone or being a saint.  
There is balance and a middle for Everything.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

5 hours ago, JayFueel said:

How exactly would this prove that evil is not real? The question is not whether or not evil is real. If it's real to you, it's real to you -- but that doesn't mean it's true. You can't even prove that anything exists, besides truth (or consciousness if you prefer to call it that) which has no discernible attributes other than "true," and requires no proof.

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

How exactly would this prove that evil is not real? The question is not whether or not evil is real. If it's real to you, it's real to you -- but that doesn't mean it's true. You can't even prove that anything exists, besides truth (or consciousness if you prefer to call it that) which has no discernible attributes other than "true," and requires no proof.

If everything is just an illusion, a taste and neither better or worse than anything else, it should be no problem. However, your conscious convicts you that harming an innocent person is absolutely wrong. 

Everyone's just playing their part. There's a reason the spiritual teachers tell you to treat life like it's a game. The sooner you start doing that, the more you'll notice that everyone else is just playing a game too, even the "evil" people. Notice how I said "everyone's playing their part," not "doing their part." 

You can't have a rainbow without the rain. Good and evil exist on the same horseshoe. 

10 hours ago, JayFueel said:

To you who think evil and good are one in the same

Evil and good are usually not the same. Most people define them differently based on personal preferences.

10 hours ago, JayFueel said:

Ah, so you're asking me about my personal preferences. Nothing new there :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If I said I wouldn't do it, isn't that me simply expressing a personal preference? Are you saying that evil is based on nothing than personal preference?

You have to be smarter than that. Ask the OP for a down payment first, get him to guarantee to cover the insurance, medical and legal costs, and shipping and camera fee for the experiment, and sign a contract between you two to legitimize the experiment. Oh, get OP to hire a paid actress/actor for the victim part too. Otherwise, OP would leave you to fully pay for your part of the experiment, while OP plays ignorance and leaves you dealing with evil experiment on your own.

If it's not contracted, it doesn't exist.

37 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@JayFueel Keep your mind open to different perspectives and especially the big picture perspective. Here Leo  explains the mechanics of evil

https://youtu.be/rVcxIamwO5g

I’ve seen all of his content. My favorite quote from Leo is “Love is to love those things you hate.” From that perspective harming an innocent individual is merely a spiritual practice. Like I said before, you cannot live it out.

15 minutes ago, JayFueel said:

I’ve seen all of his content. My favorite quote from Leo is “Love is to love those things you hate.” From that perspective harming an innocent individual is merely a spiritual practice. Like I said before, you cannot live it out.

You're getting hung up on word games. Spirituality has nothing to do about harming other people. "Evil and good are not absolutes" refers to the fact that different moral frameworks are made by different people with different preferences. This doesn't mean that we're generally clueless about how to treat each other, but it's nevertheless not so easy to argue that any one of these moral frameworks are somehow absolute or universal.

11 hours ago, JayFueel said:

It's not that they are absolute things that exist in contrast to each other. Good and evil are literally summoned from nothingness through the purely biased filter of the perspective of the ego.

Imagine being a Greek solider despoiling the city of Troy, raping multiple women, slaughtering opposing men, and throwing their children from the walls. Everything you are doing is good from your POV. It's great for you, you are serving your Gods, you are getting the spoils of war from your labor. They are heretics, and you are justice.

Everyone does what they do exactly because they think it is good (for them). And anything in opposition to that is "evil".

However there is a catch, because it seems there is some kind of what I'll call "lightness" baked into the universe. Where is one moves from ignorance > awareness there is a trend of things being harmed less and less.

That doesn't invalidate good and evil being imaginary. What do you know, the universe is paradoxical!

hrhrhtewgfegege

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You're getting hung up on word games. Spirituality has nothing to do about harming other people. "Evil and good are not absolutes" refers to the fact that different moral frameworks are made by different people with different preferences. This doesn't mean that we're generally clueless about how to treat each other, but it's nevertheless not so easy to argue that any one of these moral frameworks are somehow absolute or universal.

It’s more than a word game. If morality is relative, where are you getting should treat someone a particular way from? If you are God, you are the final authority, and there are no “shoulds.”

Edited by JayFueel

42 minutes ago, JayFueel said:

From the Absolute/God perspective harming another would be same as harming myself. Even the word 'harming', it's only 'bad' to a threatened ego. And the challenge in OP is just a talk of a threatened ego.

6 minutes ago, JayFueel said:

It’s more than a word game. If morality is relative, where are you getting “should” from? If you are God, you are the final authority, and there are no “shoulds.”

Humans who want to live with other humans should probably learn to consider the preferences of other humans. It's not an absolute "should", it's a relative "if-should."

12 hours ago, JayFueel said:

I've harmed plenty of innocent people in my time.

Take your meds. Also, many people are currently in prison for murdering innocents. For them evil acts are fun times.

Evil is real of course. But remember-- the divine prophecy foretold that one of Jesus's apostles would betray him and get him killed. So you can think of the nonduality between good and evil through the articulation of this strange loop: did Judas Iscariot have to betray God in order to follow him? 

Remember though: you are not Judas Iscariot. If anything, you are Jesus. You should strive to be the one forgiving the Romans while you roast on the cross, not the one getting innocent people killed. This philosophy does not grant you permission to do evil yourself. But without evil, there would be no forgiveness. 

God sees the lotus that grows in the mud and loves both equally because you cannot have one without the other.

Edited by The Rainmaker