JustinS

80/10/10 Diet?

7 posts in this topic

I assume you mean a vegan diet and not ketogenic diet? Confusing as you didn't tag the ratio with Carb/Protein/Fat or anything like that and you can see ratios out there where fat is the first number (F/P/C)

I believe 80/10/10 is 80% carbs and 10%/10% protein/fat. I also think its raw vegan based. I can't say much about this diet but i go fully raw every now and then but i don't follow the 80/10/10 protocol i just eat whatever i want as long as its raw whole foods and all i can say is i feel light and amazing but i think its more of a detox diet then a long term but then again you have people like Anette Larkins who have been doing it for most of their lives on a raw living food diet and look amazing for their age and not just look but have the energy of a vibrant young woman.

B R E A T H E

@JustinS
Given the very high percentage of carbohydrates consumed, it's a diet basically suited to someone who is very active/is an athlete and actually has the time to eat that amount of bulk. Also, it would pay to consider that humans evolved on cooked food- this is a raw vegan diet. There are people all over the web who swear by it, but what works for someone else, may not work for you. 
You could always just try eating 10+ bananas a day. I can't say I found it very fun at all. Eating that amount of raw food can actually be quite challenging for your digestion and you'll likely discover you can never feel full eating this way.

Edited by Break the Chain

@JustinS

On 1/1/2017 at 4:49 PM, JustinS said:

Anyone?

complaints? Opinions?

I've been on the 80/10/10 Raw Vegan diet  on and off for several years.  And I used it to reverse my ovarian cysts and thyroid problems.  The thing is that everyone has their own special dietary needs.  No two people are alike.  You can see that a lot with allergies especially.    I'm on a few raw vegan groups on facebook and a lot of people swear that this diet works!  I've seen some pretty miraculous before and after photos.    I've looked at my photos before and after being on the diet for months....there is definitely a remarkable difference in my body.  I was so puffy and bloated on an American Standard Diet and when I ate vegan the puffiness in my face went away and I lost all of the weight without exercise.

I noticed for me personally when I ate more salads I had more energy....more so than fruit.  Maybe I needed more mineral/vitamins that were present in vegetables??? I noticed when I ate too much vegan protein and fat I would get sick and be prone to urinary tract infections....but maybe that's just me.

I've been on this diet for a few months straight with no cheating, and while on vacation last week I felt extremely weak and had to revert back to eating animal protein.  I felt better but it was awkward for me and led me to a lot of confusion.  I started eating huge portions of animal protein but didn't have the urinary tract infections that I would from vegan sources. I'm not sure if it's going to be a permanent dietary change or a temporary one with animal protein at the moment.  I'm going to give my body the nutritional value that it needs.  The common problem with going vegan is getting enough vitamin b12.   For me supplements don't work as well as the real deal which does make it difficult. 

I can tell you when I ate cleaner and was vegan I felt an expansion of my consciousness. I felt better, and my mental processes and thinking were clearer.  I thought it was worth it.

@pluto   I love Annette Larkins.  She has some great tutorial DVDS on health and diet.  They are apart of my personal library.

@pluto I have an old friend that actually had the pleasure of meeting "OKRAW", the guy that is shooting the youtube video you provided above.  He is very knowledgeable about gardening.