Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yali

Heavy Metals in Common Foods vs Protein Powder

86 posts in this topic

@Adodd

Do you know Spinach has more Lead in it than any protein powder you'll find on the market?

@Yali I saw the table. Windappreciator shared a relevant link that you might be interested in.  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257163425_Binding_of_heavy_metals_to_pomace_fibers.

A lot of times nutrition science isn't always quite as simple as the numbers. As for spinach, it contains a good amount of calcium and iron, both of these nutrients help protect our bodies from heavy metals.

Edited by Adodd

@Adodd

22 minutes ago, Adodd said:

@Yali As for spinach, it contains a good amount of calcium and iron, both of these nutrients help protect our bodies from heavy metals.

No need to throw away the protein powder if you get enough calcium and iron in your diet

No need to throw away the protein powder if you get enough fiber in your diet

Edited by Yali

12 hours ago, Yali said:

@Adodd

No need to throw away the protein powder if you get enough calcium and iron in your diet

No need to throw away the protein powder if you get enough fiber in your diet

These should decrease the absorption of heavy metals, sure. But doesnt it still make most sense to have the powder with the least heavy metal contamination vs the most contamination? Lol. Not even sure why you're really disagreeing about this. 

If I take adequate amounts of nutrients that reduce heavy metal absorption than i should eat the most contaminated foods instead of the least contaminated foods? C'mon dude.

1 hour ago, Adodd said:

most contaminated foods instead of the least contaminated foods

Protein powders are not the "most contaminated foods".

Look at the numbers my dude. @Adodd

Edited by Yali

@Yali I'm not saying protien powders are the most heavily contaminated foods. I'm saying i have a protien powder that is very highly contaminated FOR protien powder and I would rather have a protien powder that is one of the less contaminated protien powders. I dont think there is a good way to communicate with you about this. I'm not entertaining this conversation anymore.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Adodd

On 12/20/2021 at 1:54 PM, Adodd said:

@Yali I'm saying i have a protien powder that is very highly contaminated FOR protien powder and I would rather have a protien powder that is one of the less contaminated protien powders.

That makes sense.

Which protein powder was it?

@How to be wise

On 12/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, How to be wise said:

NO heavy metals (tested):

Where does it say that?

3 hours ago, Yali said:

@RendHeaven I don't need to watch this video. My skepticism is grounded in numbers.

LOL the irony

It's Love.

9 hours ago, Yali said:

@How to be wise

Where does it say that?

Go down until you see ‘Three reasons in.power is the smart choice’ section. It has been fully tested for heavy metals. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise  What were the results of the test? It doesn't say.

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It has been fully tested for heavy metals. 

Edited by Yali

@Yali If they tested for heavy metals, we can safely assume they’ve taken it into account. If there were high levels of lead or mercury, they wouldn’t just carry on selling it.

@How to be wise

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Protein powders with NO heavy metals (tested): 

There's no such thing as "NO" levels of heavy metals.  All protein powders have traces. The question is whether it's safe.

There's no reason to be in fear since most protein powders are safe.

The reason why members on this forum are in fear is because "Leo said so". It's herd mentality, and folks like @Windappreciator are blind to it.

Edited by Yali

1 hour ago, Yali said:

There's no reason to be in fear since most protein powders are safe.

The reason why members on this forum are in fear is because "Leo said so". It's herd mentality, and folks like @Windappreciator are blind to it.

Most protein powders have very dangerous levels of heavy metals. That’s why they warned about it in their website:

“We assure heavy metal safety by having IN.POWER protein third party tested for 9 metals including arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury. Many recent studies testing protein powders have uncovered potentially dangerous levels, exceeding the limits proposed safe by United States Pharmacopeia (USP).(3,4) Daily use can allow these metals to accumulate in the body over time, making it very important to choose a protein, like IN.POWER, that tests for these dangerous toxins.”

45 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Most protein powders have very dangerous levels of heavy metals.

Do you have any examples? I have yet to see one, let alone "most".

@How to be wise

Edited by Yali