Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LewisH

How To Approach A Stranger?

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I recently moved away for work and knew only 1 person when I got here. I have been trying to make new friends but am really struggling.

When I first got here I was unconfident and had really bad anxiety. I have been working through Leos videos for 2-3 months and they have really helped with being able to go out more and talk to people easier but I am finding it extremely hard to make new friends.

I use meetup.com but there are not any groups in my area, I live 30 minutes via train out of the closest city. In the city there are a lot of groups and I do find it easy to talk to people at these meetups but usually the people I talk to have also travelled, 20, 30, 40+ minutes to get to the meetup so seeing them out side of the group is very difficult.

I have joined the gym and go 3-4 times a week, I also go on nights out maybe once a week with my friend that a know here and a few times on my own but have not made any of my own friends since being here.

At the gym people just do not want to talk, if I approach someone that I would like to talk to they usually put there headphones in or are too busy excersising, even if I could get them to listen I would struggle on how to start a conversation. When I go on nights out, I usually get 2 types of people, the first is that the person isn't interested, they don't acknowledge me or listen for a few sentences before giving up. The second is usually a loud/drunk or someone looking for attention that doesn't really want to talk just shout or make noise and they aren't really somebody I can have an easy conversation with.

I'm starting to feel alone here and this topic im struggling with, I have watched Leos videos on making friends but it assumes there are already people to talk to friends or friends or close activity groups etc.

Please can you make a video on making friends with complete strangers or can somebody give me advise on how to talk to a random person without them getting bored within about 2 sentences.

Thanks

Edited by LewisH

Yeah! I support this video idea. I would love to learn how to make friends, I need to make my social circle bigger and I have no idea how. I video on it would be great!

Guys,

Leo once did a video on this, called "How to make friends"

it's very simple: just fuckin do it. start small make a compliment here and there, then start talking with cashiers (e.g, expose an opinion of yours even if it's dumb in your opinion), get rejected..!