Leo Gura

Omicron Is Coming

86 posts in this topic

Insightful stuff about omicron:

Get your booster.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I thought this shit blew over already. Borders haven’t closed yet. I think this is gonna be another delta thing where it will get a bit of coverage and stuff will stay the same.

21 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I thought this shit blew over already. Borders haven’t closed yet. I think this is gonna be another delta thing where it will get a bit of coverage and stuff will stay the same.

This will go on for years.

The people making all of these regulatory decisions are not conscious, this is about more than a response to a virus 

I’m just grateful for Leo for going and taking the vaccination himself before posting about it. Integrity and leadership is a good thing. 

I wasn’t going to get a booster, but I guess i’ll use my privilege of being able to walk-in with no appointment to the pharmacy next door and get my free shot, and not cry like a baby.

How long after the second shot should I get the booster? 

7 minutes ago, Opo said:

How long after the second shot should I get the booster? 

I think you should ask your government, or WHO that.

If you are past 6 months from your last dose, you def want a booster.

Omicron has already been found in Las Vegas.

16 minutes ago, Peo said:

I think you should ask your government, or WHO that.

I trust you more. 

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are past 6 months from your last dose, you def want a booster.

Almost time. 

Thanks. 

I haven't gotten my second Pfizer dose yet and now the latest version of the covid virus is starting it's wave. What's the minimum time between the second dose and the booster for the omicron variant? If there's a time period I have to wait for the booster, I'll wait until my body settles down with the vaccine first, because I felt a few side effects of the vaccine like irregular heart palpitations.

2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Where do you live :D Half of Europe is either in lockdown or reaching towards lockdown. Cases keep skyrocketing, hospitals filled to burst. Not meaning to fearmonger or anything but this thing ain't going anywhere anytime soon. COvid will be here forever it's just a matter of mutating enough over years that it will become super infectious (like flu) but rarely lethal (like flu). The virus needs to mutate to learn to live with host without killing them 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 minute ago, Michael569 said:

it's just a matter of mutating enough over years that it will become super infectious (like flu) but rarely lethal (like flu). The virus needs to mutate to learn to live with host without killing them 

Yes this seems to be the only realistic exit strategy at the moment (that I'm aware of).

We don't know too much about Omicron yet. Let's hope it's not as lethal as other variants.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

I haven't gotten my second Pfizer dose yet and now the latest version of the covid virus is starting it's wave. What's the minimum time between the second dose and the booster for the omicron variant? If there's a time period I have to wait for the booster, I'll wait until my body settles down with the vaccine first, because I felt a few side effects of the vaccine like irregular heart palpitations.

Same here.  I had covid 4 times but never with a official diagnosis paper, therefore they don't want me to skip any dose. 

Had my first one the 10th of December and they told me I can get second starting new year. All very vague info though. 

I thought that by this point id be resistant but damn the vaccine got me whole night sweating in bed with fever. The next morning i was good. Well my hair keeps falling out but thats suposed to go on for some months it seems. ( not vax related) 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

the booster for the omicron variant?

There is no booster for the omicron variant, but the old booster will help.

How long do you think coronavirus will last? this is ridiculous... how long before we start taking this virus just like every other virus, like stop closing borders because of it?

The new Pfizer pill is like 85%+ effective against death. So that will be a game-changer.

We just need to buy time until better treatment options are available and more vaccines are sent to the third world. That should be another year.

A few boosters are reasonable, spaced 6 months apart.

So tired of this virus... but I believe it will help humanities evolution alot, just look at the incredible growth in technology that happened because of WW2 or the Black Death going into the Renaissance, despite how horrible they both were. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

37 minutes ago, Rilles said:

So tired of this virus... but I believe it will help humanities evolution alot, just look at the incredible growth in technology that happened because of WW2 or the Black Death going into the Renaissance, despite how horrible they both were. 

it probably would help to evolve the medical system a lot, if there was not an overemphasis on this as a single phenomenon. next big thing will be multiresistant bacteria, and that’s widely connected to pharma and animal farming. this virus is handled in a spiral dynamics blue way which will not work if antibiotics are useless for bacteria - at least everyone should know the difference between bacteria and viruses right now, which might be a growth in consciousness.

it also produces a black and white thinking because of different perspectives on medicine. it sometimes seems like alternative medicine and pharma would fight about their legitimacy. pharma might win big in vaccines but loose big in their handling of other meds.

Edited by mememe