johnlocke18

A deeper realization than god

247 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Judy2 said:

@Shin  i think Santa's a good one :)

He's definitely your God when you're a kid.

I'm sorry, did I offend you ?

I meant Дед Мороз obviously, it's the same thing but if I say something else I don't know what I'm talking about :/

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@Shin  i think Santa's a good one :)

Except it's an anagram of Satan and they both wear red. o.O Tis the season though! 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Except it's an anagram of Satan and they both wear red. o.O Tis the season though! 

But it gives you the exqct gift you wanted for xmas.

He's truly your god as a child :D 

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

But it gives you the exqct gift you wanted for xmas.

He's truly your god as a child :D 

Not for me, Santa was not allowed to step on Baby Jesus' toes. I always knew Santa was the Devil. I remember being really little and informing my Grandmother when she tried to pretend with me that Santa was real, that he was NOT, and she said something about fun or something like that, I wasn't listening. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

57 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Not for me, Santa was not allowed to step on Baby Jesus' toes. I always knew Santa was the Devil. I remember being really little and informing my Grandmother when she tried to pretend with me that Santa was real, that he was NOT, and she said something about fun or something like that, I wasn't listening. 

Oh yes, fundamentalist Christians, I forgot you're murican ?

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Oh yes, fundamentalist Christians, I forgot you're murican ?

Yes, but if you take out the damental, you're just left with fun. 

4 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Yes, but if you take out the damental, you're just left with fun. 

True christians have da mental fun.

@Shin “You are attached to wording.” So if I’m talking about an elephant it doesn’t matter if I call it a lion so people don’t know what I’m talking about? Words describe something so saying language is useless is the stupidest point ever. 

VainSerpentineBilby-size_restricted.gif

God is love

And God in them

Very instructive material on God from the perspective of fully transitioning from awakening or God-consciousness, to enlightenment, or in her terminology, God to Godhead; a great read:

https://o-meditation.com/2009/10/16/from-the-unitive-state-to-no-self-bernadette-roberts/

After enlightenment there's no inner world or outer divine anymore.

Excerpt:

Stephan: How did you discover the further stage, which you call the experience of no-self?

Bernadette: That occurred unexpectedly some 25 years after the transforming process. The divine center – the coin, or “true self” – suddenly disappeared, and without center or circumference there is no self, and no divine. Our subjective life of experience is over – the passage is finished. I had never heard of such a possibility or happening. Obviously there is far more to the elusive experience we call self than just the ego. The paradox of our passage is that we really do not know what self or consciousness is, so long as we are living it, or are it. The true nature of self can only be fully disclosed when it is gone, when there is no self.

One outcome, then, of the no-self experience is the disclosure of the true nature of self or consciousness. As it turns out, self is the entire system of consciousness, from the unconscious to God-consciousness, the entire dimension of human knowledge and feeling-experience. Because the terms “self” and “consciousness” express the same experiences (nothing can be said of one that cannot be said of the other), they are only definable in the terms of “experience”. Every other definition is conjecture and speculation. No-self, then, means no-consciousness. If this is shocking to some people, it is only because they do not know the true nature of consciousness. Sometimes we get so caught up in the content of consciousness, we forget that consciousness is also a somatic function of the physical body, and, like every such function, it is not eternal. Perhaps we would do better searching for the divine in our bodies than amid the content and experience of consciousness.

Stephan: How does one move from “transforming union” to the experience of no-self? What is the path like?

Bernadette: We can only see a path in retrospect. Once we come to the state of oneness, we can go no further with the inward journey. The divine center is the innermost “point”, beyond which we cannot go at this time. Having reached this point, the movement of our journey turns around and begins to move outward – the center is expanding outward. To see how this works, imagine self, or consciousness, as a circular piece of paper. The initial center is the ego, the particular energy we call “will” or volitional faculty, which can either be turned outward, toward itself, or inward, toward the divine ground, which underlies the center of the paper. When, from our side of consciousness, we can do no more to reach this ground, the divine takes the initiative and breaks through the center, shattering the ego like an arrow shot through the center of being. The result is a dark hole in ourselves and the feeling of terrible void and emptiness. This breakthrough demands a restructuring or change of consciousness, and this change is the true nature of the transforming process. Although this transformation culminates in true human maturity, it is not man’s final state. The whole purpose of oneness is to move us on to a more final state.

To understand what happens next, we have to keep cutting larger holes in the paper, expanding the center until only the barest rim or circumference remains. One more expansion of the divine center and the boundaries of consciousness or self fall away. From this illustration we can see how the ultimate fulfillment of consciousness, or self, is no-consciousness, or no-self. The path from oneness to no-oneness is an egoless one and is therefore devoid of ego-satisfaction. Despite the unchanging center of peace and joy, the events of life may not be peaceful or joyful at all. With no ego-gratification at the center and no divine joy on the surface, this part of the journey is not easy. Heroic acts of selflessness are required to come to the end of self, acts comparable to cutting ever-larger holes in the paper – acts, that is, that bring no return to the self whatsoever.

The major temptation to be overcome in this period is the temptation to fall for one of the subtle but powerful archetypes of the collective consciousness. As I see it, in the transforming process we only come to terms with the archetypes of the personal unconscious; the archetypes of the collective consciousness are reserved for individuals in the state of oneness, because those archetypes are powers or energies of that state. Jung felt that these archetypes were unlimited; but in fact, there is only one true archetype, and that archetype is self. What is unlimited are the various masks or roles self is tempted to play in the state of oneness – savior, prophet, healer, martyr, Mother Earth, you name it. They are all temptations to seize power for ourselves, to think ourselves to be whatever the mask or role may be. In the state of oneness, both Christ and Buddha were tempted in this manner, but they held to the “ground” that they knew to be devoid of all such energies. This ground is a “stillpoint”, not a moving energy-point. Unmasking these energies, seeing them as ruses of the self, is the particular task to be accomplished or hurdle to be overcome in the state of oneness. We cannot come to the ending of self until we have finally seen through these archetypes and can no longer be moved by any of them. So the path from oneness to no-oneness is a life that is choicelessly devoid of ego-satisfaction; a life of unmasking the energies of self and all the divine roles it is tempted to play. It is hard to call this life a “path”, yet it is the only way to get to the end of our journey.

Stephan: In The Experience of No-Self you talk at great length about your experience of the dropping away or loss of self. Could you briefly describe this experience and the events that led up to it? I was particularly struck by your statement “I realized I no longer had a ‘within’ at all.” For so many of us, the spiritual life is experienced as an “inner life” – yet the great saints and sages have talked about going beyond any sense of inwardness.

Bernadette: Your observation strikes me as particularly astute; most people miss the point. You have actually put your finger on the key factor that distinguishes between the state of oneness and the state of no-oneness, between self and no-self. So long as self remains, there will always be a “center”. Few people realize that not only is the center responsible for their interior experiences of energy, emotion, and feeling, but also, underlying these, the center is our continuous, mysterious experience of “life” and “being”. Because this experience is more pervasive than our other experiences, we may not think of “life” and “being” as an interior experience. Even in the state of oneness, we tend to forget that our experience of “being” originates in the divine center, where it is one with divine life and being. We have become so used to living from this center that we feel no need to remember it, to mentally focus on it, look within, or even think about it. Despite this fact, however, the center remains; it is the epicenter of our experience of life and being, which gives rise to our experiential energies and various feelings.

If this center suddenly dissolves and disappears, the experiences of life, being, energy, feeling and so on come to an end, because there is no “within” any more. And without a “within”, there is no subjective, psychological, or spiritual life remaining – no experience of life at all. Our subjective life is over and done with. But now, without center and circumference, where is the divine? To get hold of this situation, imagine consciousness as a balloon filled with, and suspended in divine air. The balloon experiences the divine as immanent, “in” itself, as well as transcendent, beyond or outside itself. This is the experience of the divine in ourselves and ourselves in the divine; in the state of oneness, Christ is often seen as the balloon (ourselves), completing this trinitarian experience. But what makes this whole experience possible – the divine as both immanent and transcendent – is obviously the balloon, i.e. consciousness or self. Consciousness sets up the divisions of within and without, spirit and matter, body and soul, immanent and transcendent; in fact, consciousness is responsible for every division we know of. But what if we pop the balloon – or better, cause it to vanish like a bubble that leaves no residue. All that remains is divine air. There is no divine in anything, there is no divine transcendence or beyond anything, nor is the divine anything. We cannot point to anything or anyone and say, “This or that is divine”. So the divine is all – all but consciousness or self, which created the division in the first place. As long as consciousness remains however, it does not hide the divine, nor is it ever separated from it. In Christian terms, the divine known to consciousness and experienced by it as immanent and transcendent is called God; the divine as it exists prior to consciousness and after consciousness is gone is called Godhead. Obviously, what accounts for the difference between God and Godhead is the balloon or bubble – self or consciousness. As long as any subjective self remains, a center remains; and so, too, does the sense of interiority.

Edited by The0Self

10 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

@The0Self How can Bernadette still give an interview having experienced this?

Well, in a sense, there's no Bernadette... But the body gets along just fine without an experiencer inside it. It's just the end of dualistic, subject-object awareness.

Edited by The0Self

33 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

So Bernadette is a zombie now?

Not at all, there's just aliveness. "Empty fullness." The ordinary is not distinguishable from the extraordinary. Just no one trying to get anywhere and nowhere to get to -- this is all there is. Just typing on a computer, drinking water, etc appearing to happen, but for no one separate from that. Certainly the collapse of any beliefs in the materialist paradigm -- they'd be long gone.

To tell you the truth though that all assumes she didn't pass away -- I don't know if she's still alive. Probably not hard to find out but it's irrelevant anyway.

It would have been recognized that there isn't anything outside of what appears to be happening, and it's not appearing for anyone. It's whole and complete. Whatever appears is not even "something that truly does appear." There isn't something that actually appears. There's only truth which never changes. It's not graspable and yet it's supremely simple (the problem though, is that it's really too simple to get). The appearance isn't necessarily going to appear simple, but the appearance is not other than the absolute, which is irreducible; singular; attribute-less...

It's as if the emotional machinery designed to keep one from recognizing that they're the entirety of existence, all alone, floating through perfect infinite absolute emptiness forever... fails to do its job. xD

Edited by The0Self

On 12/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, johnlocke18 said:

Then there’s one last fully peaceful cessation, and it’s so deep you can feel it is what was before the Big Bang, or infinity even existed.

No argument here.. ?

The0Self,
absolute, irreducible; singular; attribute-less...

Nor here...?

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

55 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

Doesn't this go full circle since one must somehow remain an I to navigate trough this world or someone who realized this would be a zombie/NPC from a imaginary dualistic second person perspective?

It's the end of the illusory sense of I, and yet you could say the I might as well remain, because the illusion was never actually there. It's not even a real paradox but it can certainly seem like one. Reality has no substance. A dream has no need to make sense. If anything, the awake see the not-awake as NPC's (perfection appearing as NPC's), since only for the not-awake would there be the idea that there's someone inside controlling a body.

Edited by The0Self

48 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

Why would one want to permanently realize that he was/is an illusion and stay in this nothingness "aggregate state" forever as an end state when he also could realize the illusion and imagine having sex with infinite girls simultaneously for infinity if it appears equal "real" for god? Is there a difference between no-self and jumping off a bridge what people would consider as death from first person perspective?

No reason. And no one would want to, aside from not being able to resist doing so, again for no reason, or maybe an aversion to untruth. The actual difference between anything is a dream.

Rough visualization essentially for entertainment purposes only:

Imagine two spheres occupying the exact same space (it's a rough example, because to do this accurately you'd have to, impossibly, imagine them prior to space and time). One is, the other is not. One does not appear, the other does appear. The one that is, happens to be the one that does not appear. So all appearance is not, and yet... it of course also is, simply because the sphere that is not, is not separate from the sphere that is. The sphere that is, is all that is, and therefore there isn't anything separate from it.

Edited by The0Self

2 hours ago, Trickyp said:

I think I already experienced this which felt like utter terror, by far the most frightening experience of my whole life although I cannot recall what felt so frightening about it. Call me crazy but the strange thing is that the moment I thought everything was stopping to exist forever this turned into the best experience of my life as suddenly the universe exploded in a big supernova with me a.k.a. everything turning into some form of alien-being rematerializing my human self and the universe later on out of nothing. The minutes thereafter I was/felt omniscient like Leo reports too but this state was not permanent. For some days people also did not have depth afterwards but looked like holograms. How would you interpret this?

Especially with psychedelics, there can be all sorts of awesome experiences and peeks behind the curtain... Unity-consciousness, etc. Fun stuff, but yeah it can certainly be very scary seeing that the distinction between you and the entirety of existence is imaginary / has no substance! But this is a very ordered dream without real danger (but also without real safety) so there’s nothing really to fear, but in many cases of this sort of thing yeah terror is basically just par for the course. Ego-death and being God can seem to happen, at which point the fear is usually gone because it’s generally such an incredibly high state, but the “middle zones” can be quite terrifying and it can sort of follow a rule of “uncanny valley” where the closer you get to ego-death without fully getting there, the scarier it is.

The advanced meditation paths of Buddhism, etc plan for this by recommending very good concentration and the ability to manifest bliss-on-demand so that any fear of emptiness is met with waves of overpowering bliss that kind of distract one from the fear or make them not particularly care. Even in the beginning I didn’t exactly think this was mere wishful thinking (if I did I probably wouldn’t have practiced much) — I had faith in the techniques — but until I started being able to enter jhanas, I really didn’t have any concrete basis for thinking it was anything other than make-believe... but bliss-on-demand can definitely be cultivated.

Edited by The0Self

5 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

Thank you for the reply. Last question is if you are happy with no self realisation if this makes any sense? Is this what you would have wished yourself, is there any experience/perception left, and is this state permanent for you? If you can experience blissful Jhana states now I may have misinterpreted something about no-self.

This is not a state that I'm in. It's certainly not what I wished for, but there's nothing wrong with it. There never was an experiencer.

The ability to enter jhanas is not related to no-self, they're just really, really fun toys. I haven't had the compulsion to try to enter jhana for quite some time now.

You are God, right now, dreaming up this thread.

No matter how hard you run you can never run away from yourself.

Wakey wakey ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.