Yali

We all have unique genetics ....

68 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Yali said:

Like I said, believe what you want. The truth is that you don't really know. Neither do the doctors.

That's exactly why we are discussing what we should eat, to understand more from each other, and that's why i suggest you to use the forum to share your own belief instead of only blaming others. And that goes for anyone who uses this forum. There is nothing wrong with you doing otherwise of what you hear, but it would be nice to hear what you think.

You don’t present any valuable information and/or link research or studies you’ve found and are just mindlessly being sceptic. This post isn’t bringing any value.

If Leo weren't talking about this, you'd still be eating fish. Seems like you're following him like a parrot.

It's not because of the studies he linked, it's because Leo is Leo that you believe him. @Something Funny

Edited by Yali

i have 1 scoop of protein a day , 2 pieces of salmon a week .... that's my only exposure to heavy metals .... I'm not going to get cancer, sorry! @Something Funny

if i notice brain fog then i might begin to take this seriously

Edited by Yali

6 minutes ago, Yali said:

If Leo weren't talking about this, you'd still be eating fish. Seems like you're following him like a parrot.

It's not because of the studies he linked, it's because Leo is Leo that you believe him. @Something Funny

First of all, he did link studies. 

Second of all, what he says about fish and heavy metals is all heard of.

Lastly, he already gave us enormous amounts of valuable information on many other topics so it’s normal that people give him authority. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take the matter seriously and fact check/do your own research.

@Something Funny

so what preventive measures are you going to take to eliminate heavy metals?

you going to stop eating veggies?

@Something Funny  do whatever you believe ... because Leo said so ;)

Edited by Yali

The beautiful thing in reality that you can actually improve your experience in it by embracing some beliefs.

Science did a great job in some areas in life about what are the beliefs that can be healthy for your body.

@Something Funny

will trace amounts fuck you? I don't believe so!

can you disprove my belief conclusively?

Nope!

And that's my only point

Believe what you want, that's freedom! But admit that you don't really know. hence why you BELIEVE.

belief is what you need when you don't know something ;)

I'm honest about that unlike you

Edited by Yali

d

Edited by Yali

On 14.12.2021 at 4:11 PM, Yali said:

Leo doesn't believe in a "Safe" level of heavy metal contamination.

He paints it out like it's an absolute truth, but that's just his belief.

He should be honest that it's just a belief and that he doesn't really know for sure.

First, lets define what me mean by "safe". As Paracelsus said 500 yers ago, "dosis sola facit venenum - only the dose makes the poison", its a matter of fact that there are certain dosages where ANY available substance in this universe would cause harm to metabolically active organisms. Conversely, this is also true for the other side of the spectrum. If I would inhale one atom of mercury every day (usual air contamination excluded) and for the rest of my life, chances are high that this wouldnt do anything bad at all. 

The body is a complex system, which means that even paradoxic patterns will emerge in the long run. There is a decent amount of evidence that certain kinds of well known "poisons", if chronically ingested at a low enoguh dose, activiate  the so called "sirtuin gene sequences", which are casually linked to longevity and survival benefits. Now, these data points should be interpreted with caution because "longevity" is not the only proxy you want to look at. It could well be that this benefit will come at the cost of other important outcomes like neurological health or general wellbeing. There is almost an infinite amount of cofactors that you need to look which is dumb because there are other methods out there that will do the same without the dubious substance.

So lets sum it up and dicuss why there is and isn't a healthy level of contamination: 
- In principle, there is a neutral amount of any available substance that wouldnt cause negative consequences in the long run
- The amount differs from person to person and from substance to substance due to genotypic differences in complex systems
- There is no way to find out where your subjective margin lies
- Official regulatory limits are of practical nature. If we would say that no contamination is allowed, 99% of our products would disappear over night
- Its highly likely that regulatory limits grossly underestimate/undervalue the potential dangers of all kinds of contamination
- Studying the effects on a collective is prone to a huge amount of bias
- Therefore, the real life, practical, smart way of looking at it is: There is no safe level of contamination.

I hope this clarifies the issue

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Heavy metals are actually good for your body.

I'm saying that trace amounts will not affect you in the way you think. That's a belief you cannot disprove. I also can't disprove your belief.

I'm honest about that unlike you.

@Something Funny

Edited by Yali

25 minutes ago, Yali said:

I never said this. I'm saying that trace amounts will not affect you in the way you think. That's a belief you cannot disprove.

I also can't disprove your belief. I'm honest about that unlike you.

The beliefs are not equivalent, because we know heavy metals are toxic. If we didn't know anything about the toxicity, then the beliefs would be more equivalent, but even then, you would still err on the side of caution, because the unknown carries risk. This is why rationality is not wisdom.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Edited by Yali

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

we know heavy metals are toxic

@Carl-Richard we don't know that small amounts are toxic

Edited by Yali

1 minute ago, Yali said:

My belief is that small amounts of heavy metal contamination is not toxic. You can't disprove my belief....

Ok, but do you act according to that belief? Then your belief is that taking priors into consideration and erring on the side of caution is not smart.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Something Funny

To believe heavy metals will give you superhuman power is a nonsensical belief to have.

we don't know if small amounts of heavy metals are toxic. if you want to eer on the side of safety, then avoid them completely. But do you really know?

@Carl-Richard

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

taking priors into consideration

What is there to take into consideration?

we don't know if small amounts are toxic.