The0Self

Solipsism

48 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Exactly - which is the deception the ego wants to keep you in :)  the ego's very existence stands as a separate entity

Otherwise the God/ego duality collapses and bye bye ego......

Isn't framing it this way confuse the seeker the hell of a lot though ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

13 hours ago, The0Self said:

From the perspective of liberation, even the belief that you actually live as a human being on a planet called earth, in a universe... would essentially be seen as: as deep an entrenchment in delusion

Liberation is a perspective. And yet the delusion doesn't come from nowhere, it isn't a separate thing. The delusion is made of the same stuff as the non-delusion.

All stories and explanations are false.

8 hours ago, Shin said:

Isn't framing it this way confuse the seeker the hell of a lot though ?

Its a metaphor I've tried to be done and away with for the very reason its ultimately not true and confusing or perhaps illogical after understanding its all god, however its also useful since well it does seem that ego exists (and is also God), due to intentially reason, or of no intention, perhaps its just what happens when the God dreaming starts to end or shift to something new, and the structure that remains fights (ego).  There was a guy who I don't recall the name of, but put a theory out that "ego" is just a bodily/brain thing that trys to maintain homeostasis and life, when the body/brain structure changes, homeostasis is in flux/changes, what was there before dies to replace/shift into this change, and there is a fighting for its life/structure (ego).  As awareness you witness and experience this fight and it feels like a personality attack or craziness or like "your" dying or changing, but in reality, its just processes shift (which you also are).  It was something like that, perhaps with a little of my own understanding thrown on top, but I like something about it. 

Also, God in its all loving core, doesn't seem to prefer comfort or non-comfort, pain or pleasure, but it seems to reasonable to say, as a Human dream, it very favorably prefers feeling pleasure and comfort, although I could see a strong argument against this as well.

On 12/14/2021 at 0:40 PM, Inliytened1 said:

Exactly - which is the deception the ego wants to keep you in :)  the ego's very existence stands as a separate entity

Otherwise the God/ego duality collapses and bye bye ego......

20210323_203828_IMG_0566.PNG

20200503_172624_IMG_1021.PNG

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

what prevents you from realizing who you are and keeps us in the ego is the fantasy that there are others. the ego is contrasting yourself with others. when you meditate and you see thoughts arising, that there is no total stillness ... those thoughts are the idea of others. you talk to yourself in the absence of others to talk to, but what you do is the same, contrast yourself with another. To stop this you have to come to the certainty, aberrant to the ego, that there is only you. you only exist, there is nothing else, nor can there be. but you are not you, of course. As long as you have the false certainty that there are others, there will be no empty mind

Solipsism: "the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist."

You will never find anything outside the Self because Self is infinite.

Self cannot have an "outside".

So that settles that.

See how easy that was? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Solipsism: "the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist."

You will never find anything outside the Self because Self is infinite.

So that settles that.

For real... ? 

The reason for the thread was basically everyone who, I can only assume, doesn’t know the established definition of solipsism, which is quite obviously just the way it is.

From Wikipedia:

Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

If God is Infinite Mind, and you are God, there is nothing outside of You.

God is an Infinite Mind which imagines other minds within itself.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah... 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

From Wikipedia:

If God is Infinite Mind, and you are God, there is nothing outside of You.

God is an Infinite Mind which imagines other minds within itself.

Your position isn't of cosmopsychism which is what your kinda of inferring.

Your position is Leo Gura == God and everyone else is a figment of your mind. You don't recognize your experience as being the same relative as mine and everyone elses; we don't even have an experience.

29 minutes ago, wildflower said:

Your position is Leo Gura == God and everyone else is a figment of your mind. You don't recognize your experience as being the same relative as mine and everyone elses; we don't even have an experience.

This the exact impression i got day 1 2 years ago 

Like if God is both you and me, why can't it imagine both "experiences" 

And if there is no you that also means there isn't a me! 

Like bruh 

47 minutes ago, Iesu said:

And if there is no you that also means there isn't a me! 

Well, yeah.

All the me knows is that it is. And that knowing is illusory, as there isn't actually something that knows.

Edited by The0Self

2 hours ago, wildflower said:

The truth is that you are God.

Everything else is your game.

The end.

Oddly enough, solipsism has never really activated agitation in the mind. It’s been strange observing how many threads and how much resistance on the forum there is about solipsism. I just have no problems with it. 

In my experience, realizing solipsism has an incredibly palpable heart element. Recognizing absolute solipsism feels heart wrenching, it’s like tapping into infinite interconnectivity and taking on the weight of reality’s pain, joy, sorrow, ecstasy, bliss, suffering, peace, love… it’s all just one. And that oneness is overwhelmingly beautiful and I suppose could be horrifying to the unprepared mind. Perhaps an acquired taste.

Yet there is a very grounded element to solipsism, an intrinsic freedom and equilibrium it necessitates. Yes it’s on some level horrifying, but on the other-hand, it is utterly unifying. Every moment, a perfect union with all other moments and beings. I don’t know how to describe why such an actuality is so supportive, but it is, truly, supportive. 

The syllogistics are maximally simple:

If I am, and everything is all there is, then I am everything.

Do you guys make a distinction between

a) ego based solipsism, where the character that experiences separation believes it's own human mind is imagining everything

vs.

b) God based solipsism. Where the ego is seen as an appearance and as a part of Gods mind, but also something muuuch greater than just the finite human mind. 

I think a lot of the sense of fear and aloness towards the idea of solipsism comes from a) and it is usually what is assumed when humans experiencing separation are talking about solipsism.

But do you think this kind of distinction can be made?

The neo advaitans would probably say no, you are already "God", awake etc. even if you don't see it so. 

What do you think?

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The end.

Snapchat-108030576.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

Do you guys make a distinction between

a) ego based solipsism, where the character that experiences separation believes it's own human mind is imagining everything

vs.

b) God based solipsism. Where the ego is seen as an appearance and as a part of Gods mind, but also something muuuch greater than just the finite human mind. 

I think a lot of the sense of fear and aloness towards the idea of solipsism comes from a) and it is usually what is assumed when humans experiencing separation are talking about solipsism.

But do you think this kind of distinction can be made?

The neo advaitans would probably say no, you are already "God", awake etc. even if you don't see it so. 

What do you think?

Yes 100% always saw A as Bs but B is what really got to me 

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The end.

It can't be hard to concisely articulate your position? You live in equivocation and opaqueness 

Who is God? me or you or both? are you talking about my ego perspective, your ego perspective or the transcendental whole that contains us both?

Why is it so hard to make explicit the context you are speaking? 

When you say 'you' 'your' who are what are you referring to at what level?