harisankartj

Does Loneliness Actually Exist?

6 posts in this topic

I have always wondered why I always feel so lonely in my body when I am secluded and isolated from society.Do humans really NEED social contact?

Is it possible for an individual to live a contented life without ANY social contact?And that too without much distractions?

I've been alone without family or friends for many many months now, actually in smaller scales for years, and I don't even have the sligthest sense of loneliness.

Most people only want to talk about gossip, their problems, status, materialism, the weather, pettiness anyway. I have a lot of better things to do. If you've spent a few hours with an ordinary person you've basically met them all, it's just the same thing over and over again in different wrapping. And they aren't even aware of it. 

After time spent on your job it's not much time left and you can easily get trapped by the silly games and all of a sudden you're 60 years old and all the time is wasted on monkey activities.

I think loneliness exist because people let it. Just another illusion I was fortunate to grow out of. You don't need anything or anyone to be happy

You probably have this flashy image in your head of how very social people got it and that they are in this consistent flow of laughter and new valuable experiences. But for every valuable hour with ordinary people, you have to waste 100 hours on all their pettiness.. Not a very effective path for happiness

Ofc you probably want to have activities and interests that works best in solitude. If you have no interest in thinking, not thinking, meditation, art, ideas, knowledge and learning, contemplation which I think requires silence away from the majority of people.. +1325432 other things you can do alone.. If you find these things boring then what are you going to do with all that time alone? :P Then you probably should build yourself up to become more social

Edited by Kenhol

@Kenhol Yeah,true that only a minute portion is something valuable from overly social people....or ordinary people in general who live ordinary lives,but you have got to consider another factor ..existential void...people including me distract themselves from this void which I personally have to admit am having a tough time accepting it.

I think I phrased my question wrong,I actually wanted to know if an individual could accept this existential ,empty void without doing ANYTHING ,even the stuff that grows you.

Well, in my opinion loniliness is actually doesnt exist. its an illusion  of our mind or its a trick that our mind plays on us a it is biologically wired to do so. Raising awareness and consciousness will lessen this problem and ultimately fix it to the root cause. Its mere psychological dependency that almost everyone exhibits. When at first we try to withdraw ourself from social circle to find some time for contemplation or meditaiton then we experience withdrawal symptoms and  are analogous to physiological withdrawal symptoms after quiting drugs. In  a nutshell , the more we will develop ourselves as a human being lesser would be the feeling of lonliness that we feel.

@Sunil Kumar yeah I agree that the more developed a person is the less loneliness he feels when he is actually alone.But I want to know how loneliness operates on the lower conscious level...what exactly happens wen one raises consciousness..and how the feeling of seperateness dissolves.

And I would like it if leo did an entire video dedicated to the subject of loneliness.