Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenSwift

Guided Exercise for Ego Death?

9 posts in this topic

Is there a guided exercise for ego death audio out there? Something that you would listen to while on a psychedelic like LSD. 

I've realized that my ego gets in the way of my contemplation while on LSD.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

I don’t think it is something you can plan for.  It is the opposite of control.  I recently had an ego death on Ayahuasca, after numerous ceremonies.  The medicine just decided to take me there.  It was unexpected, terrifying, and beautiful.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

The ego is an illusory identification as this or that.....it's already not real!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1. more experience

2. upping the dose

3. (this one is perhaps most important but you can’t choose it) obsession about what is ultimately true and coming to terms with the fact that you have no idea what it is and you’re not happy about that one bit

4. gently coming to terms with solipsism — as ego-death is highly, highly suggestive of solipsism, and if you’re afraid of that, it could maybe be holding you back

Maybe...

I don’t really know for certain. It depends on the person, it seems.

So far, I know you can get ego death by contemplating the following:

• What is death?
  • What is a self?
  • What is ego?

I would pretty much just want a guided contemplation though these. 

@The0Self yeah upping the dose is for sure something I'll need. 

Definetly need more experience in the trenches. It's probably more straightforward than I think. Especially if I can do a full neti neti routine going off by heart. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

7 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

So far, I know you can get ego death by contemplating the following:

• What is death?
  • What is a self?
  • What is ego?

I would pretty much just want a guided contemplation though these. 

Have you done self inquiry?   Leo's got some really good self inquiry videos, and has some lumped in the early enlightenment videos if you listen to them all.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Sorry, mb. Misunderstood the topic ?

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Ego cannot die, because it never lived to begin with. Ego is an activity by which Consciousness mistakenly identify itself as concept, a formulation of mind. Becoming conscious of mind activities, rather than being entangled with them, is the unbinding of Consciousness from mind. 

Psychedelics can untie for the duration of the trip much of the ties between mind and Consciousness. However, it usually does not sever those ties for good. This is where contemplation or meditation comes in. If you practice long enough, You will find You are meditating and contemplating whenever you can, and not just when you "sit on the cushion". Over time both practice and mind will erode, just like two stones rubbing against each other. And then, one day, Consciousness will realize that contemplation, meditation or inquiry are sophisticated inventions invented by mind in order to put the mind in a "position" where it can be observed and seen for what it really is, and what is it's source and reality.

The more Consciousness sinks back to itself, the more conscious it will be of mind activities (thoughts, beliefs, emotions, etc) and more freedom will arise as a result, allowing Consciousness to not fall again into identification and ignorance.