machinegun

Why is Leo Gura rich?

76 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

True spirituality embraces all aspects of reality with the highest Love.

But it obviously doesn't embrace the poor nor the homeless. It only embraces what the ego wants. Of course.

More money for me = less money for the poor. It's such an easy equation.

Notice, I'm not telling you what to do. This is not a moral speech. It's just the truth.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

But it obviously doesn't embrace the poor nor the homeless. It only embraces what the ego wants. Of course.

Not sure if this is projection. I think your ego wants me to bow to your model of spirituality is what I think.

You will always have an ego as long as you are human. I think a more balance and mature approach is to use your non-dual understanding and insight into selflessness to develop a healthy more holistically oriented ego.

Becareful turning survival, ego and purpose into a shadow. I suggest instead, turning it into something you pursue out of love.

There is no evidence of this. I don't think you really understand economics and the reality of the poor. You having money... even millions of dollars is only a drop in the ocean of the global economy.

Notice, I'm not telling you what to do. This is not a moral speech. It's just the truth.

Ah, claiming to know the truth... when you don't can be dangerous.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

42 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

No, spirituality does not and should not include survival. Survival pollutes spirituality and ruins it for any serious seeker. God does not care about your life. Only you care about your life.

It does include survival. Survival is the basis and foundation of all higher level pursuits. If you think this. Go live in a third world country and try to be spiritual.

Notice that survival is not the same as breathing and eating and all that basic stuff that happens organically. Survival is a lot broader of a concept than just surviving, and it requires sacrificing goodness and selling your soul to the devil.

This is not the case. In some degrees, yes all survival means some degree of evil. But, you can do survival in a high quality and concious way that serves mankind in a meaningful way that also makes your life beautiful.

Except that there is. If you want to be spiritual, there are things that you do and things that you don't. Survival is not one of the things you do, it's one of the things that either happen or don't. You're not willing to die for God, and that's fine I'm not asking you to. I'm just telling you how it is, and that your spiritual ego is not true spirituality.

You can do both actually. There is nothing about being spiritual, or dying for God that means you need to be poor, boring and lazy. Your spirituality, is a dogma your now trying to spread onto me. There are many mountains, many mountain tops and mountain ranges. In Tantra, Yoga, Buddhism, the more you study the more you will see that not living, is really not spiritual.

What you are calling spirituality, imo, is not. It is only a single facet and lacks balance. However, it may work for you. So, go do that. Just don't confuse not doing anything with your life in the name of spirituality... spiritual. It may be even spiritual bypassing.

If you want to be a millionaire, there are things that you do and things that you don't. You can't sit around at home and expect to be a millionaire out of nowhere. Same thing with spirituality, but in reverse.

You can make millions in a high conscious way. You can be spiritual and still pursue material things. It really depends on the vision for your life.

I just simply disagree that doing nothing with your life is somehow higher and mightier than doing something with it. You can pursue truth, and success, and healthy relationships. All done at the right time I think would make the best life. Even if you do nothing, you aint gonna escape the social matrix and will be contributing to evil... because you have to survive. 

If spirituality is death, than... Well, I am not gonna promote suicide but... 

Many of these people who spend years meditating still have lots of problems. Awakening is only one facet of reality. If God created all things, what makes you think he wants you to not enjoy the creation?

But, I understand what you are saying in some way. I just think the duality between doing something with your life, and earning good money and being 'spiritual' is a false duality. Because, a poor 'spiritual' person likely puts in the same hours a rich person does. But, if they actually went and pursued a high level purpose they would be able to change the world for the better instead of being complicit in the evil by doing nothing.

If you don't even label/consider yourself spiritual, then why do you feel certified to talk about spirituality?

Because, like you said. Labeling, or trying to become something.. in your case "spiritual" is ego. Then you create a Spiritual Ego. When you don't identify with anything. You become What IS. And, there are not rules for What IS. These labels and rules you create are egoic constraints for my view. However, there is room or time for this type of spiritual practice.

I think you're confusing post-modernism with spirituality here, which happens a lot.

No, I am pulling from the many spiritual teachers and texts and direct experiences I've observed over the years.

There is more to simply being unattached, selfless and dead to spirituality. 

Go ask a Tantric, or a Taoist... Or, me.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art By all means, go make your money. I'm not gonna stop you. I will just consider you selfish and unspiritual, and I don't think you'd care, so no harm being done here.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Then why don't you donate all of your money to homeless, and starve in the streets?

If you haven't done this, then what you speak is hypocrisy. 

Survival is embedded deeply in the human psyche, and you should not judge it as "anti-spiritual".

God manifests and loves all of reality, including your own survival mechanisms .. including your denial that you even have survival mechanisms.

Edited by Terell Kirby

Almost anyone else in my position would monetize Actualized.org by a factor of 5x-10x more.

I have literally left millions in profits on the floor.

I've given that up simply to pursue my personal spiritual development and topics I like to talk about.

I'm rich relative to an average dude. But I'm much less rich than I would be if I cared about profits instead of consciousness.

The money makes me uncorruptable by any corporate forces.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is nothing wrong with making some cash and living comfortably. You’re over valuing an image of Leo as your guru if you are bothered by him having some cash and having some fun in Vegas. Not everyone needs to fit some sort of mold to talk about some spiritual stuff. If you are bothered by that find other people to look up to. He says some silly and questionable advice sometimes and is immature on the forum sometimes but he’s far from some guy exploiting people for cash in the name of spirituality. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Leo Gura What does being uncorrupted by corporate forces mean? Also does the money just sit in a bank account?

2 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Then why don't you donate all of your money to homeless, and starve in the streets?

Because I am selfish, and I don't claim to be otherwise. Anyone who claims selflessness should be the one to donate all their money.

If you haven't done this, then what you speak is hypocrisy. 

No. I'm honest about my selfishness. You probably didn't read my previous posts.

Survival is embedded deeply in the human psyche, and you should not judge it as "anti-spiritual".

It's not a moral judgment. It's calling it as it is. Try and see. The more material possessions you gather, the less spiritual you'll become. You will feel the difference directly in your experience. It's just how it is by definition. Try minimalism, and you will reach God faster than you'd ever do normally.

God manifests and loves all of reality, including your own survival mechanisms .. including your denial that you even have survival mechanisms.

Sigh. 

Edited by Gesundheit2

"The price of Truth is everything." -- Jed McKenna.

25 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

It's not a moral judgment. It's calling it as it is. Try and see. The more material possessions you gather, the less spiritual you'll become. You will feel the difference directly in your experience. It's just how it is by definition. Try minimalism, and you will reach God faster than you'd ever do normally.

Are you a thing? Are you a thing that can have things? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Why are personal attacks like this even entertained on here?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I wonder what the op would think of Bentinho who smoke cigars and check his phone in the middle of talk, party like crazy and has 2 wives (and prolly more fun non commited gf) xD xD xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

It's not a moral judgment. It's calling it as it is.

"As it is", so you claim, is your own truth on spirituality and material possessions.

But don't mistake what is true for you to be what is true for everyone else, or universally true by any means.

To not acknowledge the relativity of your statements makes you a moralist.

43 minutes ago, Shin said:

I wonder what the op would think of Bentinho who smoke cigars and check his phone in the middle of talk, party like crazy and has 2 wives (and prolly more fun non commited gf) xD xD xD 

probably uses his congregation to find concubines, ethically questionable for a spiritual teacher. like mooji.

at least it seems like leo doesn't shit where he eats. that one time he made a post on his blog to try and find someone was funny though, but he quickly deleted it, so kudos. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Almost anyone else in my position would monetize Actualized.org by a factor of 5x-10x more.

I have literally left millions in profits on the floor.

I've given that up simply to pursue my personal spiritual development and topics I like to talk about.

I'm rich relative to an average dude. But I'm much less rich than I would be if I cared about profits instead of consciousness.

The money makes me uncorruptable by any corporate forces.

This. 

nothing wrong with earning money in a high consciousness way. Would rather do that than be spiritual and poor instead of being a player in the world. 

money is the life blood of playing in the social matrix. 

my focus is selfless impact. But, gotta actually do business to do that… 

and if your selfless.. you can still take care of yourself.

my business is The Effortless Workweek… helping office workers develop less stress and more energy, etc using Qigong principles. 

im a real devil ? 

also, I personally have very little desire for material things. If I was selfish I would just sit on my ass at my current cushy job and just cost the easy life. But, instead I’m facing all my fears and resistance to build a powerful life and impact. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Okay, but your gonna experience that for a bit… 

okay there is still this finite limited plain, millions of problems to be solved for people all around the world. 

Getting paid your worth for creating lots of value in the world is a hard and noble thing. To judge it as less than is an error IMO. 

Id rather be one who has lots of money and can use it for good than be poor and useless to society. I’d also rather have money from selling a high quality service, helping people who wouldn’t be helped if I took your attitude toward reality. Which, is infinitely relative which you haven’t yet grocked. 

There is a quality to any action or pursuit. Success can be pursued in a high quality way.

ive been contemplating some of my mystical experiences lately… I’ve died many times. My actions now are based on these insights of infinite love. The awakening is the water (like Buddha’s initial awaking) my business and service is the glass. 

judge me all you want. I am every day more liberated and sovereign and grounded in my truth. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Shin said:

hahah! good one!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

8 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Everything means dropping every belief about reality. Not becoming a bum.

If it was really everything in a literal sense, he wouldn't be alive to write his books.