Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

Huel and heavy metals

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if huel is free from heavy metals?

@ROOBIO I think it's likely that it will contain some % of heavy metals. Huel even say they are well below the limit of danger which is implying that there is heavy metal content. The question is to what degree and how much Huel you're consuming. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

5 minutes ago, Space said:

@ROOBIO I think it's likely that it will contain some % of heavy metals. Huel even say they are well below the limit of danger which is implying that there is heavy metal content. The question is to what degree and how much Huel you're consuming. 

I see, I have about 1200kcal of huel a day, the rest 800-1000, is a whole plant based diet of fruits, vegetables, fats, and complex carbs.

Edited by ROOBIO

29 minutes ago, ROOBIO said:

I see, I have about 1200kcal of huel a day

Why no try to cut down on those powders and buy more nuts, seeds, nut butters and other more calorically dense foods? Huel are huge on marketing and they seem to be better than most other brands but nobody really knows if they are safe. Food is about more than just calories and protein and huel cannot give you things like phytochemicals, antioxidants. Their powders are also a poor source of fibre and Macrobiota Acessible Carbohydrates which we should eat in abundance from natural foods. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Why does Leo have such a disdain for heavy metal? I personal do not like the genre as well, but there is no reason to make a whole 1 hr video against it. Just ignore it and let people listen to their preferred music.