thenondualtankie

Any other hardcore Marxist-Leninists here?

27 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, AdroseAkise said:

I do think of Communism as the ultimate ideal, spiritual system. It just has to be implemented in the right places of the world. I also see Communism, or at least the end of Capitalism, as an inevitability.

I can envision communism working quite well on a small scale for communities that are under the Dunbar number. The problem comes with scaling that sort of system up to work well for a society of millions of people, because it introduces Game Denial which would require changes in human nature to overcome.

That's not to deny the validity of Marx's critique of Capitalism.

Just that his perspective is true but partial.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Marxist and ML Theory and Analysis is pretty based. 

However, almost all the proposed solutions involve high state control. Luckily with technology we can explore different solutions. But yeah, my general take on MLs is that they are worth studying, but not emulating, because it wouldn't be appropriate.

Also, Marxism is a materialist philosophy, so it's got it's limitations there. 

33 minutes ago, Chew211 said:

Marxist and ML Theory and Analysis is pretty based. 

However, almost all the proposed solutions involve high state control. Luckily with technology we can explore different solutions. But yeah, my general take on MLs is that they are worth studying, but not emulating, because it wouldn't be appropriate.

Also, Marxism is a materialist philosophy, so it's got it's limitations there. 

My own perspective is that Hegel's dialectical system was superior to Marx's in almost every way.

That's not to say that Marx doesn't apply dialectics to good effect for the purposes of deconstructing oppressive hierarchies, just that hitching it to materialist assumptions makes it a far more limited tool and also introduces the likelihood of commiting epistemic errors.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

52 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

My own perspective is that Hegel's dialectical system was superior to Marx's in almost every way.

That's not to say that Marx doesn't apply dialectics to good effect for the purposes of deconstructing oppressive hierarchies, just that hitching it to materialist assumptions makes it a far more limited tool and also introduces the likelihood of commiting epistemic errors.

From what I know of Hegel from reading Sublime Object of Ideology, I'd have to agree. 

Though Capital (or more accessibly, David Harvey's Companion to Capital) is a must read.

Osho himself made several speeches about how Communism was the ideal system, though it was missing 'zen fire and zen wind' (authentic spirituality). 

2 hours ago, Tech36363 said:

Marxists in practice do THE SAME EXACT THING @Fleetinglife

Prove your assertion on a concrete example before you accuse.

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'