Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Junk Food Problem

13 posts in this topic

My Mom won't stop giving me junk food. She tries to give me a "balanced diet". I honestly just want to move on and let go (and because I am in cross fit and on the basketball team). No one guilt tripped me because I knew about the importance of diet from the very beginning. I tried telling my Mom what my goal is but doesn't listen because of all of these excuses.

My mom does the same thing. It has ruined my health big time. 

Difficult to convince parents. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Can you leave your parent's house? Or would it simply be possible for you to cook your own meals? My mom never allowed me to make my own meals so leaving home was the only option if I was to become self-sufficient and make my own decisions. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just write down what you want. She’ll probably pick that up instead of the junk food. 

Try the loophole shake while you’re at it. Try it with mum, not against. 9_9

Watch those double standards. Can’t really point the excuses finger when mum’s the excuse. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Just write down what you want. She’ll probably pick that up instead of the junk food. 

She would sometimes go on her own though. 

@Nahm I looked up what a magnetic shopping list is but I have no clue or what it is for and how that is different from writing down a list. Let's not get too crazy about the solutions, I just don't want the junk food consumption to get out of hand but it's not like I crave it that much to actually eat it. It's just that I am concerned about willpower. Yes Leo said that awareness alone is curative and it does work.However, doesn't awareness and willpower both have a baseline and both fade? What is the difference? Doesn't the problem just come back after I lose awareness, does the problem never come back even after I Iose awareness or is my baseline level of consciousness more permanent than my baseline level of willpower? I watched Leo's video on awareness alone being curative but I still don't get it. What I do understand however is that the longer I keep cravings in general, the stronger they get and I think that was the main idea. 

@AndylizedAAY

It’s a little pad of paper with a magnet on it so it can hang on the fridge. 

2 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

However, doesn't awareness and willpower both have a baseline and both fade?

No, no, and no. 

2 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

Yes Leo said that awareness alone is curative and it does work.However, doesn't awareness and willpower both have a baseline and both fade? What is the difference? Doesn't the problem just come back after I lose awareness, does the problem never come back even after I Iose awareness or is my baseline level of consciousness more permanent than my baseline level of willpower? I watched Leo's video on awareness alone being curative but I still don't get it. What I do understand however is that the longer I keep cravings in general, the stronger they get and I think that was the main idea. 

When asking about what was said, simply ask the one who said it. 

Be simple my friend. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Why don't you offer to go shopping? 

Explain to her that you want to eat healthy and ask her if she needs anything. 

She'll probably like that you're growing up and support it. 

Start with yourself. You can't convince people to eat health just by talking. You have to start buying and cooking healthy food. The best way to convince your mother would be cooking delicious (healthy meal) once a week.

If you talk about changing your diet but you expect that your mother will make that food for you, it's not going to work.

In my case this method worked out but my family always ate relatively healthy food to begin with.

I am not sure if I am overreacting. I am starting to second guess myself. A lot of junk received can be relative.