Rilles

I Have Had Enough Of This

101 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

?‍♂️

its weird man.

i would say it is fucking insane, beautiful, deep, thrilling, disgusting, mind fucking, all at once. 

This thread would be locked soon without warning.leo do not take critisism.no where have i heard him say "oh i was wrong" or "i havnt thought about it like that" or "u r right thanku for telling me".adeptus psychonautica  is very well respected amoung psychidelic community.he had decades of experience and figured out thing which leo is  trying to figure out now and is stuck in the head.his critisim are all legit and he is right .leo admits he is delusional .but leo do not say it in direct way .leo never admits he is wrong or say it in a sneaky and subtle ways.that is a problem that arise when u make self help a business.u first and formost have to think about your survival.if leo says i am wrong then he might lose some followers or many followers and his survival gets threatened.

Leos video were all gold until he took 30 day dmt.before 2019 videos are very eye opening and very informative and very benificial.after that he make 1 or 2 or 3 good general self help videos per year. 

When someone critisize leo, a bunch of normies or people who  started watching leo on the yesterdays suddenly start to attack u.if leo do not listen to critism or block critism then his business will go exrinct soon or his followers will be normies or low conscious people.

@Rilles it's good that you're thinking for yourself - and I agree with your main points - but there's no need to leave or to get so upset.

We just have to know when to drop everyone and anyone off the pedestal and be okay with whatever others are going through.

When I see this charade of "I'm more awake than anyone else" on the forum - and it's not just Leo who does it - what I see is dukkha, to use a Buddhist term. It's suffering, it's clinging to a position. It's ego.

And that's ok, I have those moments too, clinging just happens. If we're lucky, it is recognized and peace arises. If not, we keep debating on the forum and telling everyone how 'I know God and you don't' :D

It's a wonderful play, just enjoy it ;)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

I agree, this place has changed.
I'm gunna peace out for a year or more and see if the crowd has switched it up by then, maybe more healthy people here.  Maybe Leo will do what he promised and ban people who are just using this place as a crutch and not doing the work; this whole community needs a fresh face.

I've moved to an art community and am very happy there.
No solipsism, and I don't have to read posts that are demeaning towards women as often as I do here, and the people are more healthy so it seems.  This place... let me put it this way, I found saner people, better people in a mental facility than what is presented here as the typical Leo Gura follower.

Leo, you need to take your followers... who is following you, seriously... if people are trauma bonding to your forum and not growing, then they're trauma bonded to you, and you should take the excruciating fault finding that you do in the women you date, and use that on who should and should not be following your work.

All the good people have left or are leaving over the years.  All that you will have left are people who are too messed up to be able to let go of a forum.  That isn't spirituality.  It's trauma bonding, and it's sad and kind of ... pathetic.

I hope Leo finds a good woman soon so he can move his stage orange dating strategies to a more stage green place.  Then perhaps his views on women might soften a bit.  When he finds out that no one is perfect.

I spent some time thinking on this... if I was in a workplace setting, would I allow myself to stay in this environment or would I find a new job?  If this crowd was considered my co-workers?  I would find a new job... I should treat such places the same.

I had initially wanted to spend a few years growing my art hobby and giving back to this community by doing works of art pro bono for people who are in emotional/financial/spiritual turmoil - just to help - but the energy here has never really... deserved my time.  I could be spending this on cancer patients or volunteering my art elsewhere in a more emotionally robust community and work on my spirituality in my own time.

A lot of people here have taken on Leo's path... and not the path of memento mori, which should be included in work, because we have souls... there's so much missing when it comes to spiritual wildlife, siddhis, shamanism, ect, ect from here and has turned into a place where people just do a lot of drugs and hope that will give them what they need.  I don't think God would have it this way, that a drug up the butt would be your salvation.... I think there's more grace to it than what is seen... I think there's probably comedy in doing something like that; such as developing narcissism, which is what solipsists are, essentially.

I think this place set me back in my journey and I am going to do my spirituality on my own, and find friends who are artistic and crafty somewhere better....

A lot of people have mentioned the same things over the years, you have the more sensitive people who leave because this place is just not friendly.  It isn't heart-centered.  I've been gaslit a lot here... and I don't like it.  I don't like that you can't stick up for yourself, that people who do wrong by this community are not removed quicker than they should be.

So... okay.  Keep the trauma bonded personality disordered, and I will take my value, my art, my time, and pool it all into a community that deserves it.  This place is whack. 

7 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Meditation is gay. Drugs warped my brain into giving me at least some proveable answers.

Drugs are also trauma inducing. Never again would I touch a psychedelic.

That’s why I advocate using these medicines only under the guidance of a shaman and in ceremony.   A screwdriver is also trauma inducing if you stick it in your ear, but is empowering if you use it for its proper purpose.    These are medicines and not drugs. 

Also, not discussed here is the issue of detoxification.  In the Amazon,  they have power plants that detoxify your body and mind of negativity and poisons.  You do this while on a plant diet which is part of the detoxification.   This is done before taking a vision plant like ayahausca, so the visions will be true, rather then further feeding the false self.  I take sananga eye drops before ayahauasca to clear the third eye.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

29 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

I take sananga eye drops 

they burn a lot though

i want to try kambo, hopefully soon

Edited by PurpleTree

Leo has helped me alot on my journey. From all the self helps videos to his first enlightenment videos. He's got a talent to break things down and explain them well so thank you Leo, you are awesome!

When he started his psychedelics journey I started resonating less and less with his teachings and that's natural since I don't take psychedelics myself. It's all good anyway. A natural progression of life where things come and go. The only thing is to let go and move on. Not that it means that I will leave this forum. I enjoy being here so I will probably stick around. ?

Edit: I hope Leo can adjust his teachings to resonate with both  psychedelic and non-psychedelic followers.

Edited by WelcometoReality

@WelcometoReality Psychedelics or no psychedelics, Leo's insights into reality are super valuable and profound. I'm not a psych user either, only had 2 mushroom trips about a year and a half ago, but still continue watching, learning, and most importantly directly verifying his every video and blog  communication. The material he puts out is truly a spiritual goldmine. 

@Rilles It's ok not to resonate with everything Leo says or his style of communication. Look beyond the language and your personal biases and projection. Take the golden nuggets he offers and leave the rest alone. You can't expect reality conform to your liking, it's just that simple.

@Rilles Forget about Leo. He is not your teacher. He is literally just a guy on YouTube, his words have no special authority.

Because YOU are sovereign. Not Leo. Not me. Not anybody else on this forum, it's YOU.

The reason you're saying "I've had enough of this", followed by your rant about Leo is because you still think his authority as a spiritual teacher trumps your sovereignty. If you didn't do that, you wouldn't have made this thread. 

Yes, his insights can be extremely valuable and yes, he can be a good teacher. 

But you need to realize that it's YOU who makes him a teacher. You, by submitting yourself as a student, create the teacher. 

It's tricky. On the one hand, I am grateful for all the content, insights, wisdom etc. and do have respect for Leo but at the same time he developed this spiritual macho attitude which I don't resonate with

He doesn't care about Liberation or Happiness, he only cares about pure Understanding, because he is selflessly selfless. He is a hero. That's a nice story you are telling yourself, but understanding is not the end goal that you are after. You still expect something from understanding things. Understanding is not Being

We need more of this 

LBQXN24_d.jpg

Edited by Jakuchu

9_9

Trips, breakthroughs, higher states of consciousness and insights are not Truth or Life. They're just trips, breakthroughs, higher states of consciousness and insights.

Actualized.org isn't really not as much about Truth as it often conveys. It's quite literally just advanced mental gymnastics. Which is okay, nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing bad or wrong about piano classes or actual gymnastics. The problem comes when it's mistaken for Life.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Rilles just like you, I have many criticisms of modern Leo and Actualized.org. But he was humble enough to create a dedicated thread where you can express any issues that you have with him. (You can find it on his page if you look at his topics). After leaving a comment there, I feel a lot more comfortable being around here, and it also makes me comfortable to know that I can always go back there and post more if more issues arise. Now, I'm not sure how much he keeps up with all the critiques in that thread, but I suggest you post there and then participate in the forum as you feel comfortable.

Because at the end of the day, this is Leo's community. There are plenty of more controversial ideas and posts I would like to make but they go against the forum rules. So I don't post them. It is what it is. However, I get enough value out of this forum in other ways that I still occasionally post / stick around.

The last thing I'll say is that I do agree with you that Leo's content is not what it used to be. But there are reasons for that, and it's not the psychedelics. He's going through a lot of health issues right now and if you go on his blog you can see how debilitating it has been for him. Once he gets all those issues resolved, I have faith that the content will go back to what it used to be. But also, Leo has changed as a person, and it's a person that I no longer resonate with in the same way. One day, I hope I'll resonate with him again like I used to. Until then, I just rewatch the 2016 to 2018 content. There are still plenty of nuggets in there.

Edited by EternalForest

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

@WelcometoReality Psychedelics or no psychedelics, Leo's insights into reality are super valuable and profound. I'm not a psych user either, only had 2 mushroom trips about a year and a half ago, but still continue watching, learning, and most importantly directly verifying his every video and blog  communication. The material he puts out is truly a spiritual goldmine. 

@Rilles It's ok not to resonate with everything Leo says or his style of communication. Look beyond the language and your personal biases and projection. Take the golden nuggets he offers and leave the rest alone. You can't expect reality conform to your liking, it's just that simple.

As with any teaching; verify, integrate, drop ?

Any specific teaching you think is more golden than other ones?

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

9_9

Trips, breakthroughs, higher states of consciousness and insights are not Truth or Life. They're just trips, breakthroughs, higher states of consciousness and insights.

Actualized.org isn't really not as much about Truth as it often conveys. It's quite literally just advanced mental gymnastics. Which is okay, nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing bad or wrong about piano classes or actual gymnastics. The problem comes when it's mistaken for Life.

Talk about making dualitys out of thin air, psychedelics is life, is being, you create a distinction out of thin air here..

They are truth and they are life.

Just as much as anything else.

Who's doing the mental gymnastics here really?

" they are just " lol what do you think any insight / any creation actually is?

There is plenty of non dual parroting on this forum with no power or actuality behind it.

" its all one , but only sometimes, when I feel like it , and only if it fits my views on reality " 

Life holds and incorporate everything you ever have been or done or will do.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

21 hours ago, Rilles said:

Leo...

1. Claims hes more awake than anyone ever in history despite this being impossible to know except through his own narcissistic inference. 

2. Claims everyone else is delusional.

3. Constantly keeps you on the hook with new subjects which keeps you stuck and make you feel like you wont enough as a person if you stop following him. "You havent even begun to grow!" "Go deeper!" "That was a taste, now do 25000 trips more"

4. Says you shouldnt make it about him then makes it all about him. "Im so awake!"

5. Uses non-dual gaslighting everytime you criticize something he does, notice he almost never holds himself accountable when you question him, he always knows more than you! Its almost like he is omniscient! Weird huh!

What happened to humblessness, letting go of ego? Perhaps some Shadow Work is necessary? 

Its almost like how forgot how to be a decent human living in the relative world. This thread will get locked obviously. Criticism is not allowed here. But this is my personal view and you can disagree or not. I dont care. Im not coming back after this relevation. Im thankful for the 1000s of ideas I learned from Actualized although half of them arent really new and borrowed from other thinkers but it was nice to have them collected on one channel although it went downhill somewhere around 2019 when it all became about how God he was and how delusional everyone else was. My self-reflection alarm bell feelings have been ringing for about a year now about this and I have had enough.

I have been too nice because I myself grew up with a narcissist and was too forgiving so I can see how I have been too forgiving here and been stuck in a blindspot. Of course the response here will be "Im not awake enough, Im imagining this and that" typical narcissist gaslightning answer to make you invalidate your own feelings. Bye. 

Maybe he just wants to make sure that you don't stop too early.. That you keep on going until you actually are fully enlightened.

You can't go too far, but you can go too short.

Like Jed McKenna says: "Further".

Wow... this kind of turned into a dog pile on Leo.

C'mova here brotha and give yourself a big hug....

Actualized.org's spiritual leader leo gura isn't fully awakened and has a too dominant SD stage orange aspects and many other flaws.

He is just a finger pointer to the moon, like other spiritual teachers.

I imagine them standing on a huge field, everyone is pointing to the moon in various fashions, they're standing in different positions so the moon looks slightly different to each of them, each of them is trying to pass the information he sees in a way he understands it with his own perception and filters. The pointer isn't the moon, no matter how accurately he describes you the moon.

We get filtered information, not 100% accurate, we will never get the 100% truth from the spiritual teacher, we only can get the overall image and the direction and it is our responsibility to find it out by ourselves.

People expect from their teachers to carry them to the truth because they don't want to carry themselves, if you expect someone to carry you to the truth you'll be disappointed and angry because no one can fully meet your expectations and fantasies about what fashion you want to be carried to the truth.

Our main work is not here at this forum but in our real life with our crazy monkey minds, we need to adjust the teachings we learned from various people to our real life circumstances and stage in life. This forum can be very misused and it often used as distraction from a real self work.

We shouldn't by any mean worship Leo, or this forum, or the ideas of this forum blindly without thinking, experience, reflecting.

It's easier to give someone an vague advice or masturbating about God realization, Love, Truth, spirituality rather than actually sitting and meditating.

It's easier to ask other people questions and get fixed answers rather than trying to figure it out by yourself.

It's easier to get involved in ego arguments about high spiritual concepts rather than looking deep into your shitty monkey mind, stupid thoughts and ugly biases.

Because the real, the hard, the uncomfortable (but the most satisfying for the long term) work is here within us.

Edited by Random witch

16 hours ago, Random witch said:

He is just a finger pointer to the moon, like other spiritual teachers.

I imagine them standing on a huge field, everyone is pointing to the moon in various fashions, they're standing in different positions so the moon looks slightly different to each of them, each of them is trying to pass the information he sees in a way he understands it with his own perception and filters. The pointer isn't the moon, no matter how accurately he describes you the moon.

Beautiful.

Agree about not putting Leo on a pedestal and criticising him and his work can be beneficial.

But some people in this topic seem a bit bitter. Just take the gold nuggets and leave the rest.

I appreciate his work and work ethic and his forum.

Edited by PurpleTree

@Random witch Because full awakening doesn't exist. Dead people are fully awakened but the Catch-22 is, when you are fully awakened you don't exist anymore, so death doesn't allow for an experience of fully awakening, just removes you. Which is equivalent to a person fully awakening.

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

@Random witch Because full awakening doesn't exist. Dead people are fully awakened but the Catch-22 is, when you are fully awakened you don't exist anymore

how do you know that?