Rilles

I Have Had Enough Of This

101 posts in this topic

I like Leo. He just doesn’t take you serious if you haven’t done 30 days of 5meo dmt lol.

To his defense, we can’t really criticize him for it unless we’ve done that kind of trip ourselves to validate his mind/mode of behavior.

Too late. It's not really his problem at this point. You guys rolled with him in the beginning but now you're backing out and leaving him alone. I don't know what happened.

I am not quite sure I fully get him, though. If there's one thing I learned about Leo is that his ability to understand is astounding, so even when I disagree with him (and that happens a lot), I always assume in the back of my mind that maybe he's onto something that I'm not aware of. And this has always proven to be a safe assumption, because Leo is obviously always growing.

That said, he seems to be mostly concerned with waking people up to God. So, if you are already awake, his pointers probably won't make much sense to you.

Yet, it seems his pointers are not just pointers but something that he deeply identifies with and believes strongly. But then again, maybe he's doing that on purpose. Maybe he wants us to perceive him that way. Maybe it's necessary for a leader/teacher to demonstrate confidence and certainty sometimes in order to establish a feeling of trust with the audience, or at least maybe that's what he thinks. Or maybe that's what I think he thinks. Or maybe that's what I want you to think he thinks. Or maybe that's what he wants me to make you think that he thinks lol.

TL:DR, I haven't had enough yet :)

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Thank you @Inliytened1 and @Adamq8  and for the feedback. In all honesty yes I get triggered so that’s certainly a mirror for attachments, attachments to meditation, non-duality, an attachment to a different view regarding psychedelics.

But It also comes from a place of compassion, seeing how lost people can get endlessly chasing paychedelics and never getting to the root of reality, of the self. If you frame awakening, the “deepest” awakening, as only being possible in a particular state, you’re lost. End of story. And to see this with crystal clarity while watching an influential teacher walk thousands off a cliff is stirs a sense of suffering on behalf of others inside. 

Overall I also recognize it’s all games, mind, projection, ego. And selfishly, it’s a great opportunity for further inquiry and introspection. There is no Leo, teachings, Actualized, self, or other. 

47 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

We should never discount the value of pioneers ;)

Agreed. Doesn’t change my view though. 

there are lots of members here not doing self-actualization work in a serious way and missing the good amount of benefit they can get from here. to a degree it's not anyone's fault, but a place like this where you can be directly in contact with the creator of the content you like, ought to make it difficult for the creator to always come out brimming with wisdom. 

Imagine being able to interact with your favorite author of a self help book or material, how long before you get all the wisdom out of them, confuse them, frustrate them, find faults in them, or god forbid see the human being behind their image/work ?

I think Leo is doing a good job, and there's much to be learned from actualized.org

I would say the format of this form is either: 1) too old 2) doesn't allow for authentic communications 3) could potentially be inviting to trolls and non-serious members.

I like how the stoa and rebel wisdom do their conversations with a zoom meeting. maybe we can borrow some of their idea's for the future. 

Telling people to blast their heads with substances is not a teaching and it will create a lot of needless suffering. You don't really need a teacher. You need inner peace and you will understand without understanding. Life is a very simple affair. You're the one insisting that it's complicated. So it will reflect back to you as much complication as you desire. And when you're ready to let that go, you will awaken without effort.

Sometimes I see Leo as Frodo.

He started innocent and with good intentions to become totally corrupted at the end and refusing to let go of the ring.

We need a Gollum, I hope that's gonna be his wife :D

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

You are all demonizing an aspect of your self

Edited by Mosess

The fundamental problem here is that most of his spiritual insights happened through psychedelics. He is too pro-psychedelics and dismissive of meditation at this point. Chasing endless states is not how I understand spirituality. Embodiement is lacking

This is like the ten ox herding images gone wrong 

Edited by Jakuchu

18 minutes ago, Mosess said:

You are all demonizing an aspect of your self

You can love yourself and totally accept yourself while still seeing there are areas you could improve on.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

The fundamental problem here is that most of his spiritual insights happened through psychedelics. He is too pro-psychedelics and dismissive of meditation at this point. Chasing endless states is not how I understand spirituality. Embodiement is lacking

This is like the ten ox herding images gone wrong 

You know those productivity gurus on Youtube. They managed to turn productivity into something pathalogical. And I think Leo has done that with 'understanding' 

the fundamental problem here is that you are projecting an image of a character called leo.

All of you are

"me" ----> "character called leo"

this is how you are dreaming

"?" -----> "?"

This is reality

There is no fucking problem

12 minutes ago, Shin said:

You can love yourself and totally accept yourself while still seeing there are areas you could improve on.

If you totally accept your self there would not be an area in which you could improve on

13 minutes ago, Mosess said:

the fundamental problem here is that you are projecting an image of a character called leo.

All of you are

"me" ----> "character called leo"

this is how you are dreaming

"?" -----> "?"

This is reality

There is no fucking problem

“Me” criticising a character called “Leo” is still supreme energy appearing in that form. You start of by stating there is a “fundamental problem here” and end with “There is no problem.” There is indeed no problem here, energy appearing as a critique of Leo is not fundamentally a problem. It arises freely and does not disturb anything.

Edited by traveler

5 minutes ago, traveler said:

“Me” criticising a character called “Leo” is still supreme energy appearing in that form. You start of by stating there is a “fundamental problem here” and end with “There is no problem.” There is indeed no problem here, energy appearing as a critique of Leo is not fundamentally a problem. It arises freely and does not disturb anything.

ok

You are god btw

Edited by Mosess

19 minutes ago, Mosess said:

If you totally accept your self there would not be an area in which you could improve on

That would actually be a lack of acceptance. You’d be denying the part of your self that feels inspired to change. 

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

That would actually be a lack of acceptance. You’d be denying the part of your self that feels inspired to change. 

That would be so much for you to handle.

Not handling anything. 

Leaving the handling handle itself

3 minutes ago, Consilience said:

I'd just accept my lack of acceptance. Problem solved. ;)

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

5 minutes ago, Mosess said:

That would be so much for you to handle.

Not handling anything. 

Leaving the handling handle itself

Mu ?

it has no name.

so no, not mu

Edited by Mosess