Ingit

Isolate vs concentrate whey protein

8 posts in this topic

My trainer says that strictly don't. Consume Isolate protein as it will shed my weight( I am trying to gain weight)....... Is it so guys? I have isolate powder at home.... If i consume along with other carbs and fats ....It will behave equal to concentrated protein...what u say??? I find it illogical to think that isolate will shed my weight....should I continue consuming isolate...???? Thank You

?IngitScooby ?

Isolate is basically the best kind of powder protein you can get lol change your pt for a more concentrated one

Is it Okay for person trying to gain weigh to take protein isolate?????  ANSWER ME please..... With some recommendations...thanks

?IngitScooby ?

I am taking this ....BY NUTROVA an Indian brand.... i trust their products.... I don't know what more concentrated means @JohnnyAb

WIN_20211210_20_41_33_Pro.jpg

WIN_20211210_20_41_43_Pro.jpg

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit like you already know you gain muscle mass by eating a balanced diet with a caloric surplus, exercising regularly with resistance and resting properly.

If you don't meet your protein intake goals you can supplement yourself with this protein isolate, there's nothing wrong with it.

It's 80g protein per 100g of powder - you could get something more 'concentrated', but unless you're preparing for a pro tournament, you'll be fine with this one.

For weight gain? Yes definitely

For long term health and cancer prevention? - I remain highly sceptical that consuming hyper-concentrated animal protein is a good idea especially in bodybuilding where there is already too much anabolic manipulation going on. Even soy despite being beneficial becomes harmful once isolated. Excesive IGF-1 and mTOR stimulation both which has been possibly associated with cancer development. 

Now does whey cause cancer? The answer is probably not...but what if? What if it can tip a person susceptible to it just over the edge? What if 9/10 people get away with it and one doesn't? Would it be worth that risk? Like drinking full-fat milk rather than low-fat tipping you towards prostate cancer. 

I haven't found serious studies to back me up in this but intuition is telling me it is not a good idea to chug isolated dairy protein. But then we don't have long-term studies on whey. We need 40 years of human data gathered year by year so maybe it just hasn't been caught yet. I know you didn't aks but thought I'd chip in anyway. 

Ignore if irrelevant 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus