Kyle Gjerseth

I'd love to hear your guy's thoughts about prayer...

35 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, sir meowski said:

The Buddha did not become enlightened until he completely let go of the desire to become enlightened. He almost starved to death in the process.

You really have no idea what enlightenment is. You teach a cartoon version of spirituality and you delude yourself and your would-be followers in the process. You don't underatand a thing. You have strayed from the path. I won't bother you anymore, you are too stubborn to listen to anyone but yourself. Your awakenings are meaningless ego noise.

Um, I think you may need to read up a bit more on the Buddha...

The fable is that he literally sat under the bodhi tree until and wouldn't move until he became enlightened.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

20 hours ago, Kyle Gjerseth said:

I'm confused because a lot of thought systems I agree with advocate it, but none seem to imply directly or indirectly that there is no "other" or that God is me and the entire universe is me as consciousness. I think my problem is that I believe these things that Leo says and I'm not really sure how to contemplate these matters. When I think about this stuff I tend to just say "oh yeah what Leo is saying makes sense" instead of really inspecting these supposed truths. I don't really have much credibility here though because I have yet to watch his contemplation videos. I think I'll do that now

On 12/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, Leo Gura said:

Prayer doesn't have to be an ideology.

You can make a powerful prayer like:

"God, fill me with your love so that I may know your love directly and share it with others."

"I surrender myself to become a vehicle of your Love."

You can visualize this and feel with deep emotion, over and over again, until it starts to become your reality.

Since you are God, you are basically setting an intention for yourself and re-creating your dream in alignment with the highest good you can envision.

The only things you should ask of God are for selflessness, consciousness, truth, love, and courage.

That’s as beautiful as an answer could be. ♥️

Totally agree with Leo on that you indeed create your own enlightenment, and intention to know the Truth is everything.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

All spiritual life is a contradiction, you must understand that. Many self-realized beings who realize they are God still pray. At one point you must start to realize that in order to exist, to be in this world you must take decisions all decisions are paradoxical, all things contain their opposite, but it's unavoidable it's what is. Not choosing is also a decision, there is no scape.

Going for non-duality is not what you think not the approuch at least most people are taking. It's more about being here-now and present, fully engaged with reality and life. Also I'm not sure you are in a position to say you are God. If you go in life thinking that you are God you are going to suffer intensely, because it is not a conscious reality for you. Someone who is in that state and space has brought you that flower but in your realm it's death, it's lost, as a song chanted at the top of a mountain and you are far down. Please tell me, how much of your every day breaths are conscious? How much of you everyday blinks are conscious? That is like a drop in the ocean of how conscious you need to be to say I am God. So I would recommend you to be much more real, to work on your survival, body, emotions, mind and spirit. Understand yourself first. You cannot bypass this work you are also a human being, with your name, family and friends and you are totally lost and soaked in this dream so just be real and work at your level and progress.

I don't even think that being God is the ultimate, God is not even one. I mean for sure I am full-fleged God also you but I think there is more. Obviously, God that which is the case, but my conception of God is radical that you need to be even open to more than just God, to realize it. Still I think it's somehow of ego to say you are God and even if you realize you are truly God, is that honouring all your life. Because I just see represion everywhere, repression of your human condition or the every-moment-to-moment-existance. Like realizing God would make you not be human or have attachement or be biased or to even hate or suffer. Trying to realize God is not understanding God, it's delusion, one realising oneself is two, where there is not even one. I would honestly recommend much more to just be inmersed in the gift of life itself, why do you even deny or dislike your life as it is? Probably that is the main issue, that everyone is so damn sure that there is something wrong, something to attain, to achieve, to become. Could it be that simple that this is all there is?

40 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That’s as beautiful as an answer could be. ♥️

Totally agree with Leo on that you indeed create your own enlightenment, and intention to know the Truth is everything.

I agree with both of you. Join guys. 

God please provide me with strength to carry what is in my ability, (visualisation), God provide me with stillness over that which I can’t alter,(visualisation) and provide me with the wisdom to differentiate. 

Im happy to add prayers to my routine.

Life itself is a prayer. Prayer is about connecting yourself with god. Your perspective of that connection can change given the context in which you pray, but ultimately that connection with god is persistent without your intention.

-Prayer can be ideologically based, but those are not the prayers you want.

.-Low consciousness prayers will have you submitting to institutions and people. Be wary of anybody teaching you the "right" or "true" way to pray.

-High consciousness prayers will encourage that direct connection with divinity that is always with you without equivocation. You are an expression of god and god's love is eternal.

There is absolutely nothing “unawake” about praying to the Absolute. Prayer is an effective spiritual practice, but hardly no one prays enough to learn just how useful it can become. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

last year i fasted for five days while praying ''God I choose your Presence and I chose your Love' I then took lsd and had ego loss, very powerful awakening. I had never ever had ego loss on merely two tabs before but because i added fasting and this prayer with deep emotion and willingness to surrender, this what happend. this awakening was HUGE in my development.

i like to see prayer as strong intension with deep emotion.

softly into the Abyss...

On 10.12.2021 at 0:33 AM, Kyle Gjerseth said:

I like the insight and wisdom in AA and Buddhism and they both seem to advocate prayer. The fact that Buddhism advocates it is probably the most positive argument for me because I, unfortunately, have come to be closed minded to other religions (even though my understanding is Buddhism isn't a religion) because they don't seem as practical in my opinion. I'm not convinced that prayer is generally a good thing because I feel as though praying is just, in a sense, ideology because it assumes that there's some external entity separate from "me" and that would violate non-duality. I'm on board with the teachings that say I am God and God is everything, consciousness, every person etc. but I feel a bit stuck with my contemplation about this topic. I suppose I'm asking for your guy's thoughts on weather or not prayer is ideology, or if it is perhaps a necessary aspect of spiritual practices, or if it's different for everybody and there's not a concrete answer.

Why do you have to assume non duality to be true? Why cant you go about your spiritual practice with open mind and see where it takes you, even if it is different from Leo's ideas? To give you, God, duality and non duality freedom to unfold naturally in direction that it does and feels true to you rather than forcing it to be non dual and disregarding stuff if they threaten non dual context. 

At the beginning of meditation I pray to set intention. "God, Here I am, investigate my mind, heart and soul with your mercifull eyes and make me visible. Let your sacred will be done in every cell of my being and let me be acting out of your will only. Free me from any desire that goes against your will, for that is my deepest desire as well. Make me a vehicle of your peace and love into this world."

Then I meditate. Sometimes I keep praying if something wants to be expressed. This strenghtens love relationship I have with God and sometimes, like lovers do, we lose ourself into eachothers gaze.

Edited by Whatever

Prayer ideally should be based in expressing gratitude for life / existence.

But most humans use prayer in manner that resembles wishful thinking .. with an idea that it will bend reality to suit their survival needs.

The harsh truth is that God doesn’t prioritize our survival. It is foolish to think otherwise.

@Moksha  I agree, it is self communication. 
I started looking at it this way after my first trip. 

While tripping, I could not stop pacing and thinking - but the thinking changed.

There was a me and there was another me, almost like the whole devil-angel on the shoulders thing but it was just me. I could feel these ‘two’ come together as one through this sorta of beautiful merging via this meditation prayer thought thing I had going.

It was awesome. Now when I pray, it’s like the sort of begging I did as a child in church. It’s a real surrender to myself and that moment when I take the time to well, self communicate.

I see prayer as a form of magic.

You can speak and will things into existence with mere words and intentions.

The Bible says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Prayer is like hacking into the matrix of the universe and God. You're injecting code into the program of the universe with your intention.

Most of the time, if you add a random line of code to a program with no knowledge of how it works, it'll do nothing. Sometimes it'll cause an error or unintended result. And sometimes it will do what you wanted it to do. I think you can learn how to program the universe via prayer. Or via sigil magick, or a number of other ways.

I don't care how it works, I don't care if God or angels are making an intercession on my behalf or if I'm bending the laws of the universe. All I know is that it works. I use things that work and discard those that don't.

I only use prayer or magic when I'm pretty desperate or feel like there's no other way, and I feel like it works more than 50% of the time.

Edited by Yarco

2 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Prayer ideally should be based in expressing gratitude for life / existence.

But most humans use prayer in manner that resembles wishful thinking .. with an idea that it will bend reality to suit their survival needs.

The harsh truth is that God doesn’t prioritize our survival. It is foolish to think otherwise.

I agree. In American movies were the character are religious they often pray before dinner in a sense of gratitude. I always like the idea of being grateful before dinner.