SQAAD

Will God Punish you if you commit Suicide?

36 posts in this topic

Will God Punish you if you end up killing yourself? By 'Punish' I mean maybe you'll just be reborn into similar shi**y situations just so you will overcome em in this reincarnation. It seems to me that this life will affect the quality of my next life.. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Judy2 

4 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@SQAAD 

What comes after won't be a punishment, it will be a new chance to be more selfless and loving.

I hope I get this chance to be more loving and selfless as a white rich kid in the suburbs and not as a starving kid in Africa.. But that's just my bias... 

Edited by SQAAD

Not sure (nobody is), but Buddhist teachers and those of other religions have said that it does incur karmic consequences. The reason is not so much punishment, but a reaction to the strong aversion present in the mind at the time of self-harm. In that sense, "you" are creating the seeds of the rebirth, not God. 

@OneHandClap

6 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Not sure (nobody is), but Buddhist teachers and those of other religions have said that it does incur karmic consequences. The reason is not so much punishment, but a reaction to the strong aversion present in the mind at the time of self-harm. In that sense, "you" are creating the seeds of the rebirth, not God. 

Nobody escapes karma. Not even The Buddha. 

@SQAAD

32 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Will God Punish you if you end up killing yourself? By 'Punish' I mean maybe you'll just be reborn into similar shi**y situations just so you will overcome em in this reincarnation. It seems to me that this life will affect the quality of my next life.. 

What makes you think that?

@Tim R

Just now, Tim R said:

@SQAAD What makes you think that?

Basically Karma. I think every action has a consequence. There is no free ride. I think that some characteristics of the soul can survive death into the next reincarnation. 

Well there is the famous “life review” in the typical near death experience that people report where they have a review of their life and they experience every thing they have ever done to someone else from the point of view of the other person.  So maybe they would experience the pain and anguish of their family members and friends finding out that they killed themself.  So it’s more like you’re punishing yourself, because upon death you see that everyone else is you, and that the pain you cause other people by killing yourself is as good as causing pain to yourself.

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

I think that some characteristics of the soul can survive death into the next reincarnation. 

@SQAAD How do you know there is a soul? And what then do you mean by death?

@Tim R

Just now, Tim R said:

@SQAAD How do you know there is a soul? And what then do you mean by death?

Soul I mean the individual Consciousness which is just the Self. Death I mean the end of this dream. It makes sense that  each dream can affect the course of your next dream. Maybe the lessons or deep impressions of this life are fundamental to your next step of evolution into the next life. 

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

Soul I mean the individual Consciousness

@SQAAD You lost me there. What's that?

9 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@SQAAD You lost me there. What's that?

Consciousness. Which is the same Consciousness for all. But I call it individual Consciousness because it has different qualities for all living beings. Ramana Maharshis individual Consciousness was different that Hitlers. 

This thought may affect the quality or feeling of the next thought. Thoughts have momentum.  If I continually think thoughts that feel bad because I believe I am bad or life is bad, it is likely my next thought will be on the same subject and also won't feel how I want it to feel. You reincarnate every time you think yourself. It’s much more immediate than in terms of lifetimes. 

This is not punishment, feeling is guidance that those thoughts about myself aren't true. When I listen to feeling in real time over believing the content of the thought, I naturally and effortlessly feel better.

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw @SQAAD @Breakingthewall @Tim R @The Lucid Dreamer @JosephKnecht @OneHandClap @Rilles @Judy2

But constantly being reborn until you become pure Godlike seems like it's not from the highest good/love.

If you tell me that If I don't do good things or if I don't do this or that then I'll be reborn as a lesser being or go to a hellish realm that literally just installs fear as a motivator to be better. 

Then you would only be a good person or do good thing "so you don't go to hell" / out of fear? --- That's fucked, imo. 

I hope that things are so that you get a choice each lifetime if you wanna continue, something doesn't quite ring true in my heart about this whole worse reincarnation thing / hell realms if you do bad things. 

My inkling (still not verified yet) is that we simply unite into one infinity as love forever eternally, then we get bored of infinity and be a being again. 

Play a new character, change the character's clothes, appearance, give it wings whatever the fuck. But Idk still, unless we have a direct experience of a final human physical death WE CAN'T KNOW. All of us here are still writing on a forum so non of us know, maybe it'll be a nice surprise when it's our time.

Yes, some people have had NDE's and have died (I don't discount that) however non of us that are still breathing have had the "FINAL" physical death.

Yes Ego death is basically the same thing,,,, BUTTT not quite, not physically and permanently - you have to actually die and stay dead to truly know LOL.

Let's find out when we find out and live by love in the meantime. 

@mandyjw

26 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You reincarnate every time you think yourself. It’s much more immediate than in terms of lifetimes. 

This is not punishment, feeling is guidance that those thoughts about myself aren't true. When I listen to feeling in real time over believing the content of the thought, I naturally and effortlessly feel better.

This is a great quote. 

@SelfHelpGuy

15 minutes ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

@mandyjw @SQAAD @Breakingthewall @Tim R @The Lucid Dreamer @JosephKnecht @OneHandClap @Rilles @Judy2

If you tell me that If I don't do good things or if I don't do this or that then I'll be reborn as a lesser being or go to a hellish realm that literally just installs fear as a motivator to be better. 

Then you would only be a good person or do good thing "so you don't go to hell" / out of fear? --- That's fucked, imo. Idk still, unless we have a direct experience of a final human physical death WE CAN'T KNOW. All of us here are still writing on a forum so non of us know, maybe it'll be a nice surprise when it's our time.

Yes, some people have had NDE's and have died (I don't discount that) however non of us that are still breathing have had the "FINAL" physical death.

Yes Ego death is basically the same thing,,,, BUTTT not quite, not physically and permanently - you have to actually die and stay dead to truly know LOL.

I think fear can be a really good motivator but it has been associated with negative things.   I agree with the idea of positive motivators such as Love. But many times the best motivator, the only motivator that works in certain situations is extreme fear. Tell a cigarette addict that he has a serious health condition and watch him transform instantly. As for the death part, I agree with you on some level. When I awaken though I realise that this righ here is death. We are already dead. 

God does not punish. God only loves. Your physical death will be the most beautiful moment in your life. You will suddenly see through all the delusions and veils you've put upon yourself. You'll recognize yourself as the one infinite divine loving being that created an is identical to all of existence. You will hold in your hands infinite power and infinite love, and with this infinite power you'll be able to create whatever you want. You could use it for anything, and you will use it for anything. You might end up becoming a king, you might end up creating a hell for yourself. Whatever you wish to do with it!

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/