Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SS10

Synthetic Consiousness

25 posts in this topic

Do you think it is possible to create artificial/synthetic consciousness? If you think it isn't possible, why not?

When I say 'Synthetic Consciousness' I mean artificially create it in a lab. Can science ever advance this far?

And if it cant, what us so special about consciousness? Leo says everything is consciousness including a rock, but science can create a rock if it wanted to, but why is it so difficult to create a conscious being?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will not create consciousness, but a collection of form (bodily elements/processors) that are capable of recognizing awareness as itself. This is truly the hallmark of "AI" - recognition of existing. When Leo says rock are conscious, he is saying that awareness/intelligence is present in every structure of the universe. But getting that intelligence to recognize itself as itself is the real challenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First tell me in your direct experience what it is, what it looks like. Then I will tell you if its possible to create it. 


Dont look at me! Look inside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SS10 said:

Do you think it is possible to create artificial/synthetic consciousness?

Smack yourself .. there isn’t a “real” or “artificial/synthetic” consciousness. There is simply .. consciousness.

Consciousness is singular .. it’s all that can ever exist. This is non-duality at its core.

Edited by Terell Kirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Smack yourself

Zen at its core. :D


Dont look at me! Look inside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Smack yourself .. there isn’t a “real” or “artificial/synthetic” consciousness. There is simply .. consciousness.

Consciousness is singular .. it’s all that can ever exist. This is non-duality at its core.

Lemme rephrase, do you think it is possible for science/humans to create a self aware entity? Other than our own offspring of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How a you going to create nothingness? 

Matter can't produce nothingness. Nothingness is the source of all matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SS10 said:

Lemme rephrase, do you think it is possible for science/humans to create a self aware entity? Other than our own offspring of course.

Since science and humans are imaginary, they are not responsible for the creation of anything. The self aware entity is here and now .. it’s even in your direct experience.

Pause for a brief moment, and recognize the fact that you are aware. Aware of your thoughts, body, environment, senses, etc. This awareness is creation itself. It’s also what you are.

If humans did create a self aware entity, it would only be through your imagination. As is everything else in the universe.

Edited by Terell Kirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SS10 said:

Do you think it is possible to create artificial/synthetic consciousness?

we have AI now.  AI will be all you can ever create.   You have to first realize that Consciousness is fundamental, and Infinite.  When you grasp this you will be able to answer your question as to whether or not an actual conscious being could be created.   RIght now you are coming from the materialist paradigm, thinking things have consciousness.   Science will never be able to grapple with consciousness, because science is held within consciousness.

 


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

we have AI now.  AI will be all you can ever create.   You have to first realize that Consciousness is fundamental, and Infinite.  When you grasp this you will be able to answer your question as to whether or not an actual conscious being could be created.   RIght now you are coming from the materialist paradigm, thinking things have consciousness.   Science will never be able to grapple with consciousness, because science is held within consciousness.

 

What if science changed its 'materialist paradigm', I am asking if science could ever develop to a stage where these things are possibl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I change my mind. Maybe it is possible. But it wouldn't be a normal science. It would be some insane occult spiritual science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I change my mind. Maybe it is possible. But it wouldn't be a normal science. It would be some insane occult spiritual science.

Why? The human brain is just a sophisticated collection of neurons. There is no reason we can't assemble artificial neurons in a similar manner to produce what we call "self-aware intelligence." The nature of that intelligence would be the same as in a biological being... it would just be expressed differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I change my mind. Maybe it is possible. But it wouldn't be a normal science. It would be some insane occult spiritual science.

hahahhahaha 'occult spiritual science'

Edited by SS10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SS10 @OneHandClap no guys Im serious. There are stories where some occult masters would produce human beings in artificial way or would rise a corpse into life again and that corpse would be concious again. So it really makes you think.

20 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Why? The human brain is just a sophisticated collection of neurons. There is no reason we can't assemble artificial neurons in a similar manner to produce what we call "self-aware intelligence." The nature of that intelligence would be the same as in a biological being... it would just be expressed differently. 

Because consciouness is energy. It's primordial energy. Non phenomenal energy. You don't need neurons to become more conscious. You need to cranck up your energies to become more concious. That's how kriya yoga works. You cranck up your kundalini energy and your consciouness expands into infinity. It's because consciouness and energy is the same. Entire universe is energy. Body is a very gross energy, consciouness is a nonphysical energy but still energy.

I don't see what neurons have to do with consciouness at all. 

P.S. I don't understand anything at all. 😀 

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Salvijus said:

@SS10 @OneHandClap no guys Im serious. There are stories where some occult masters would produce human beings in artificial way or would rise a corpse into life again and would infuse it with a concious being inside him. 

Because consciouness is energy. It's primordial energy. Non phenomenal energy. You don't need neurons to become more conscious. You need to cranck up your energies to become more concious. That's how kriya yoga works. You cranck up your kundalini energy and your consciouness expands into infinity. It's because consciouness and energy is the same. Entire universe is energy. Body is a very gross energy, consciouness is a nonphysical energy but still energy.

I don't see what neurons have to do with consciouness at all. 

P.S. I don't understand anything at all. 😀 

Because the only reason we're having this conversation is due to the material elements comprising our mouths, fingers, computers, radio signals... yes, awareness is primary, but in order to explore itself, it needs a medium. The brain is what allows us to form language and express ourselves in this medium. Therefore, artificial neurons could achieve the same purpose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Because the only reason we're having this conversation is due to the material elements comprising our mouths, fingers, computers, radio signals... yes, awareness is primary, but in order to explore itself, it needs a medium. The brain is what allows us to form language and express ourselves in this medium. Therefore, artificial neurons could achieve the same purpose. 

Idk... maybe you're right. It's beyond my comprehenshion this topic 😀 

My question would be. How does awareness become more aware of itself? Mindfuck.... I have a vague theory about it but I couldn't even articulate it properly.

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its kind of like asking "can we create a reality from scratch?" No not really because reality itself would be encompassing that reality... Its a mindfuck. :D


Dont look at me! Look inside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Idk... maybe you're right. It's beyond my comprehenshion this topic 😀 

My question would be. How does awareness become more aware of itself? Mindfuck.... I have a vague theory about it but I couldn't even articulate it properly.

How did you become aware of yourself? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Idk... maybe you're right. It's beyond my comprehenshion this topic 😀 

My question would be. How does awareness become more aware of itself? Mindfuck.... I have a vague theory about it but I couldn't even articulate it properly.

Hahaha :D Easiest answer is... that's what awareness does! It's aware... and it can turn the light around to realize that it is aware... of being aware... and that can extend to infinite consciousness. Tuning out sense objects/material sensations to get to the heart of that "knowing." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SS10 said:

How did you become aware of yourself? 

No idea. But when I did. My body was blowing with energy in my head. So energy has something to do with it I'm sure

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0