Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WonderSeeker

Blend of black perspective with spirituality/psychs

1 post in this topic

Not everyone will be into this, but it was pretty cool to find music that really brings in spirituality and psychedelics hardcore. The album as a whole reminds me of the hero's journey: start in ignorance, get thrown off balance, search for answers, get knocked down, realize it was you all along, become the grounded motherfucker you already are. Dark beauty at its finest.

Three songs in particular are stunning to me. The first is track 3: Metacine. This one is an effort to reconcile decades of black torment with our current spiritual crisis and looking to shamanism/psychedelics for answers. Track 7: 4D, to me is basically a first-person perspective railing against one's own ego. Track 14: Aquamane is the grounded track. After going through the trials and tribulations of some spiritual purification, you come out the other end with scars, but also a stable groundedness. 

Just remember gems -- musical ones or otherwise -- are formed and found where the sun don't shine. ;) 

Artist interview: https://www.passionweiss.com/2020/05/27/hindsight-20-20-is-very-psychic-an-interview-with-zeroh/