WonderSeeker

The paradox of this forum

15 posts in this topic

You come here to grow.

Yet, the less time you spend here, the more you'll grow.

Visiting this place is nice because it's inspiring to see fellow actualizers going after it and sharing. But in the end, all of this adds another distraction to your mind and slows you down (even if just a little bit). Better to check out the forum here and there, without making it a crutch. ^_^

Thoughts?

Edited by WonderSeeker

Don't put the blame of the drug addict on the drug. 

Not saying that this forum is like a drug. But the responsibility of how a resource like a forum is used is up to the individual. It can be helpful to inform people more about the possible dangers of social media usage. Which I think is still a new development and there's little scienitific research on the issue. But it will come eventually.

But for now. It's good to stay mindful while using social media. And be aware if you are using it, or abusing it.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Depends what you mean by growth.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

The less time you spend here, the more you'll grow.

Visiting this place is nice because it's inspiring to see fellow actualizers going after it. But in the end, all of this scrambles your mind and slows you down. Better to check out the forum here and there, without making it a crutch. ^_^

Thoughts?

I agree.

6 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

Consuming content from Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok or whatever  <  Spending time on the forum  <  Not distracting oneself at all

Cykaaaa's "Hierarchy of distraction"

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Depends what you mean by growth.

What is growth to you?

6 hours ago, vizual said:

Don't put the blame of the drug addict on the drug. 

Not saying that this forum is like a drug. But the responsibility of how a resource like a forum is used is up to the individual. It can be helpful to inform people more about the possible dangers of social media usage. Which I think is still a new development and there's little scienitific research on the issue. But it will come eventually.

But for now. It's good to stay mindful while using social media. And be aware if you are using it, or abusing it.

I agree, the forum can be used in more conscious or less conscious ways. But still you're talking about the forum paradigm. You don't necessarily need the forum because you can grow faster doing other things. :) 

@PurpleTree @ted73104 Bingo. A better way to frame it is like this: Working with teachers/mentors who are more conscious than you grows you faster than the forum alone. Working with coaches who are conscious makes your desire to come to the forum on a regular basis dissolve; you don't really need it if what you're after is growth.

8 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

Thoughts?

I left for 3 months. I just came back today. well, right now actually. 

Needed a break after some 3,500 posts! Wasn't sure I'd come back, but here I am. ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@vizual I disagree. The individual has much less control than believed.

Unconscious cycles towards certain unfulfilled needs will, for some people, result in using the means of addiction to achieve desired ends.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

@WonderSeeker Context dependent.

All types of people use the server.

Some will use it as a means of fulfilling unmet needs. Some will not. Some will to varying degrees.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

U need to balance visiting the forum and taking action.visiting forum=research.only taking action will change u.balance knowledge and taking action.those who do not balance it complain and moan and leave this forum at some point.but if u balance it then it is a good experience

6 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

What is growth to you?

Growth depends on your goals. For me, formulating my thoughts through writing is a good source of growth. If your goal is enlightenment, go meditate. That used to be my goal, but now I have other priorities (let's say it's postponed.)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

You come here to grow.

Yet, the less time you spend here, the more you'll grow.

Breathing in is good and breathing out is good. 

All stories and explanations are false.

9 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@WonderSeeker I thought you were going to say that the paradox of this forum is that you chat with other people about how there's only you.

xD

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."