WokeBloke

Why do people say life is a dream?

91 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Paranoia, projection, and solipsism can and should be addressed directly.  Call rumination, rumination, and don’t continue trying to make it about spirituality, or “spiritual concepts”. (Imo)

Don’t be stubborn oriented to trying to be right - orient to actually feeling better and creating what you want in your life. 

Meditation. Expression. Dreamboard

Spiritual bypassing & then accusing or blaming others is not conducive to your own well being. 

I could say the Exactly the

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

This interpretation is yours. 

same.

Just now, Nahm said:

@Mosess

Right! There’s no need to interpret what I said. What I said is what I said. 

I thought you don't make your thoughts?

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

You thought that?

Things apparently happening. Luckily the things that happen are radical dood, better than a lil ego could choose. Are you not entertained?

Just now, Nahm said:

@WokeBloke

Seeing through the duality of language is kinda on you my man. 

what do you mean by duality of language?

3 minutes ago, Mosess said:

You thought that?

Nahm makes every thought

When you thought:

9 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Language must have 2 opposite ends or polarities for it to make sense.

"hot" cannot exist without its opposite "cold"

For your example:

"I" cannot exist without "other"

"thought" cannot exist without " "

"other" cannot exist without "i"

"don't" cannot exist without "do"

"make" cannot exist without, you get the point..

Just now, Mosess said:

When you thought:

Language must have 2 opposite ends or polarities for it to make sense.

"hot" cannot exist without its opposite "cold"

For your example:

"I" cannot exist without "other"

"thought" cannot exist without " "

"other" cannot exist without "i"

"don't" cannot exist without "do"

"make" cannot exist without, you get the point..

This isn't necessarily true.

Some words have no opposite. Ex. computer, mouse, water, etc. Many words have no opposite.

I'm most interested in the word I.

It would be possible to make a language that doesn't use an opposite of the word I (other). However, just because we have the word other doesn't negate the I. Take away the other and there can still be I. This is because I does not need the word other. Other is the ideas of there being another being that is not I. In other to even consider other there must first be an I that considers the other. In reality there may be no other but there can still be I (or the one that considers the other)

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Mosess

Right! There’s no need to interpret what I said. What I said is what I said. 

Because there is no teacher-student .Love ya bro.

One of the main features of the dreamer/sleeper is the conviction that what you have in front of you is "the reality", not "a reality"

The ego mind likes things to be predictable and in control, something that we can find very easily and abundantly in "this reality", or the physical world. You go home, the door is at the same place, you eat food and than you poop, you fall off the balcony, you suffer physical damage, your friends can be found at the same place, there is a sense of temporal continuity, things are quite stable.

Now its easy for the ego mind to brand it as "the reality" given its attributes and needs and on-top get addicted to it. The creation of "the reality", by default creates the pole of "the fake/not real", which is comprised of things that are not stable, lack the sense of temporal continuity, can not be controlled. Something that is often attributed to the imaginary. Going by this logic, the imaginary is fake/not real.

In actuality the distinction of the real vs the imagined is not there. Its something that we make with our ego. Dissolve that and there wont be a difference.

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

So there is no experience of seeing these words on your end?

Why won't you just be straight with me and stop tricking me. If you are truly having an experience then why are you lying and saying you aren't aware?

If you're a fake person then I guess everybody else is fake to and I'm the only real one meaning it truly is a dream.

When I was awake there was no one else, just me as a singularity playing with myself through different forms, and the only true feeling so to speak that I could feel was infinite intelligence/love towards everything experienced, even though technically nothing was experienced by anyone (it's kind of a paradox that can't be explained).
Every other feelings, sensations and visuals, everything was "experienced"' inside that infinite intelligence/love and was it at the same time.

Also there was "others", and those others felt as much alive as the sky, a wall, or other objects, and everything felt like a reflection of myself interacting with an ego I constructed to experience those "others".
Those "others" felt like infinitely alive and as much sentient as the ego I created to experience them and the rest of the "dream", except of course I was experiencing them and the ego inside my real self (which is God/Infinity etc.), they all felt much more real than right now.

So you could say there are no others, but there is no you as you think you are right now either.
This "other or no other" debate is fruitless, cause it already assume there is a personal self, there isn't, there is God which is an all encompassing self, which is very very different and can't be understood through words and concepts, only directly.

The way you experience life as God is so profound and deep that honestly all those words I said feel infinitely small to the grandiose of what God/You/I am.

It's the most amazing shit ever, nothing come even close, and it's so obvious why when you awaken.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

When I was awake there was no one else, just me as a singularity playing with myself through different forms, and the only true feeling so to speak that I could feel was infinite intelligence/love towards everything experienced, even though technically nothing was experienced by anyone (it's kind of a paradox that can't be explained).
Every other feelings, sensations and visuals, everything was "experienced"' inside that infinite intelligence/love and was it at the same time.

Also there was "others", and those others felt as much alive as the sky, a wall, or other objects, and everything felt like a reflection of myself interacting with an ego I constructed to experience those "others".
Those "others" felt like infinitely alive and as much sentient as the ego I created to experience them and the rest of the "dream", except of course I was experiencing them and the ego inside my real self (which is God/Infinity etc.), they all felt much more real than right now.

So you could say there are no others, but there is no you as you think you are right now either.
This "other or no other" debate is fruitless, cause it already assume there is a personal self, there isn't, there is God which is an all encompassing self, which is very very different and can't be understood through words and concepts, only directly.

The way you experience life as God is so profound and deep that honestly all those words I said feel infinitely small to the grandiose of what God/You/I am.

It's the most amazing shit ever, nothing come even close, and it's so obvious why when you awaken.

So if you are experiencing then why did you say you aren't aware?

11 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Some words have no opposite. Ex. computer, mouse, water, etc. Many words have no opposite.

How do you know what a computer is?

Imagine a world where you never saw that thing called computer.

14 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

This isn't necessarily true.

I'm most interested in the word I.

It would be possible to make a language that doesn't use an opposite of the word I (other). However, just because we have the word other doesn't negate the I. Take away the other and there can still be I. This is because I does not need the word other. Other is the ideas of there being another being that is not I. In other to even consider other there must first be an I that considers the other. In reality there may be no other but there can still be I (or the one that considers the other)

The confusion is one of language

"other" doesn't only mean other external beings.

It means "other" than "you".

Anything other than you is an other

"I" am an other to you, not only that, but everything in your direct experience is also an other to you. all objects, shapes, sounds.

That includes all non living objects in your direct experience

7 minutes ago, Mosess said:

How do you know what a computer is?

Imagine a world where you never saw that thing called computer.

The confusion is one of language

"other" doesn't only mean other external beings.

It means "other" than "you".

Anything other than you is an other

"I" am an other to you, not only that, but everything in your direct experience is also an other to you. all objects, shapes, sounds.

That includes all non living objects in your direct experience

The word refers to something in my experience. If there was no computer object then the word wouldn't exist.

Not necessarily. You may not be other than me. Your I and my I may be the same I.

And yes I would consider my computer to not be me since its not aware. 

If you are me then there is no other so I would say there is only I and the computer and other objects are parts of my creation.

16 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I've never understood this type of comment and quite frankly it makes me mad xD

It seems odd to equate the waking state to the dream state.

I would love to hear people's rationale and take on this!

When you awaken, you realize that everything you thought was real was a projection of your own mind. You essentially find the devil in the details. You notice the subtler intricacies of life. You realize how much other people just pretend and manipulate for the sake of their own illusions. That's what the dissolution of self entails. There was never a real you because you're just a single domino in an unlimited series. 

Think George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life, or likewise consider the butterfly effect. You were always a necessary piece of this puzzle. The world could not have possibly existed without you, or else it wouldn't have been perfect.