Tyler Durden

Why do the Eastern religions seem to be closer to the Truth than the Abrahamic?

42 posts in this topic

I've noticed that spirituality has more concepts from Eastern religions than Abrahamic. Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism seem to be more in line with awakening and enlightenment than Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Why is that the case? If religions are the way in which a person can connect with God, wouldn't be logical that they are similarly close to the Truth?

Edited by Tyler Durden

It’s much more local than that. This is the only place where spirituality isn’t the inspecting & relinquishing of concepts, but rather the adhering to concepts, essentially to fit in and not be belittled or prohibited from participating. Back in the day, spirituality was about seeing through the concepts acquired from religions. ‘Your’ connection with God is ever-present & ever-felt, but unfortunately, apparently, in your experience thus far ‘spirituality has concepts’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

This is the only place

what place?

It became a lot more corrupt in the West due to more seeking of power and hierarchy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Becuz... Easterners are authentic. 

And western is sold out capitalist bullshit. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Nahm why do people in the west prefer Buddhism teaching and the classical meditation

@Nahm how so why do a lot of Americans go to India for spiritual purposes and if you searched Meditation on youtube you will only see the meditation posture that is on your profile's logo.

@omar30

I honestly don’t know anyone who has went to or even mentioned going to India for spiritual purposes. That sounds more like something in a movie about Americans.  

Is that meditation posture Indian?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Is that meditation posture Indian?

The oldest documented images of meditation are from India and date back to 5000 to 3500 BCE. Wall art paintings depict people sitting in meditative-like seated postures with their eyes half-closed, presumed to be deep in meditation.

The oldest documented text of meditation is also from India, from the Hindu traditions of Vendatism, from around 1500 BCE

I personally think the indigeneous people were the closest to the truth, but they were brutally repressed and in many cases exterminated by the Christian cultists.   Pachamama is worthy of worship.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Nahm

why you are so surprised if go to a normal western guy and tell them to meditate they will do this kind of sitting.

also, the organized retreat is the same. they all sit on their ass there are few exceptions of course.

And yet those eastern countries are the most misogynist and homophobic, despite being "closer" to truth.

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've noticed that spirituality has more concepts from Eastern religions than Abrahamic. Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism seem to be more in line with awakening and enlightenment than Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Why is that the case? If religions are the way in which a person can connect with God, wouldn't be logical that they are similarly close to the Truth?

Abraham was a guy from modern day Pakistan so technically the abrahamic religions originated in the east as well 

As I see it, the eastern talk about spirituality and enlightenment more directly. Islam and Christianity and Judaism have many valuable lessons but I don't know why they kindda hide enlightenment in the technicalities!

5 minutes ago, Elham said:

why they kindda hide enlightenment in the technicalities!

Because that's what you need to appeal to normies and grab hold of their minds.

If Buddhism is a gourmet burger, Christianity is McDonalds. And actual awakening is a wild ox walking around in the forest.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Because that's what you need to appeal to normies and grab hold of their minds.

Maybe, but they have twisted it so much. I mean for example they have made concepts of heaven and hell with so much detail !