QandC

How deeply can You awaken?

356 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

you are not a thought. you are the thought creator. 

Which is a thought. It’s a strange loop. By thought, in this context I really just mean experience. There is no thought. No universe. Only what is, which can appear as a dream. Awakening is the un-realization of the false, after a deconstruction process that begins with the realization that you and everything and everyone you know is only an appearance with no actuality — “truth exists, and this isn’t it.” Then when that deconstruction is finished, everything is seen straight through and no one is there to really be distracted anymore from the underlying reality that “I” am floating in paradise; empty infinite eternity, without other. Everything dual is illusory. Relationships appear but aren’t actual.

Edited by The0Self

@Leo Gura I’ve done 4 months, but that’s beside the point. Nobody in their right mind would recommend that to someone. I absolutely do NOT recommend the hard psychedelic path to anyone, especially not on the internet, and definitely not combined with casually teaching solipsism (incorrectly, might I add). This is a recipe for putting someone in a seriously bad place emotionally.

We can disagree on this all day...just asking you to compassionately consider the mental health implications of recommending things like this on a public forum.

8 minutes ago, aetheroar said:

@Leo Gura I’ve done 4 months, but that’s beside the point. Nobody in their right mind would recommend that to someone. I absolutely do NOT recommend the hard psychedelic path to anyone, especially not on the internet, and definitely not combined with casually teaching solipsism (incorrectly, might I add). This is a recipe for putting someone in a seriously bad place emotionally.

We can disagree on this all day...just asking you to compassionately consider the mental health implications of recommending things like this on a public forum.

Perhaps. I would never recommend psychedelics and yet... I used a whole fucking lot of them... and it was a somewhat fundamental part of my path when I used them. But the solipsism was absolutely insane (only at the “time,” of course), yet undeniable. Leo is perhaps just braver than I to recommend them.

Also... ? I think he was just saying basically that (1 month of) psychedelics will do a lot more than a bunch of sober practice... I don’t necessarily hear any recommendation in what he said unless I read into it a certain way and settle on a particular meaning.

Edited by The0Self

I'm not recommending it.

The dude asked how deeply can you awaken? I gave an accurate answer.

If you are scared of the answer, don't ask scary questions.

Matt Kahn is something you dreamed up.

The deepest awakening is no joke. Few people on this planet understand it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not recommending it.

The dude asked how deeply can you awaken? I gave an accurate answer.

If you are scared of the answer, don't ask scary questions.

^^

@aetheroar
Yeah as I stated above, I really didn’t hear any recommendation lol. I guess it could be taken that way. I agree with your sentiment otherwise, if we were talking about someone intentionally recommending hardcore psychedelic use.

@Leo Gura What is the difference between you before your 5-MeO retreat and after? I see the same person, only slightly different and a hell lot more confident, at least in regards to spiritual wisdom.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

42 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Leo Gura What is the difference between you before your 5-MeO retreat and after? I see the same person, only slightly different and a hell lot more confident, at least in regards to spiritual wisdom.

What do you expect, me to turn into a kangaroo?

Even if I did, it would be lost on you.

25 minutes ago, Raze said:

Shinzen is full of shit. Nobody is going to pass his ‘tests’.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you expect, me to turn into a kangaroo?

Lol. That would be somewhat interesting.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even if I did, it would be lost on you.

"God will not show you a miracle, because you're too blind to see."

Meh.

On a more serious note, I expect you to admit that you don't understand everything in the universe, at least as a start. And then if you're truly awake, that you don't understand anything at all.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You'll never know it's depth from any sober state. Which is why all the sober teachings are so weak. Sober humans are not really awake, they are playing spiritual games.

This is almost getting comical. So much deception, so much arrogance, such a lack of direct experience. 

26 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Shinzen is full of shit. Nobody is going to pass his ‘tests’.

Ever watched the video where Shinzen talks about his 30 day SDS retreat? Every day, there was a 4 hour SDS sit. Four fucking hours a day of strong determination sitting and you think he’s full of shit? Lmao ok. 

I wonder how many days of 5-MeO it would take to be able to do 30 days of 4 hour SDS sits without emotionally breaking. I wonder how many 5-MeO trips it would take to do a single 4 hour SDS sit. 

This forum is turning into a joke for serious sages. 

Edited by Consilience

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

"God will not show you a miracle, because you're too blind to see."

Meh.

You are too blind to see that you are the miracle.

3 hours ago, Consilience said:

Ever watched the video where Shinzen talks about his 30 day SDS retreat? Every day, there was a 4 hour SDS sit. Four fucking hours a day of strong determination sitting and you think he’s full of shit? Lmao ok. 

I wonder how many days of 5-MeO it would take to be able to do 30 days of 4 hour SDS sits without emotionally breaking. I wonder how many 5-MeO trips it would take to do a single 4 hour SDS sit. 

None of that says anything about consciousness.

I have been more conscious than Shinzen.

I don't even consider what he teaches awakening. Buddhism is bullshit. It is not God-realization.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't even consider what he teaches awakening. Buddhism is bullshit. It is not God-realization.

Who is the one that has been more conscious than Shinzen?

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Blindness is also a miracle, so.

23 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Blindness is also a miracle, so.

Have faith. Youre the miracle. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Rilles Damn it. I wanted to be the kangaroo.

Kangaroos are stage Orange douchebags. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 hours ago, QandC said:

I am still a bit puzzled by what defines just a trip and an actual awakening.

That there are no trips. Ego, in a nutshell. Spiritual ego. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is pure (like, the purest ever) arrogance. Every sentence shows with absolute clarity that you have no idea what you’re talking about here. Okay, except the first sentence, which is actually accurate (way to go!).

There is no “more conscious”, and you can’t teach awakening. God-realization is not an attainment.

“You” dreamed yourself up (real big big big guy with big big knowledge, big big better than me!) by your infinite pursuit of knowledge.