vizual

Thorough examination of Christianity

6 posts in this topic

What I sense in Leo's videos is that he is quite disdainful of Christianity and brushes it off as mostly primitive superstition and tradition. I don't think he does Christianity justice there. There are a lot of people out there, brilliant people, that are devout Christians. And they have clear logic and reason for their belief in God and Jesus Christ. 

I wonder if Leo really studied Christianity in depth. And read works of theologians, saints, apologists, enzovoort. Studied the Bible and its meanings. The Christian influence of our Western world view we take for granted as 'common sense'.

I really would like to see Leo do a deep dive into this topic.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual I don't think Leo is interested in exploring something which is not common in western society, His main focus is on science, not religion. 

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@vizual I don't think Leo is interested in exploring something which is not common in western society, His main focus is on science, not religion. 

No, not at all. Leo is interested in existential truth, love, philosophy and self-actualization. And religion is inherently linked with all those concepts. Especially Christianity, because it has such a huge influence in the structure of the development of the western world. Even if you are an secular growing up in the west, you will be exposed and formed by a lot of Christian influences.

Leo has done a video on Islam (which was not very in depth). And Leo is heavily influenced by Zen Buddhism, Taoism and Neo Advaita - which are religions and/or schools of thought.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Good idea. He has one on Islam and Buddhist principles. Christianity DOES offer good stuff when looked at from the proper perspective.

I've seen Leo link and quote from Christian mystics from time to time, I wonder if he is culminating more research for this topic for an episode

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

@vizual I'd recommend Leo's video on Mystical traditions around the world

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback