Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ADD

It's already complete.

18 posts in this topic

You are already complete, there is nothing to achieve. Believing you are the one that is seeking to achieve something is the thing that is creating the illusion of having the lack in the first place.

There is no where to get.

There is no state to be achieved.

This is it.

Just stop.

This just seems defeatist and unacceptable. Tell me this as a child and im not sure how that child would react.

This can't be it. What about the infinite love that Leo promised me at death? What about exploring the infinite worlds like Atlas from simulation series said. But it's not up to me, it's up to whatever this is. Wholeness appearing as seperation. It's hopeless, I'm not sure if it's heaven, hell, or entirely neutral.

I existentially ruminated for 2 weeks on not being able to escape from infinity, or even if I'd want to. I think of my childhood, was it worth it? Sometimes it feels like it was the most perfect movie I've ever seen, and sometimes it feels like it was a sick joke. 

I don't know where this is going! I'm so afraid.

This was meant for people who have been spiritually seeking for long time. It's alright if it doesn't resonate with you right now. You are still complete just as you are.

There's nothing to be afraid of. The infinite love is what you are. All you have to do is to let go of trying to control your life. Nothing needs to change, allowing this to be as it is reveals the truth. What is blocking you from seeing that you are infinite love is the fact that you are resisting life. You are resisting what you are. You are life, you have always been life. Surrender yourself to god. Let god take the wheel. The little me is like a baby trying to drive a lorry. It can't control it. In fact the baby doesn't even exist, it's an illusion created by the continuous stream of thoughts. It's a story that we tell ourselves and identify with. 

Don't think it's as simple as that. I want to feel in control. Skateboarding, tennis, table tennis all become totally pointless and not fun if it's just watching a pov movie. I'm not just gonna sit back and watch like a feminine little bitch. Where's the fight in you young man? You don't enjoy the illusion of doership?

6 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Don't think it's as simple as that. I want to feel in control. Skateboarding, tennis, table tennis all become totally pointless and not fun if it's just watching a pov movie. I'm not just gonna sit back and watch like a feminine little bitch. Where's the fight in you young man? You don't enjoy the illusion of doership?

If you are good in sports you are not in control. You are in flow state, the movement doesn't come from the little me. It manifests from the source straight through your nervous system. There's been studies where they monitored the brain activity between pro football (soccer) and amateur players. The results showed that the best players had very minimal brain activity during the game when the amateurs had much higher brain activity.

I'm not talking about being passive in life. Quite the opposite actually, once you surrender to your true self is when you are in full control of your life. I was talking to the ego in you when i pointed out that you should give up the control. You are not the ego, the ego is an illusion. You are the life that mistakes itself to be this mind created little me.

1 hour ago, ADD said:

You are already complete, there is nothing to achieve.

It’s not a matter of already being complete, the whole point of spiritual work is finally realizing that you have been complete this whole time.

The knowing is not guaranteed, and the knowing is what those who do spiritual work aim to achieve.

Be careful with post like these unless you are very clear about what is needed on the spiritual path. Newbies cannot escape having to put in the work to reap the fruits of their labor. 

Edited by Terell Kirby

3 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

It’s not a matter of already being complete, the whole point of spiritual work is finally realizing that you have been complete this whole time.

The knowing is not guaranteed, and the knowing is what those who do spiritual work aim to achieve.

Be careful with post like these unless you are very clear about what is needed on the spiritual path. Newbies cannot escape having to put in the work to reap the fruits of their labor. 

The point is you can't work this out like every other area in your life. It's true that some seeking is often needed but it also needs to come to an end. There's lots of endless seekers on this path and this post is for them. Many are at the point that if they only would stop seeking something they would realize the completeness of what already is.

You can't achieve the knowing of experience. You are the knowing of the experience no matter what you think you are.

This path is not about achieving anything. There is absolutely nothing to achieve. The ego wants to achieve things, it thinks something in the future will make it complete. There is no such thing. You are already complete. Ending this seeking is the way to see it. It's relaxation of the mind. It's non-doing. It's effortless. Just stop.

@ADD unless you are born enlightened, then there is not really a case for not doing spiritual work to reach enlightenment.

Recognizing that everything was an illusion only happens after you bust out of it, and that requires effort through practice.

Busting out of it doesn’t happen through sitting on ones ass, lying to yourself that you have always been enlightened. This is where the work comes in, and where the achievement (breakthrough) lies. Humility on the journey is key.

Edited by Terell Kirby

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

@ADD unless you are born enlightened, then there is not really a case for not doing spiritual work to reach enlightenment.

Recognizing that everything was an illusion only happens after you bust out of it, and that requires effort through practice.

Busting out of it doesn’t happen through sitting on ones ass, lying to yourself that you have always been enlightened. This is where the work comes in, and where the achievement (breakthrough) lies. Humility on the journey is key.

You are mistaking to think that enlightenment is something to reach. Realization of your trueself is totally effortless. However it might seem that there is effort at first. It's complete relaxation. Or complete surrendering.

I like how Rupert Spira puts it: It's like having been clenching your fist your whole life, then unclenching the fist seems like there is effort required. But in truth it's just relaxation of the fist.

This is not about lying to yourself, it's realizing that you are already enlightened once you stop seeking anything more to add to your experience. What work are you talking about? What could you do? This is no self-improvement. There is no self to improve. The self that we are talking about is already complete. It has always been this way.

The only thing that keeps you from realizing this is that you think there is something more to do. And by all means if you feel like you still need to do something to achieve something please do so. You have the freedom to do what you need to do. After you are done doing circles you will come to the point where you can see that no matter what you try to do you can not achieve what we are talking about by doing something. That's when you let go.

We all have our own paths of doing circles around in this life. I had my own aswell. For each individual it's different, for some it takes decades, for some it takes years. Sooner or later in this life or next you will come to the realization that there's nothing you can do to make yourself complete. It's the dissolving of the seeker, realizing that you have actually been complete all the time. And that is of no effort. It's non-doing, it's relaxation, it's surrender. It's beautiful.

6 minutes ago, ADD said:

Realization of your trueself is totally effortless.

Then what’s the point of any spiritual teachings/teachers? There would be no need for them if this truly was the case, as all of mankind would be woke.

I think your perspective on this diminishes the hard work that truly enlightened sages / mystics suffered through to obtain liberation. One who reaches this knows it is not effortless by any means.

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Then what’s the point of any spiritual teachings/teachers? There would be no need for them if this truly was the case, as all of mankind would be woke.

I think your perspective on this diminishes the hard work that truly enlightened sages / mystics suffered through to obtain liberation. One who reaches this knows it is not effortless by any means.

Spiritual teachings are pointers to the relaxation of the mind. You see, we live in a world where most humans are so lost in their minds that they create their identity of their thoughts. The effort comes from this mind made self trying to achieve something. It can achieve lot's of things. Success, self-improvement etc. This is the one thing that no matter how much effort it puts in, it can not achieve this. The ego can not get enlightened. No matter how hard you work on spiritual practices you will not get enlightened until you stop all doing.

However as i said some circling around in effort is often needed at first. Just to realize that this doesn't work.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the story of Buddha, but he put really hard work on his spiritual practices. But only once he stopped and went to full relaxation did he realize the completeness of his being.

I'm not diminishing anybody's hard work, as i said it's often needed to work hard to realize that it's not effective. I did my part of hard work as well. But it's not what lead me to realize the nature of myself. It was the stopping of all this effort.

effort is mind effort is ego effort is me

yet can i really do anything

or is existence leaving no stone unturned to return me to its bosom

have your way, this i pray

6 hours ago, ADD said:

You are already complete, there is nothing to achieve. Believing you are the one that is seeking to achieve something is the thing that is creating the illusion of having the lack in the first place.

There is no where to get.

There is no state to be achieved.

This is it.

Just stop.

A crazy recognition is that there already isn't anyone to stop seeking... there never was an individual that could be complete or incomplete in the first place.

It's wild.

The seeking energy feels separate and lacking & attempts to find a solution to an unreal problem.

It will even try not seeking as a way to get what it believes is missing....

Yeah it's a real mind-f***

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

45 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

A crazy recognition is that there already isn't anyone to stop seeking... there never was an individual that could be complete or incomplete in the first place.

It's wild.

The seeking energy feels separate and lacking & attempts to find a solution to an unreal problem.

It will even try not seeking as a way to get what it believes is missing....

Yeah it's a real mind-f***

❤ 

Yes ultimately there isn't anyone to stop seeking. But from the perspective of the ego there is the seeking. Once you stop the seeking there is no seeker of course.

23 minutes ago, Gidiot said:

@VeganAwake @ADD

you can’t know that either it’s just whatever is apparently happening 

you can't know that it's not that either it's just whatever is apparently happening

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi