Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ineedanswers

Should i include my height on my tinder profile?

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys.i was wondering if I should include my height on my tinder profile.most guys I see on tinder seem to include it.

the problem is I haven’t seen any guys who are below 6 ft advertising their height. Is it beneficial to advertise your height if you are 5’7 (me)?or is it better if I  don’t mention it?

Let's destroy heightism together ..  :D:D

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

All depend on you.

If you don't put your height, it means you will get more dates. More dates, more energy and time needed. And the ladies may flake on you after that.

Put it in and you get less dates but every dates will be of higher quality as the ladies probably doesn't mind the height as much.

“Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” — Bernard Baruch.

@hyruga are you saying being 5’7 might lose me a few dates? The only reason I ask is because I see countless guys advertising that they are 6ft.but I’ve never seen anyone advertising they are 5”6,5”7,5”8 etc.if I didn’t include it would I be better off?

Don't if you're under 6.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura thanks.i heard you have split tested dating apps rigorously leo. Leo is it possible to be in the top 20 percent of guys in terms of looks if you are below 6 feet? Ie-if you have a 10/10face ,10/10 body but are 5’7 can you stilll be in the top 20% of men world wide in looks? Or do you have to be 6+ to be top 20% only in looks?

btw do you have any insight into why a majority of girls like 6 ft guys? What is it about that number?

Is it that they think taller guys will be better at protecting them? 

Edited by Ineedanswers

5'7 isn't that short if you are in Asia. Also depends on what race you are. I shall stop here in order not to sound racist.

Obviously you will lose dates. Or even better, you don't have to chat. So you can save time.

Edited by hyruga

@Jacob Morres so what should I do? Are you saying I should include my height to exclude the girls who prefer guys who are taller?

15 hours ago, Ineedanswers said:

@Leo Gura thanks.i heard you have split tested dating apps rigorously leo. Leo is it possible to be in the top 20 percent of guys in terms of looks if you are below 6 feet? Ie-if you have a 10/10face ,10/10 body but are 5’7 can you stilll be in the top 20% of men world wide in looks? Or do you have to be 6+ to be top 20% only in looks?

Yes. Looks are mostly in your face/hair.

Plenty of my shorter guy friends do well on Tinder cause they got the right face/hair for it.

Add it and also adjust it a bit to be more "attractive".

It really took me sometime into my 20s to understand that height is even a factor for women.

And I also found out that many are totally oblivious to heights in general.

"Oh I thought you are at least ...!"

My guess is that both women are bad at meassuring and men lie about it all the time.

Don't even get me started on dick size :P

Pics and height are two very important factors when it comes to online dating, thats why girls will put on makeup and guys lie about their height. Hopefully it won't matter that much anymore when you are on the date...

I don’t do it. I’m over 6’’ too. It feels like I’m qualifying myself or jumping into some sort of stupid dating game and societal thing. I don’t need that in my profile. The whole outspoken and judgement “being tall” thing wasn’t even a thing until more recently. I don’t wanna partake in such shit. 

If your over 6 add it if your under don't, dont forget dating apps are very superficial women also don't really care about height as long as you're taller than her. Ive had many short friends kill it with women  

12 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I don’t do it. I’m over 6’’ too. It feels like I’m qualifying myself or jumping into some sort of stupid dating game and societal thing. I don’t need that in my profile. The whole outspoken and judgement “being tall” thing wasn’t even a thing until more recently. I don’t wanna partake in such shit. 

Just include it. This is not the place to be humble or rebellious.

If you advertise that you're under 6 feet, you may get screened-out, out of convenience, as it's a number's game and 6 feet is a nice round number that some women will just assume as the limit if it's shown to them "on paper" and not to mention right at the screening step that occurs absent a meet. Height doesn't really matter that much and I've literally always been treated as "tall enough" at 5'10'' such that I've never even thought about my height as any kind of variable, so a few inches less than that is probably not going to make much of a difference in the real world. As Bando alluded to, what matters FAR more than being over 6 feet is simply that you're taller than her, though that's not even always a deal breaker.

Just don't want to advertise it "on paper" as to not play into the convenient screening process, unless you're over that nice round 6 number.

Edited by The0Self

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just include it. This is not the place to be humble.

I've got a question: If someone is around say 5'10'' or 5'11'' or just under 6 feet, would you say it would be best to just put 6 feet, or not mention it? I'd assume just not mention it, but 5'11'' for instance is a lot taller than most women and many guys -- Even though it is embellishment to say 6 feet, it's essentially providing more information that does, at least in some meaningful capacity, accurately set you apart from guys who actually are a lot shorter. Just wondering what you think.

@Leo Gura

I wonder how putting 5'11.9'' just for fun would go xD -- maybe it could be seen as a kind of meta joke on the screening process.

Edited by The0Self

Depends how much you care about integrity vs results. If you want results, say 6. Most guys are adding like 2 inches. But it's not a big deal to just leave it out. My friends are all shorter than that and get laid by the 100s. Height is not stopping you from getting laid a lot.

It also depends on your location. Dudes are taller in Europe.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

My friends are all shorter than that and get laid by the 100s.

Certainly. I’m 5’10’’ and height has basically never been even a slight fleeting consideration — I even get the complement “tall” lol, so that height seems utterly irrelevant at least as far as potential hindrances go. I’ve just never felt the need to dabble with the dating app game, but I’ll maybe try it out.

Edited by The0Self

eventhough I'm almost 6' 2’’ I never mention it somewhere or show off to the girl that I'm talking that I have that much height.

I only tell it when they ask me like when they see my profile picture with my friend and realize I'm taller than average.

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 5.12.2021 at 7:23 PM, Leo Gura said:

My friends are all shorter than that and get laid by the 100s. Height is not stopping you from getting laid a lot.

It also depends on your location. Dudes are taller in Europe.

Just to give you all an idea of how arbitrary this 6ft thing is...

As we don't use the foot/inches system but the metric system in Europe, over here the magic number is 180 cm, which is like 5ft 11"...

Obviously 6ft was determined because it's just a round number just like 180 cm in Europe. I mean how weird would it be if the height in Europe was 183 cm, which is 6ft or how weird would it be if it was 5'11" in the US?