fopylo

I have a theory about the emotional scale and how emotions work

10 posts in this topic

@Nahm

I would like to know what you think about it as well:

So you start from the lowest emotions - fear, despair.

Then you become insecure about the fear, despair.

Then you become jealous of others because of your insecurity.

Then you start hating your jealousy and you can get into a rage.

Then you are angry from all this hate.

Then you are discouraged already from all this anger.

Then you want to blame someone or a situation from all this discouragement.

Then, because that you blame alot, you worry because of all the blaming you believe to be true. You worry about your blames.

Then, all this worry gets you to doubt yourself, someone or a situation. You doubt your worry.

Then you become disappointed from doubting a lot.

Then you become overwhelmed from disappointments. Disappointments about stuff you realize you can't do, can't achieve, and it overwhelms you.

Then you get frustrated from all this overwhelment.

Then you become pessimistic from all your frustrations, irritations, and impatience.

Then you become bored already from all those pessimistic thoughts.

Then you become ok (content) with this boredom.

Then you become hopeful with this contentment. You begin to sense inspiration.

Then you have a positive expectation/belief from/about this general inspiration that this moment brings. Positive expectations arise to those hopes.

Then you get enthusiastic about your positive expectation you have, especially when you start having more positive expectations that build on each other.

Then you become passionate about/from all this eagerness, excitement, enthusiasm.

And then you become joyful from this passion you have. All this passion brings you to love this passion, appreciate it, feel the freedom it gives you.

Basically this model I've tried to create is about showing how the emotions play meta on each other. How actually each emotion, when realized, is a part of the higher emotion, and going up the scale means realizing the emotion more. It is like a meta-chain.

But going up the scale is only possible if you prefer to put how you feel before what you think. To care more about feeling good than being wright.

It seems to be individualized quite a bit, meaning this progression order might have a lot to do with your specific journey. It all makes sense though. Noticing things in this specific way can certainly recreate this type of linear progression to some degree. At the end of the day though, the unfoldment of all these emotions will likely be chaotic, bouncy, complex, and unpredictable much of the time. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@fopylo

I think it’s good, not knocking it. I think that you’ve gone from essentially ‘wtf is wrong w me’ to understanding emotions at the depth you are is really great. I do also think not reinventing, or remodeling the scale is the most effective use of the scale. Put another way, it might be slipping into being contextualized, which could defeat the whole usage of it. Maybe a way to point to that, in this experience there isn’t a thought a second ahead or behind, because why would there need to be with live, real time guidance. The only thoughts ahead, are now, and of wanted, and the guidance is infallible perfection in manifesting it. I think that was a pointer to less depth, or really no depth, being the deeper ‘juice’. There’s usually an exploration of emotions, and then the actuality or realness of the recognition that it is the teacher, or, the guidance. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I agree with @BipolarGrowth, this model seems very individualized, like it would be describing the emotional progression of one person and their own unique state. Emotions are much less like a linear ladder and much more like a giant complex web. There are so many factors that go into your emotional state, and so many factors that influence how your emotions progress and move into the next state, and these factors are unique to each person. For example, not everyone will become insecure about feeling fearful, and not everyone will become jealous of others after becoming insecure.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Tristan12

43 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

and not everyone will become jealous of others after becoming insecure.

But you can't get into deep hate without going through jealousy. You need something to really hate, right? @Nahm

6 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Tristan12

But you can't get into deep hate without going through jealousy. You need something to really hate, right? @Nahm

The deepest experience of hatred I had in my life had nothing to do with jealousy. It was actually caused by a hatred of what I perceived to be ignorance in others. I was not jealous of anything these people had. I wanted to be as far from and distinguished from what they had/were as possible. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

25 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Tristan12

Hatred is a cover emotion for hurt, similar to anger. It's when you have been hurt in some way by something, and then you retaliate back through the emotions of hatred or anger, since those emotions are much less painful than being helplessly hurt and victimized.

There is much more you can be hurt by than just an unfair distribution of resources, which is what creates jealousy, so I'd say you can absolutely experience deep hatred without any jealousy.

Also, there are still some emotions which almost always lead into another emotion regardless of the person or situation, so in that sense there is some predictability, but it's not enough to create an entire chain going from one emotion to another that works the same for every person. Like I said there is so much complexity and influence of various factors within emotions that I don't think such a linear model is possible.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@BipolarGrowth

So basically you're saying that your hatred doesn't have to come from jealousy at all, but in the case of being jealous you can express it through hatred. The only emotion that you need to care about and has any relation to your current emotion is the next one on the scale.

Right?

@Tristan12

2 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

Like I said there is so much complexity and influence of various factors within emotions that I don't think such a linear model is possible.

Say that to @Nahm

5 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Tristan12

Yes & no. That ‘something’ is a thought. 

One can experience jealousy without hatred, and hatred without jealousy. 

Keep it as simple as possible with the scale. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE