mmKay

100% grass fed frass finished beef liver - superfood or straight up poison?

28 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a reliable source of vitamin A. I thought about high quality cod liver oil but it's expensive, and the ones that I've seen haven't been tested for heavy metals. 

I do have access to 100% grass fed grass finished beef?? liver, but as you see in the screenshot I  have some concerns and questions. 

Thoughts? 

Screenshot_2021-12-04-20-09-46-169_com.android.chrome.jpg

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I agree with Leo in this one. Liver is the organ across a lot of animals (including the human being) where toxic stuff is processed. It's not wise to eat that, regarding what the paleo or keto fanboys might say.

Why do you think you can't get enough of it from plants? What's the main doubt factor? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just eat carrot and broccoli. You can buy it in fresh juice format if you dont want to cook it. Liver tastes like shit. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can buy vitamin A pills cheaply:

You may potentially overdose if taking it for a very long time. Retinol isn't as available excreted as for example B vitamins and lot of it gets stored in the liver and the storage capabilities are driven by individual genetics.  I don't recall the exact dosing but it should always be short term. The 5,000 IU is probably safe but I guess it's always better to rely on food since beta carotene in plants is converted to retinol in abundance despite the low conversion rate because there is just so freaking much of it in foods like peppers and sweet potatoes. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Leo Gura Tablets have a low absorption rate. I think these are the best micronutrients to get: https://go.caltonnutrition.com/spnutreince-v1?_ga=2.7013873.2125534745.1638818000-1935427617.1638818000

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

If you can get it from an unvaccinated animal, then it's a mega-superfood. Whenever I had a real good raw liver, it literally got me high.

Vaccines are full of heavy metals, and the ones they give animals are even worse than they give humans. The heavy metals, along with the other poisons, are stored in the organs and in the fat tissue.

F*ck I love to eat chicken’s liver?

I guess karma is a b*ch..

Edited by Heaven

On 6.12.2021 at 11:35 AM, Rilles said:

Liver tastes like shit. 

not with a good sauce it doesn't 

liver has a very interesting texture to it

@mmKay  If you're buying grass fed grass finished pasture raised liver, then you will get a quality product.

Animal vitamins are usually in the right ratios for better absorption to the body.

As you already said, phytotoxins block mineral absorption from plant foods.

I wouldn't wonder if Leo used to jug down kale green smoothies and the like, why his hypothyroidism got so bad.

In terms of nutrient density, animal foods, especially liver is number one. Just science - not some diet dogma.

The liver does not store toxins, it metabolizes them. The liver also metabolizes all the good stuff.

It comes down to is the animal toxic then their produce will be toxic (organs more than flesh but still flesh as well)

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

6 hours ago, UDT said:

I wouldn't wonder if Leo used to jug down kale green smoothies and the like, why his hypothyroidism got so bad.

I have never done kale smoothies.

Hypothyroidism has little to do with that.

There is no guarantee whatsoever that your grass fed pasture raised organic cow is not filled with toxins and heavy metals from the food and water it consumes. That grass is probably watered with the cheapest polluted water and sprayed with pesticides which all gets filtered by the cow's liver and goes straight into you. And you're paying $50/bottle for that.

Consuming organ meat is a terrible gamble.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Are you saying that liver is worse than eating any other part of the cow? my understanding is that the liver does not store the toxins, its not like a water filter. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21590713/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7081506/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29476976/

I'd be careful with the claims how liver is "just filter" and toxin-free. You have no idea where you liver on the plate came from. High levels of contamination with heavy metals found across the board reaching the upper tolerable limits. Look at that chart. Granted the study acknowledged huge limitations in testing and some of the other results came much lower but why risk it. 

Do you really think the poor farmer earning 24K a year give as fuck about your health? No, he'll pump those animals full of antibiotics and chemicals to keep them huge, bulky and fat. Not to mention all that intrahepatic fat these poor obese animals have to tolerate. 

I mean, if you put bovine, liver, heavy metals, in Pubmed, you get over 1500 results. Obviously this is a topic that has been of concern to the research...for a reason

13 hours ago, UDT said:

As you already said, phytotoxins block mineral absorption from plant food

Just curious, what's your evidential basis for these. As far as I know, none of the antinutrients has even been proven to be harmful in human studies or shown any long negative effect. With even mild heat processing, nearly 100% of them are destroyed or at least weakened. Alex Leaf actually caught Paul Saladino on this one beautifully where he nearly had to admit that all of it is based on in-vitro data or rat studies where they discussed goitrogens and thyroid effects. That's an debate worth watching. 

liver.JPG

8 hours ago, Holymoly said:

@Leo Gura Are you saying that liver is worse than eating any other part of the cow?

Of course.

Then again, you probably don't want to eat the butt hole.

But all the organs are gonna hold the most toxins. Lean meat should be cleanest. Fat also holds toxins.

my understanding is that the liver does not store the toxins, its not like a water filter. 

It's literally the blood filter of your whole body.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo's correct on most things, but here he's incorrect. Organs are a super food.

Read -  The Carnivore Code

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But all the organs are gonna hold the most toxins. Lean meat should be cleanest. Fat also holds toxins

so we should raise cows only to eat their lean meats and then dump the rest?

that's a horrible waste though

@mmKay Leo has extremely high standards for health, which almost no one follows. Literally everybody would fail Leo’s health tests. And yet, many people still live to their 80s, which is the biggest reason to be healthy. Eat the liver my friend.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 minutes ago, herghly said:

@How to be wise Liver is a god damn superfood

As long as you don’t buy it from a restaurant. Cook it yourself.