Yoremo

Advice for better quality sleep

4 posts in this topic

hello, right now I´m healing my body from a lot of injuries and such, so good quality sleep is really important for me but I have not had good enough quality nor quantity (I can´t fall asleep sometimes).

So what I´m doing right now is this:

*I try to eat as early as possible to not disturb my sleep and not drink too much too close to bedtime

*I meditate everyday for atleast 30 min right before I go to bed (I feel relaxed then and it helps to fall asleep)

*I have blackout curtains in my room so it´s more or less completely dark

*I have earplugs so it´s quite quiet

*if I can I try to shower before I meditate because it calms me down

*I have just now started to wear blue light blocking glasses like 2 hours before bedtime

I think that´s it, I´d appreciate any advice for improvement if you have something that works for you. 

When I can´t fall asleep it´s either because 1: I am too energetic. 2: I think about disturbing things. I sometimes think about really disturbing made up conflicts in my life where other people kill me and where people are trying to get me in some way and I just get so alert when I do that but I can´t really stop those thoughts. It´s really disgusting so yeah. But other than that I don´t sleep so good during the night either.

1 hour ago, Yoremo said:

When I can´t fall asleep it´s either because 1: I am too energetic. 2: I think about disturbing things. I sometimes think about really disturbing made up conflicts in my life where other people kill me and where people are trying to get me in some way and I just get so alert when I do that but I can

It sounds like this is a psychological issue, and that 1 & 2 are probably linked.... fearful thoughts and hyperalertness surely go together... have you though about getting some help to explore why you have these troubling thought patterns?

yes, but I don´t know what to do. I´m trying to get help now;) No but I don´t know where to look for help, no one wants to help or can help in my life. And I have so many problems that I can´t really figure out the root cause, and definitely not how to fix it.

One thing that can contribute to these problems is because my life purpose isn´t really clear, I don´t have any meaning in my life. I think that´s why I have such thoughts about catastrophes all the time because everything goes wrong in my life all the time and I´m not strong enough to handle them in a positive way. But I don´t know.

Get outside especially around sunset.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost