Yoremo

starting to find life purpose

13 posts in this topic

I´m right now going to school but I don´t want to continue this path because I don´t like it, I want to do something more meaningful. I don´t know how to get my passion and vision clearer in my mind and more compelling. I can not get that feeling for anything really, I can´t seem to get anything compelling enough for me to stick with it in the long run.

I would really appreciate any help and advice on this, I feel this is what´s holding me back because what´s the reason to improve if you do not have a vision? I have tried and tried but it doesn´t seem to work.

Hey bro , you are still in school , explore some stuff ,dabble around  ,stick to them for atleast 6 months ,after that decide whether you had any connection ,or any strong interest has developed , if yes then stick to it ,if not then jump to another one ... Soon you will find it and also your your personality would be more shaped ..  then get your hands dirty with LP stuff ,eventually you might develop some sort of vision

The thing is I already have a passion, I want to play soccer but I can´t (injured all the time) so I´m kind of stuck in a middleground where it´s like do I quit soccer which has been my greatest dream for atleast 4 years or do I find something else? The thing is I might be stuck in soccer, but I feel disgusted thinking about any other future than soccer so I don´t really know how to navigate. 

On 12/4/2021 at 0:33 PM, Yoremo said:

The thing is I already have a passion, I want to play soccer but I can´t (injured all the time) so I´m kind of stuck in a middleground where it´s like do I quit soccer which has been my greatest dream for atleast 4 years or do I find something else? The thing is I might be stuck in soccer, but I feel disgusted thinking about any other future than soccer so I don´t really know how to navigate. 

What about something within Soccer. like coaching, sports psychology, a trainer, etc. 

I´m not so intressed in that. How do I know that what I´m doing is the "right" passion for me?

There are so many pressing global issues you can work on solving, have you heard about Effective Altruism? Or 80000 hours?

On 12/4/2021 at 6:49 AM, Yoremo said:

I´m right now going to school but I don´t want to continue this path because I don´t like it, I want to do something more meaningful. I don´t know how to get my passion and vision clearer in my mind and more compelling. I can not get that feeling for anything really, I can´t seem to get anything compelling enough for me to stick with it in the long run.

I would really appreciate any help and advice on this, I feel this is what´s holding me back because what´s the reason to improve if you do not have a vision? I have tried and tried but it doesn´t seem to work.

‘Because I don’t like it’ is avoidance, focus upon unwanted, clouds the mind, obscures the very clarity sought, is how you’re ‘holding yourself back’. Aversion, motive of the separate self. 

‘Trying to get some thing compelling enough’ is trying to extract the passion desired via objectification, as if passion arises in some thing other than you, or come from some thing outside of you. 

This way of thinking leads to internalizing the discord felt… by this way of thinking, leading to believing you need to improve yourself. That is self referential thinking, and is more clouding, which is inherently less focus.

You are vacuuming the floor, and not noticing the vacuum isn’t plugged in, thinking some thing is going to come along and plug it in. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 7.12.2021. at 3:29 PM, Nahm said:

‘Because I don’t like it’ is avoidance, focus upon unwanted, clouds the mind, obscures the very clarity sought, is how you’re ‘holding yourself back’. Aversion, motive of the separate self. 

‘Trying to get some thing compelling enough’ is trying to extract the passion desired via objectification, as if passion arises in some thing other than you, or come from some thing outside of you. 

This way of thinking leads to internalizing the discord felt… by this way of thinking, leading to believing you need to improve yourself. That is self referential thinking, and is more clouding, which is inherently less focus.

You are vacuuming the floor, and not noticing the vacuum isn’t plugged in, thinking some thing is going to come along and plug it in. 

Yes when you find what will give you God's wings and fulfill your ❤️. 

I still didn't found what will leave legacy behind this avatar so to speak. 

I don´t get it, so passion comes from within? I don´t get what you´re saying, or I get what you´re saying but what should I do with it?

Try a book "so good they can't ignore you" 

it explores passion and how searching for passion is maybe a wrong approach to discovering meaningful work.

@bejapuskas Hey man I really want to thank you. I've been pondering and contemplating about my life purpose or a good while. Did the course two times, got some direction but I'm still searching. From your response I started reading about effective altruism and 80000 hours. What a goldmine. Finally something that resonates with me. You don't even know how much value you've generated through that short answer to this thread. All the best.

Most probably you want to do something easier than school and that is fun, like... playing soccer

You probably should stick to school while you are looking for your life purpose. Try different things and if you can, do the LP course, it will get you there faster.