Intense DMT-like energy rushes/blackouts while practicing Sedona/Letting Go method

Bazooka Jesus
By Bazooka Jesus in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Mmm, I think I could use some advice here... so for the past 6 months I've been doing a kind of letting go practice every day right after my meditation which is based on the Sedona Method (as outlined in Hale Dwoskin's book) - but sort of like an amped up version that is aimed at physically dissolving all of the inner tension and letting out the trapped energy in my body by doing deep breathing, spreading out my arms and letting out deep groans from the depth of my stomach... with mixed results so far. The thing is that lately I keep getting these powerful rushes of energy while doing this practice which feel very DMT-esque in nature; these get so intense at times that they result in delirious blackouts which leave me completely dazed and make me kind of keel over & loose all touch with reality for a couple of seconds. I don't really know what to make of this... part of me would like to think that this is a positive thing (i.e. a sign of progress), but honestly I am not sure. What do you guys think? Do any of you have experience with this sort of stuff and could perhaps give me some advice? Should I just keep going or does it sound to you like I might be overdoing it? Thanks. ?
  • 17 replies