Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meliodas

How much money is enough?

29 posts in this topic

Why is everything so expencive in the Usa? Is it because rich people are so greedy?

And for the american friends here: please widen your perspective globaly. You will see how much cheaper is to live in other countries.

37 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

Why is everything so expencive in the Usa? Is it because rich people are so greedy?

And for the american friends here: please widen your perspective globaly. You will see how much cheaper is to live in other countries.

I used to live in India and the amount the average american earns per year can last a family of four in India for a year. but again america is  a 1st world country , you never gonna get the opportunities and people like america in any other country

@Meliodas

3 hours ago, Meliodas said:

...you never gonna get the opportunities and people like america in any other country

That's not true. There are many opportunities in other countries and there are amazing people all around. In other 1st world countries and 2nd world countries as well.

Many americans are living in a bubble unaware about the rest of the planet.

Edited by Bojan V

10 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

This is all based on the assumption that money = survival.

But that's not necessarily true.

Only someone with enough money to survive has the privilege to say this lol. Are you going to 100% barter or be self-sufficient for everything you need?

On 12/1/2021 at 8:03 AM, TheAlchemist said:

At least where I live (Finland), about 1000$/€ a month will be enough for one person to have a warm apartment, quality ingredients for cooking food, electricity, water, books and courses and some occasional splurging on new experiences like travelling, restaurants or events. I don't think anything more will have much returns in regard to satisfaction, after that it's mostly about the inner work.

Travelling can be done, and amazing experiences can be had with very little money, and usually those journeys on a tight budget are the greatest adventures, since you are forced out of your comfort zone. 

With an income of less than 1000€/month I have been quite satisfied for the past years, but of course expenses are different around the world and depend on what sorts of debts you have, or if other people are reliant on you for sustenance.

I think a good rule of thumb would be to have at least double the cost of basic living costs (rent+food) coming in monthly. 

huh....... *sits in American confusion* 

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying but I need to have a breakdown of how these bills are adding up because this feels like such a stretch. 

18 hours ago, Consilience said:

Wtf that’s ridiculously cheaper than the US. $1000 barely pays for a small apartment in most cities. Nevermind utilities, wifi + phone, food, transportation, healthcare, car insurance.

Right! At first I read that comment by @TheAlchemist $1000 per week instead of per month

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

For me personally around $2M will be more than enough but who knows what will be the worth of our money in the future.

For me , i do not want a lot of money  but i need enough money to not suffer from financial hardship.materialism and spirituality cannot go together.

Money is but one tool in my survival toolbox. In fact, it might even be the least effective/dependable considering the competition with 99.99% of the human race.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)