iceprincess

Unvaccinated Travellers Barred from PLanes & Trains

117 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Arcangelo said:

It's my body. I decide. Idgaf if the whole human race dies.

If you believed that you wouldn't throw a temper tantrums like this. 

@hoodrow trillson The problem is not the unvaccinated, if anything, it's that we are sickly/obese/internally inflammed and our food supply is toxic. Do better than childish categorizing. 

Edited by Johnny Galt

7 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

So why won’t you get vaccinated?

I am pro science, but I am anti mandate.

My way of protesting is by not getting vaccinated.

I'll take the risk, and if I put others at risk, so be it.

36 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

what are you afraid of? 

I am afraid of what's gonna happen next. What's the next mandate? Cut your own finger? Wear a dildo?

15 minutes ago, Opo said:

If you believed that you wouldn't throw a temper tantrums like this. 

I think this is gaslighting. You're telling me that I don't believe what I do believe. You are  trying to fuck with my perception of reality.

People watch 1 YouTube video from some new-age hippie on Gaslighting and then start throwing the word around like they know what it is...

Gaslighting is a serious fucking thing, it's basically psychological rape, use it with great caution, otherwise you diminish the weight of the word.

On 10.12.2021 at 7:11 AM, SgtPepper said:

+ There is a whole community around you concerned about stopping the spread of the virus. 

this won't stop either way

23 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

I think this is gaslighting. You're telling me that I don't believe what I do believe. You are  trying to fuck with my perception of reality.

You would rather die and let everyone you know die than take the shot. 

Lol keep pretending. 

1 minute ago, Opo said:

You would rather die and let everyone you know die than take the shot. 

Lol keep pretending. 

many people had the virus without issue

many people have had issues with the vaccine

so it's not like "get it and everybody's safe"

3 hours ago, CultivateLove said:

You do realize that that kind of attitude not only has basically a 0% chance to change a persons mind, but is likely to make them stick to their view EVEN STRONGER, right?

If you'd wanted people to get vaccinated, you're better of saying nothing than acting the way you are, because then at least you wouldn't make them not take it to just spite those who demeaned them like you just did.

Edit: Instead of just saying "we're all in this together", how about acting like it? Unless you think demeaning someone for holding an opinion opposite of yours is acting like we're all in this together...

By this point if someone is still stubbornly refusing to get vaccinated, that indicates to me that what I would consider a basic concern for the well being of others isn't an important component of that person's value system. And are in all likelihood probably beyond convincing by this point.

In the same way that I'm not expecting a MAGA cultist to be able to admit that Trump lost the 2020 election, I'm not holding my breath that short of an existential crisis those selfishly refusing vaccines will seriously introspect and reflect on thier basic beliefs.

The point of calling out toxic ideologies isn't necessarily to change hearts and minds, but to innoculate communities from noxious beliefs and behaviors by making it crystal clear that certain attitudes are outside of what's considered socially acceptable.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 minute ago, DocWatts said:

By this point if someone is still stubbornly refusing to get vaccinated, that indicates to me that what I would consider a basic concern for the well being of others isn't an important component of that person's value system. And are in all likelihood probably beyond convincing by this point.

In the same way that I'm not expecting a MAGA cultist to be able to admit that Trump lost the 2020 election, I'm not holding my breath that short of an existential crisis those selfishly refusing vaccines will seriously introspect and reflect on thier basic beliefs.

The point of calling out toxic ideologies isn't necessarily to change hearts and minds, but to innoculate communities from noxious beliefs and behaviors by making it crystal clear that certain attitudes are outside of what's considered socially acceptable.

risk patients should be vaccinated others just if they want :)

3 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

a basic concern for the well being of others isn't an important component of that person's value system.

Exactly

6 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

that indicates to me that what I would consider a basic concern for the well being of others isn't an important component of that person's value system. 

If this kid believed that he wouldn't get mad when other people acted the same. 

^More gaslighting. Please  stop.

57 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

People watch 1 YouTube video from some new-age hippie on Gaslighting and then start throwing the word around like they know what it is...

Gaslighting is a serious fucking thing, it's basically psychological rape, use it with great caution, otherwise you diminish the weight of the word.

BTW my dad is pedophile psycopath narcissistic rapist, and my mom is a codependent that raised me to be codependent.

Meaning that I've been gaslit my whole fucking life.

I have done my homework about gaslighting trust me.

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

By this point if someone is still stubbornly refusing to get vaccinated, that indicates to me that what I would consider a basic concern for the well being of others isn't an important component of that person's value system.

1. A person can choose not to get the vaccine for a myriad of other reasons other than simplistic stubbornness. But hey, I guess that won't fit into your cartoonish strawman caricature of them.

2. In most cases, if a person doesn't have basic concern for the well being of others, it's because they themselves haven't experienced being cared for by others. How can you expect someone who's received very little care, who's been attacked, shamed, demeaned, hurt etc, by others, to give a flying fuck about "the well being of others" except their close friends / family? 

And are in all likelihood probably beyond convincing by this point.

Have you considered that maybe you've simply been using the wrong method of getting people to change their mind? 

From what I've seen on this forum, very few people here are actually capable of talking about these things in a calm, compassionate, rational manner. So how can you expect anything productive to come out of it? 

This is insanity.

Right here, a great example of why you won't be able to change anyone's mind/heart on this issue. They don't agree with you on the vacc? Must be a MAGA cultist who has no concern for the well being of others. HERP DEE DERP.

And to think this just came from the guy who JUST talked about basic concern for the well being of others. 

Maybe next time you should add that only vaccinated people deserve basic care for their well being from others.

Edited by CultivateLove

No amount of vaccines or masks are going to 'end' the pandemic.  You guys do realize covid is here to stay, and there is no way to completely eradicate it?  

How about this:  I am responsible for my own health, and you are responsible for yours.  Take responsibility for your own health, and stop blaming others for your own well being.   Too crazy? 

If you are scare of getting sick, why don't you stay home and take all the precautions you'd like?  Instead of blaming the 'unvaccinated monsters' out there.  

Why are covid cases higher this year than last year, even with vaccines?  Why are they calling for people to get a 4th booster shot already?  Why are tons of vaccinated still getting sick? Where is the real world evidence the vaccines do anything to stop the spread?  They fuckin lied about the effectiveness of the vaccines with their 95% effective bullshit, and it is super obvious at this point.

9 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

2.In most cases, if a person doesn't have basic concern for the well being of others, it's because they themselves haven't experienced being cared for by others. How can you expect someone who's received very little care, who's been attacked, shamed, demeaned, hurt etc, by others, to give a flying fuck about "the well being of others" except their close friends / family? 

I agree.

But that doesn't mean turning a blind eye to toxic, destructive behavior because of this.

Compassion doesn't necessitate that every noxious, harmful belief structure under the sun should be tolerated by the rest of society because it arose from people who were hurt, demeaned, or humiliated.

We can be compassionate towards people who have been victimized in these ways without condoning thier bad behavior.

37 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

And to think this just came from the guy who JUST talked about basic concern for the well being of others. 

Maybe next time you should add that only vaccinated people deserve basic care for their well being from others.

Concern for the well being of others does not make one obligated to validate whatever toxic or delusional beliefs that other individuals happen to hold, especially if those beliefs motivate behaviors which cause harm to others.

Edited by DocWatts

@DocWatts Your response clearly shows that you barely understood a word I said.

I tried to make it as clear as I can in the moment, but sadly it's fallen on deaf ears. 

GG

Edited by CultivateLove

I'm honestly tired from all this. This is a madness that the majority agrees on. 

Edited by BlackMaze