Terell Kirby

Reality as a first-person shooter (video game reference)

21 posts in this topic

Not really into video games, but I think it's a good analogy.

Our human lives / realities are like first-person shooters, in reference to the design and layout. 

Of course, there is One player.. and I'm not going to use to 'G' word because I know it triggers a lot of you. 

Just know you are that player!

Edited by Terell Kirby

1 minute ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Yep. Except there isn’t a player. 

Well..there is a player, but it has no form.. completely self-less.

2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Well..there is a player, but it has no form.. completely self-less.

Then how can you say it’s there or differentiate it from the “ game”? The appearance of a player is certainly there, at least at the beginning. 

Are you certain you have more agency when it comes to typing a response compared to a dog wagging it’s tail? Or is the appearance of agency just another dog wagging its tail, just in a clever disguise? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 minute ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Then how can you say it’s there or differentiate it from the “ game”?

I can say it's there because it's me .. and it's also you 9_9.

When you look in the mirror you are seeing your avatar / character that you have selected to play out this life.

You have mistaken the avatar to be who you actually are, but you're playing a fun game of dress up.

4 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

I can say it's there because it's me .. and it's also you 9_9.

When you look in the mirror you are seeing your avatar / character that you have selected to play out this life.

You have mistaken the avatar to be who you actually are, but you're playing a fun game of dress up.

Of course. I’m just being difficult for fun, but there are some useful nuggets in my jest. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

2 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Of course. I’m just being difficult for fun, but there are some useful nuggets in my jest. 

Lol I can dig it.

But in all seriousness, this is the closest I've gotten to really understanding what God is and how it functions in our lives.

I hope others can arrive to these insights. Truly life changing .. why fear life when it's just a game?

34 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Lol I can dig it.

But in all seriousness, this is the closest I've gotten to really understanding what God is and how it functions in our lives.

I hope others can arrive to these insights. Truly life changing .. why fear life when it's just a game?

Because this game will kick your ass. I’ve had intense awakenings while driving or in public situations which made me fearless with huge consequences. You can overcome suffering, but overcoming pain is a whole different ball game. 

44 minutes ago, Benton said:

I prefer to think of it as an rpg

It can be an RPG as long as you toggle your character in first person view lol. We can’t see our entire bodies without looking in a mirror , just pieces of it (arms, hands, torso, legs/feet etc).. as well as what’s in front of our avatar (although there isn’t an “us” that’s in front of what we see).

40 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

I'm throwing a grenade bitch!

whoaa

Edited by Terell Kirby

God is not restricted to a first person point of view. You can shift your perception to identify yourself with something or someone which you ordinary  percieve as other and you can experience them as yourself  (basicaly samadhi experience) and then you see yourself from a third person point of view and that is something you can experience  with enough conciousness practise. Besides that, god knows how many ways of seeing yourself there can be, an infinite number of them.

1 hour ago, AdamR95 said:

God is not restricted to a first person point of view. 

I agree, the first person view is one of an infinite number of design orientations.

My current set up is one of first person, it would be an assumption to say "ALL" human lives are designed the same way .. there is no way the finite human mind that I'm living in could possibly know that.. 

..but hoping that some of us can relate to the analogy through their direct experience :-).

Edited by Terell Kirby

11 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

I'm throwing a grenade bitch!

Rush b.

Cyka blyat !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Life is a VR but the headset is intangible/nothing. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Terell Kirby So I'm both a game developer and the player but I identify with my avatar.

Yup, and awakening is what rids of your identification with the avatar.

Also remember that the developer / player has no physical form. It's invisible and can't be known .. it's sole purpose is to experience the game of life, which is an infinite number of conscious states.

Edited by Terell Kirby

4 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

there is no way the finite human mind that I'm living in could possibly know that.. 

Careful not to shut doors you haven’t opened yet. ♥️

The finite mind is appearance, the one living in it illusion. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Careful not to shut doors you haven’t opened yet. ♥️

The finite mind is appearance, the one living in it illusion. 

Oh I've opened some doors lol.

The finite cannot encompass the infinite, it's the other way round.