Psych2Awak3n

What is enlightenment for you?

15 posts in this topic

Explain as best as you can what enlightenment means for you personally, and don't get inspirations from the other comments first.

The point of this is to see how many different conceptual versions of enlightenment there are

Liberation from suffering. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 minute ago, omar30 said:

Being in love with God and knowing the truth.

Otherwise known as being in love with yourself :x

Untangling perception to the extent where you’re always both dead and alive simultaneously. Dissolving the solidity of the separate self 100% (quite hard to do). Love. Absolute nondoership. Completely collapsed into the present moment with no ability to escape. Full access to both the infinite/Divine and the mundane at all times. But second best described as ___________. Best described as 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

The discovery that there's nothing to do that isn't already 'being done'.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Succinctly:

The irreversible destruction of the illusory sense of personal doership.

Or:

The end of the dream of separation and being the seeker. End of "I am <definable or finite thing>." End of the dream that there is something other than wholeness.

Edited by The0Self

It means nothing to me. I think it's the only "thing" in the universe that is completely ungraspable, unfathomable, unbelievable for the mind. Those might sound like descriptions, but they are negations, points about what I think it can't be, which is graspable, fathomable or believable. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

?‍♂️

?‍♂️

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️???

?‍♂️

?

Enlightenment means to be filled with light. There is still a translucent shell of the apparent self, but it is filled and overflowing with the Consciousness that is our true nature.

I differentiate the term from awakening, which is the seeing of your true self. It is a critical first step, but not yet the purification of the conditioned mind.

As the Buddha put it:

Few are those who reach the other shore; most people keep running up and down this shore. But those who follow the dharma, when it has been well taught, will reach the other shore, hard to reach, beyond the power of death.

They leave darkness behind and follow the light. They give up home and leave pleasure behind. Calling nothing their own, they purify their hearts and rejoice. Well trained in the seven fields of enlightenment, their senses disciplined and free from attachments, they live in freedom, full of light.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

See who you are, what reality is, as it is.  Right now.  Beyond thought, conception, or mentalization.  

Just this. 

Here. 

Now.  

Whatever is is it.  All of it.  

Becoming one with it.  Concepts aside.  As a felt, lived, experience. 

But I dunno.  Maybe not.  lol.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins