ABM1294

The Truth About Consciousness and Solipsism

30 posts in this topic

Consciousness (you) makes up the subtle features of reality, if you see someone else get drunk, only their behaviour will change.

But if you get drunk, the behavior of the whole room will change. This is because reality is 100% a reflection of state. After the next day, the other people will deny their behavior was any different. This is because if you get back to normal sane states, so does everyone else. 

We can only access memories within the emotional range we are at. Truly crazy things don’t get remembered when the crazy state is gone.

The psychiatrist who says their patient is hallucinating doesn’t know or realize that they are the only hallucinator in a universe which is already nothing but a hallucination.

They are hallucinating the insane person themselves. This is why the famous Dr Len was able to heal his patients just by changing his beliefs about them. It’s all beliefs and the believer programs reality.

Life is a trip and if you start doing substance related trips, nobody around you will report remembering what you remembered. But what you witness is 100% true. The other people will see the same things and be in the trip with you, but deny it when the trip wears off.

Insanity destabilizes the whole universe, everything makes sense until you explain it. God realization makes every past event perfect, but to explain that to another person in real time won’t work.

Why?

Because there’s only one god, and you’re it.

We all have a default state and call it normal, and when you go insane the whole universe goes insane with you. This is why the insane encounter great deals of synchronicity. The dreamers state affects the dream. 

Another dream characters state won’t affect the dream because they have no state.

Only the dreamer has state.

There’s only one consciousness in the whole universe. You are the creator.

If this is insight you are correct.

If this is bullshit you are also correct.

The input makes the output, and your view is law because the universe must reflect your prevailing view back to you.

They aren't denying it. You are just dreaming them up to be different than you.

If I eat some hotsauce that does not mean you are denying feeling heat in your mouth. The hotsauce is in my mouth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yeah well ive had some unexplainable experiences that got EXTREMELY solipsistic, I mean that your significant other disappears and it is just you talking to yourself, which to me is insanity, but it was during a trip and that insight has not happend again.

There is some valid points to your argument, however it feels a bit untrue anyways, but I might be wrong or deluded in saying that perhaps, but do you really feel that others are npc's?

But there is certainly totally weird synchronicity's happening when you become more aware of yourself and your enviroment, like thinking a certain thing and that thing appears in exactly that way out of the blue, but it is extremely subtle most of the time, but at that point it becomes more solipsistic actually, which is scary ?

But I don't know what to make of it at all, it feels like there are others here, alive and living their own life for example, but that might just be the illusion, but I do not know how i could be the only one and still not know 1% of reality or how the dream works lol.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They aren't denying it. You are just dreaming them up to be different than you.

If I eat some hotsauce that does not mean you are denying feeling heat in your mouth. The hotsauce is in my mouth.

Yeah that’s a good point to make, in the trip you see people behave differently which points to solipsism but the aftermath was just them saying I had a hell of a trip and they were normal. Same with mystical states like awakening, other people don’t see things the same way and I’m dreaming up huge differences between self and others.

in reality solipsism doesn’t go far enough and Self encompasses all bodies. My body is just as much a part of consciousness as anyone. A solipsist would attribute sentience to their mind or body but awakened people know that the mind and body are just projections of infinity. 

24 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

but I do not know how i could be the only one and still not know 1% of reality or how the dream works lol.

If you are the only one then you are seeing 100% of reality at all times. It's just that reality is very different from what you assumed it was.

What if reality is not some giant static object?

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are the only one then you are seeing 100% of reality at all times. It's just that reality is very different from what you assumed it was.

What if reality is not some giant static object?

Thats true and a different view of reality which in some way is 100% DIRECT, and not based on assumptions which my argument was, I assumed that there is more to reality then my direct experience, I can think it up but perhaps i can't verify it.

Even tho, I dont see why reality as a whole would have any limit whatsoever, except that it is imposed on itself.

To me the only valid metaphysics is GOD, all else makes no sense, but I still imagine GOD to be other then me, and perhaps it is there where I am deluded.

But in my book God is the unlimited one, but as you have said in the past, it is also unlimited in how it can limit itself to appear as the experience i have right now.

So I guess at the end of the day that, I am God. 

But I feel extremely limited in my creative ability when compared to Infinite Mind, even tho iam creative, but the deepest part of me i suppose is the creative mind of God, it just appears that this is not so in order for it to be a beliveable reality like this is, even tho this also feels like a dream sometimes.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

5 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Thats true and a different view of reality which in some way is 100% DIRECT, and not based on assumptions which my argument was, I assumed that there is more to reality then my direct experience, I can think it up but perhaps i can't verify it.

Even tho, I dont see why reality as a whole would have any limit whatsoever, except that it is imposed on itself.

To me the only valid metaphysics is GOD, all else makes no sense, but I still imagine GOD to be other then me, and perhaps it is there where I am deluded.

But in my book God is the unlimited one, but as you have said in the past, it is also unlimited in how it can limit itself to appear as the experience i have right now.

But I feel extremely limited in my creative ability when compared to Infinite Mind, even tho iam creative, but the deepest part of me i suppose is the creative mind of God, it just appears that this is not so in order for it to be a beliveable reality like this is, even tho this also feels like a dream sometimes.

To embody the lens of 100% of reality being the present moment and space, I would have to reverse the years of conditioning that made me think reality is an object. 

When I was about 4-5 years old, I was able to read perfectly without much effort not long after picking up a book. It was as if I was unconsciously inventing the English language as I went along from a blank slate. The city I live in was invented by me as I learned the streets. It wasn’t consciously inventing things, but all the narratives I bought into were invented into existence gradually after the moment I was aware for the first time. I have no memory of being born so that was just a story I was told. As for death, that is just a concept as well. I have never experienced death but I imagine I would wake up in my own bed in another lifetime and say to myself, what a dream that was. 

48 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

That's right. But that can square with your direct experience since you could be God deciding to limit yourself into a single human perspective.

but I still imagine GOD to be other then me, and perhaps it is there where I am deluded.

Yeah... it's crucial for you to realize that you are the one and only God.

You guess correct, but a correct guess is not good enough in this case.

But I feel extremely limited in my creative ability when compared to Infinite Mind

Yes, you are lost in a dream from which you do not know how to awaken. That's is God's existential predicament. It doesn't know how to stop dreaming.

- - - - - -

Psychedelics are extremely helpful here.

@Leo Gura Is it correct to say that other people are philosophical zombies? Since in a dream they appear to have a body like mine, behave similarly, etc. but don't experience colors and sensations like I do

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Just keep meditating and letting go of beliefs. This solipsism shit disappears eventually, not a single thought about solipsism arises here anymore. 

Solipsism always implies that there is only one, which implies a belief in separation. Notice you can only hold the belief you're the only one if you still think you're separate from reality. 

In raw direct experience, there isn't even one being, there's just reality/infinity and that's it, any concerns about how other people are you or about you being the only one are just more thoughts to let go of.

36 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@Leo Gura Is it correct to say that other people are philosophical zombies? Since in a dream they appear to have a body like mine, behave similarly, etc. but don't experience colors and sensations like I do

No, that not quite right.

It's more profound than that.

32 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Solipsism always implies that there is only one, which implies a belief in separation. Notice you can only hold the belief you're the only one if you still think you're separate from reality. 

In raw direct experience, there isn't even one being, there's just reality/infinity and that's it, any concerns about how other people are you or about you being the only one are just more thoughts to let go of.

?

37 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Since in a dream they appear to have a body like mine, behave similarly, etc. but don't experience colors and sensations like I do

@Enlightenment Funny thing is; you don't either. You don't experience anything, just like "other people". 

@Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, that not quite right.

It's more profound than that.

Is it because everything is happening at once? As in this dream happening simultaneously with ''your'' dream.

Edited by Zedman
forgot to add quote

@Zedman It can't be logically explained. You need an awakening into the nature of self/other.

What is other?

You are missing consciousness of that, and no logic will suffice.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Zedman It can't be logically explained. You need an awakening into the nature of self/other.

What is other?

You are missing consciousness of that, and no logic will suffice.

Thanks. Ill take that as a motivation. Been putting this off for too long.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:46 AM, Fearless_Bum said:

Just keep meditating and letting go of beliefs. This solipsism shit disappears eventually, not a single thought about solipsism arises here anymore. 

This should be the default-copy paste antidote to every single regurgitated "soLipSisM iS tRuE!" post on this forum. 

@OneHandClap lol. 

It's the ultimate spiritual trap, using One-ness as an excuse to say " I am the one and only god!" A very warm blanket for the ego. 

I think of it as both. It's dualistic and non dualistic. When you're awake, it's just You. When you're asleep it's many, or the illusion of many. This doesn't mean that others are NPC zombies, they are also conscious but not in actuality. So God can bend and twist the flow of consciousness but it will always return to it's natural flow. 

On 2021-11-30 at 0:46 PM, Fearless_Bum said:

If One is used as an ego blanket I agree 100% but One could also point to the same thing as reality/infinity that you used. 

It's not as much about the correct word being used as the context which it is being used in. The same word has different meaning in different contexts and contexts resonates more or less similiarly to what music does.

"Other" is a concept. Never Direct experience. Quite mindfuck right there .