Jennjenn

Let’s we all stop calling WOMEN over 18 girls

65 posts in this topic

That’s the post. She’s a WOMAN. Full blown and grown, most likely sexually active, full of wants and desires  WOMAN 

Thank you ??:x:x

Edited by Jennjenn

But then instead of boyfriend and girlfriend we would have to start saying manfriend and womanfriend 

@Emotionalmosquito :D:D

let’s just say woman when referring to females. It’s such an empowering and sexy word. Your woman is a woman. Not a girl ;)

Edited by Jennjenn

I have an ex who's 28, and to be honest I just can't think of her as a woman because she lacks maturity (not her fault, she had a very difficult upbringing which left her emotionally stunted) - to me, a woman has maturity, and not all females over the age of 18 possess that. Maybe my conception of womanhood isn't accurate, I don't know.

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Jennjenn

It's funny when young men say they're a man today most women blow them off lol. Rescinded their man card and only refer to them as boys. Seems to me anyways that young women like to remain in a perpetual state of adolescence anyway. 

Imagine how it would come across if a guy made this thread lol.

That’s the post. He's a MAN. Full blown and grown, most likely sexually active, full of wants and desires MAN 

Thank you ??

Comes across like a child throwing a temper tantrum lol and stomping their feet on the ground.

>IM A MAN!!!!!

tantrum-kid.gif

First world problems. 

(I guess survival is not too hard there.) 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Sure, she may want to be called a woman in platonic / professional environments by her peers ..

But when it comes to her fully embracing and opening up to her sexuality with a dominate male .. she wants to feel like a girl again.

And it's not a matter of being disrespectful, feeling like a girl allows her to let her hair down, get in her feminine energy and not take life so seriously.

Edited by Terell Kirby

14 hours ago, hyruga said:

Who are the 18 girls?

The title is not exactly correct English. OP is trying to say that we shouldn't use the world "girl" for women who are 18 years or older.

"Let us all stop calling women over 18, girls" would be my first guess, I don't know if you can have commas in titles though.

@Jennjenn  exactly ? 

I always wonder when to draw the boundary between a woman and a girl if every female is being called a girl.

I think we should change that way calling women as girls... 

@Preety_India lol 

I think it's a shift in perspective, so not just a first world problem

Edited by Vivaldo

On 11/30/2021 at 7:05 AM, bloomer said:

Comes across like a child throwing a temper tantrum lol and stomping their feet on the ground.

>IM A MAN!!!

From now on look at the threats. Men are always called men or guys. And women are always called girls. 

9 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

@Jennjenn  exactly ? 

I always wonder when to draw the boundary between a woman and a girl if every female is being called a girl.

I think we should change that way calling women as girls... 

Once you see it you can’t never unsee it 

37 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

Once you see it you can’t never unsee it 

I like being called a girl. It makes me feel cute. Every woman is different I guess. If someone calls you a girl, maybe you can tell them— "call me a woman." 

I'm a bit girlish. I like girly things like butterflies and bows and wearing cute dresses. So I like being called a girl, it tickles my feminine side more. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Jennjenn said:

From now on look at the threats. Men are always called men or guys. And women are always called girls. 

Just like 'bank' can mean place you get money, or the side of a river, depending on context

Many words have multiple meanings and you use the context to work out the meaning

Youth is usually valued more in girls so the term just kind of gets interchangeably used. If anything I bet it's actually women who enjoy being called girls

The equivalent word for men is 'guys' as it can be used to basically mean a male of any age. Should we stop using the world 'guys' because it's too ambiguous? I could be talking about 12 year old boys when I say guys, if you ignore context

It's the same issue more or less

13 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

In a social context you can try saying "ladies" instead of "girls."  Ladies is still feminine but also sophisticated like a woman.  

It's not complicated.

In a group of strangers, the default word when describing females should be: women. If a woman wants to be called a girl or anything else, then she should say so. Otherwise, refer to her as a woman. If you know she's legally a child, then call her a girl. Exactly the same logic applies to men and boys.

In the UK you are a 17 year old girl and an 18 year old woman.  Simple.

All stories and explanations are false.