Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

How CONSCIOUS is to EAT BEEF?

8 posts in this topic

I must confess, Beef really goes well with my digestive system and brain.

I never have comedown of energy when I eat beef, but I do when I eat pasta, rice, bread, etc 

Even chicken has a "there is something not 100% right with this" but Beef feels better.

I try to get the good quality beef, I hope is mainly grass fed and move around the fields. I don't go as high as ecological because its ludicrous expensive but I try my best.

Right now I'm at stage of empowering myself in masculine energy so I think eating this kind of meat is not that bad. Fortunately it helps me to produce more testosterone.

What is your view on this?

I don't see this as a high conscious food, it's something that used to live and died with emotional and physical suffer.

The pain of the animal is stamped in it's meat, I don't think that eating this kind of pain would do good for the one who eats it. Especially if he aims to develop his conscious.

Lions, sharks and other wild animals can eat meat without spiritual consequences because their survival depends on meat, they are not conscious and they can't be more conscious. We are different in a sense that we can develop our conscious if we choose it, or we can stay in a low conscious mode.

1 hour ago, Random witch said:

Lions, sharks and other wild animals can eat meat without spiritual consequences because their survival depends on meat, they are not conscious and they can't be more conscious. We are different in a sense that we can develop our conscious if we choose it, or we can stay in a low conscious mode.

So you are talking about some kind of Karma? 

@Random witch What about conscious farms? Do they suffer so much? 

I don't know, I don't doubt they have their moments of suffering giving birth or things like that but when I go to the mountains and see those guys peacefully eating grass they don't look that much stress or suffering. 

Of course mass farming pigs, chickens, etc suffer a lot. 

I think that it doesn't matter how they're raised or where they're raised, most if not all of the farm animals are pretty intelligent and sensitive so they're aware to the coming slaughter or feel in some way that something bad is going to happen. They might hear voices of their family or peers slaughtered and to understand that something dangerous is happening and their lives are in danger.

As a result, their body secreting stress hormones. I don't think that eating an animal who was in so stressful mode before its death has spiritual benefits. Grass fed, not grass fed, they all die the same.

Maybe eating an animal who lived a good life and died naturally is more OK from the spiritual perspective, I don't know.

Edited by Random witch

I can't comment on whether eating grass-fed is better than factory-farmed because that entire industry is so diluted and deceptive that it is impossible to say how the cow, that is sitting on your plate has died unless you have experienced the life of that cow and saw how and when she was slaughtered.  

But you could look at it from a cost:benefit ratio instead. For a second let's step outside of the ethics realm.

Maybe rather than torturing yourself with the thoughts of lack of ethics and consciousness you can look at it from another perspective. If it makes you feel good then allow yourself to have it once or twice a week. If it means you become more productive, happier, have a clearer mind, better sleep and overall can put more effort into following your passion towards sharing your life purpose with the rest of us, then I saw that's worth it. 

At the same time, you have to accept the cost of eating too much of it because beef, butter and processed meats are now associated (in prospective cohort studies) with colorectal cancer risk at fairly small amounts (more for processed and even more for butter) and so by eating beef regularly you are accepting that possible cost in the future same as a smoker accepts the risk of lung cancer whether consciously or not by lighting up in the morning. You can dilute the risk by keeping your diet and lifestyle healthy on other fronts but the risk exists regardless of what anybody says. The question now is, are you willing to accept that? If you are accepting the question of possible colorectal cancer risk in exchange for feeling better, more whole and more productive then that's the end of that debate. 

In terms of ethics, I think once people accept the cost of eating animal foods despite knowing eating plants causes less suffering (on the micro-level), then the whole vegan argument dies and this is where the debates should end. I'm neither defending nor attacking any ethical or dietary choice, I think we have to always look at the bigger picture, that's all. 

I have the same dilemma with dairy because I have prostate cancer in the family and so potentially my genes are loaded towards that if I eat to much shit food ( and I've also got the front hair-loss horseshoe pattern which shoes DHT dominance). I'll eat dairy on rare occasions, always from the source of minimal processing as those have never been linked to prostate cancer but I won't make it a staple food. I also know when I do I am accepting both the ethical cost and the potential long-term health outcome regardless of how small it might be. 

Hope that is helpful 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Listen to your body. Don't give up good food because some hippies call it non-spiritual.

Edited by Village