Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

Let go of spirituality

38 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

What do you mean by next dreams?    Why do you want to escape?   What are you escaping from

e-escaping from the ignorance leading to unpleasant experiences. by next dreams, i mean whatever are perceptions "after" this physical body dies

i don't understand why there is no content available anywhere clearing this fundamental issue away

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

e-escaping from the ignorance leading to unpleasant experiences. by next dreams, i mean whatever are perceptions "after" this physical body dies

i don't understand why there is no content available anywhere clearing this fundamental issue away

Sure there are. Go look at Buddhism ? Ask me in a PM if you need specific sources. Getting stream entry here guarantees permanent progress at least in the strains of Buddhism which entertain the idea of next lives, which most still do. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

The relief is found in inspecting your direct experience, not avoiding. The discord you feel (thread wise) is your own thoughts, like calling yourself a retard, and believing what people tell you is true. To be without that discord, love yourself, care about how you feel, and don’t listen to people expressing discord. 

Notice, you are saying there are ‘next dreams’, without any direct experience referenced, only hearsay, conjecture. 

Also notice, you are saying perception is plural, without any direct experience of this. 

I’d start with inspecting these. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, roopepa said:

This is just a narrative and can be let go. There is really no need for holding it.

Every concept, including the concept of letting go, is bound to the dream. I'm not suggesting that the finger is the moon, only that it points toward it.

We don't understand how Consciousness dreams, only that it appears to do so, including appearing to awaken to itself within the dream. Spirituality is the game of Self-discovery that it plays.

Once the appearance of you has awakened to its ultimate nature, there is no need for spiritual teachings. However, these can help you cross the river to the true shore of yourself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@BipolarGrowth i need to know what "existence" is like in paranirvana. i like the idea of being able to reach stream entry, but i have to take it slowly with meditation. im traumatized about too many things to brutalize myself with psychedelics

@Nahm

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Notice, you are saying there are ‘next dreams’, without any direct experience referenced, only hearsay, conjecture. 

i assume there is a point in time the physical layers behind this body will decay, and the dream will have to shape itself into a new perspective. i understand dreamer/dreamed are one, but where is there to go? if enlightenment is like switching identification from game character to the screen, it still doesn't explain what happens after the game over screen is displayed

i've already tried inspecting the self and reading pretty much all spiritual content available everywhere, and i find shockingly perplexing no other entity is wondering about our eternal fate beyond the ego mind

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Also notice, you are saying perception is plural, without any direct experience of this. 

i get that "perception(s)" are like infinite fractals of non-actual distinctions in the void, or something like that.. but existence isn't oblivion for this reason, even if it is

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

Every concept, including the concept of letting go, is bound to the dream. I'm not suggesting that the finger is the moon, only that it points toward it.

We don't understand how Consciousness dreams, only that it appears to do so, including appearing to awaken to itself within the dream. Spirituality is the game of Self-discovery that it plays.

Once the appearance of you has awakened to its ultimate nature, there is no need for spiritual teachings. However, these can help you cross the river to the true shore of yourself.

It has never been more clear to me that no conceptualization can touch Life. You could as well be talking about the weather. I don't want to hold ideas and concepts about spirituality or awakening anymore. They feel dirty and heavy on my shoulders.

It's not that something is wrong about spiritual teachings. It's just that right now, it seems to me that most of what I've built for myself, seem more like slavery rather than freedom. What I'm expressing here in this thread is a breakthrough moment for me.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

It has never been more clear to me that no conceptualization can touch Life. You could as well be talking about the weather. I don't want to hold ideas and concepts about spirituality or awakening anymore. They feel dirty and heavy on my shoulders.

It's not that something is wrong about spiritual teachings. It's just that right now, it seems to me that most of what I've built for myself, seem more like slavery rather than freedom. What I'm expressing here in this thread is a breakthrough moment for me.

I agree with you. Not only is it impossible for concepts to capture reality, but they can become a barrier to realizing who you are. Awakening is direct realization, and it is entirely non-conceptual. When we identify with concepts, even spiritual concepts, we hinder the awakening process. It is a form of slavery, as you describe.

Ideas about spirituality are not spirituality. At best, teachings can only point toward and prepare you for awakening. The awakening itself happens when Consciousness is ready for it to happen.

Teachings like those in the Bhagavad Gita and the Dhammapada can point toward truth, but only when they are seen as the scrawlings of fellow mystics on the map, and are not mistaken for the territory itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

55 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Inspect direct experience instead of assuming. ??

i've already tried inspecting my direct experience, and i get that "everything is fine unless you are attached to bad thoughts", but it's not sufficient. p-pls you can't leave me in the dark like this

cry.gif

On 11/28/2021 at 6:14 AM, roopepa said:

Let go of everything you have learned.

Also .. let go of the need to let go of everything you have learned ;).

Whatever this is can’t be explained and There doesn’t seem to be a way to get any closer or further away from it; no matter what practices happen or substances  consumed. no need to seek or not seek. It is what it is

On 11/28/2021 at 0:47 PM, roopepa said:

I believe most are afraid to let go their neuroticism and unhappiness, because they think there exists a need for holding such patterns.

Which is why consciousness work exists B|

I feel like this thread can be summed up as: You are throwing away the ladder before you climbed up it.

I mean like yeah I will let it all go, but I need to climb up the ladder first!

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

3 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

I mean like yeah I will let it all go, but I need to climb up the ladder first!

Hmm...

3 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

Which is why consciousness work exists

Exactly.

Ladder, or just a wheel spinning in mud?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Need

Precisely!

18 hours ago, roopepa said:

Ladder, or just a wheel spinning in mud?

Ladder.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

The irony is that the people who says there is nothing to do used to be seekers for years/decades.

You really have a very short memory ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them