Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

Let go of spirituality

38 posts in this topic

Let go of everything you have learned. Let go every teaching, concept and idea you have internalized from all the videos, books, philosophers, gurus and especially Leo.

All that has been nonsense. You have been living an illusion this whole time.

There is no ego, no awakening, no survival, no states of consciousness, higher or lower, no enlightened or awakened people. Everything you have heard is no more true than Pirates of the Caribbean. Actualized.org is no different from fundamentalist christianity.

Stop meditating and taking psychedelics. Stop trying to get to some realization or mystical state. That's all bullshit. You are wasting your time. The only reason you are doing any of these practices is because you have been telling yourself you are not okay as you are.

Stop listening to Leo, Rupert Spira, Sadhguru, Peter Ralston, or Spiral Dynamics. Everything you have gathered from your sources is just a map you have drawn, a projection wherein you hide from emotions, rather than allowing and expressing them. What you call "spirituality" is a prison. You have brainwashed yourself.

So for the love of God, wake up, stop believing and living along this nonsense. This is your life. Life is here. Go for a walk and enjoy it. You are done already. There is no need in your being. There is nothing you have to do, or to be. You are already. Enjoy yourself.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

This is truth. The only reason to pursue spirituality is to have fun with it. If you're beating yourself over the head with it waiting for something interesting to happen, you are wasting your time and you should do something else that you will enjoy instead.

13 minutes ago, sir meowski said:

This is truth. The only reason to pursue spirituality is to have fun with it. If you're beating yourself over the head with it waiting for something interesting to happen, you are wasting your time and you should do something else that you will enjoy instead.

That's what 99% of people are doing, at least 50% of them seem highly neurotic and unhappy with their lives.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Often times, the highest truths are self-contradictory and illogical. If you are neurotic and unhappy, you should accept your neurosis and unhappiness. You are perfect exactly how you are. When you fully realize your perfection and you love who you are regardless of all your perceived shortcomings, that is when change can occur. Like a flash of lightning, your life can turn around in a second. Any other activity such as trying to diminish or control your neurosis, will achieve the exact opposite and tighten the noose of your unhappiness further. You should accept and love who you are now, because now is the only thing you have. The dreamed up future version of you does not exist.

@sir meowski Gurus, teachings and forums are not the end, they're the means to an end. You can't realise this without having been through the teachings, but *in theory* the truth is indeed that you don't need any of it.

8 hours ago, Shin said:

That's what 99% of people are doing, at least 50% of them seem highly neurotic and unhappy with their lives.

I don't think that's what most are doing at all.

I believe most are afraid to let go their neuroticism and unhappiness, because they think there exists a need for holding such patterns.

10 minutes ago, roopepa said:

I don't think that's what most are doing at all.

I believe most are afraid to let go their neuroticism and unhappiness, because they think there exists a need for holding such patterns.

And how do you think you learn how to release that need ?

By ignoring spiritual teachings ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Spirituality is the letting go of concepts, attachments, and aversions, or awakening to your ultimate nature within the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

The irony of posts like these is real. 

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Spirituality is the letting go of concepts, attachments, and aversions, or awakening to your ultimate nature within the dream.

Wisdom. It’s as simple as this. 

And if I take this advice to it’s fullest, I’ll only end right back here and in more spirituality because it’s simply the most fun game in town. Sure I can enjoy other games. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Consilience @Nahm What is the endgame of spirituality?

Is it merging with infinity, or just improving our experience of awareness? Most spiritual contents shared here are produced in such conflicting ways, whether internally or across multiple sources. Is the point of dreams to learn how to never dream again? Some says infinity can not be embodied because it's "infinite, as in, not an experience but a pointer to infinite finitudes". But others like Buddha and Leo seems to share the idea there is some kind of escape after all, and infinity is some kind of blissful state we should all strive for. It's very hard to navigate around for a retard like me

p-pls respond. i beg you... I'm stuck with way too much fears to carry any spiritual work to fruition

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Perhaps :)

So if a thing can be let go, it's obviously not spirituality, or true nature. Instead, maybe something else that is just mistaken as true, or spiritual.

Edited by roopepa

@Nahm i... i want to be comfy and happy, forever

but im scared next dreams might not be pleasant, while the clarity required to escape is fading away (if there is one)

Edited by nuwu

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

So if a thing can be let go, it's obviously not spirituality, or true nature. Instead, maybe something else that is just mistaken as true, or spiritual.

The letting go is of the appearance that you are something other than your ultimate nature. It is seeing truly, within the dream. Spirituality is Self-realization. It is the reason the dream exists in the first place :)

As Aldous Huxley put it:

The Perennial Philosophy appears in every age and civilization:

• There is an infinite, changeless reality beneath the world of change
  • This same reality lies at the core of every personality
  • The purpose of life is to discover this reality experientially, that is, to realize God while here on earth

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

42 minutes ago, nuwu said:

@Nahm i... i want to be comfy and happy, forever

but im scared next dreams might not be pleasant, while the clarity required to escape is fading away (if there is one)

What do you mean by next dreams?    Why do you want to escape?   What are you escaping from

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It all depends on how you take it. 

Most of us didn't get any spiritual education, no one told us from childhood: "Live in the present" or "Just go for a walk and enjoy life"

Many people struggle to even do this without feeling ashamed, in our fast society that ridicule the 'being'.

We learned that we have to follow the rules, think about the future instead of the present, that we need to achieve stuff to be happy and it's all about money and status.

We live in a society that constantly in 'doing' mode rather than 'being' mode so it's not surprising that some people apply the 'doing' on the spiritual aspect of their life and treat this as something that they must achieve in order to be happy.

Many people are misuse or misunderstand those teachings and apply them in a very toxic or dogmatic way. It doesn't mean that those teachings aren't useful or helpful, they can change people's life drastically, it all depends on the way you consume it.

Many people jump between subjects without fully understand one subject, many people treat spirituality as a status symbol or as a way to feel superior to other people, many people use it in order to avoid their life, there are many ways that people distort the teachings to serve their ego or to sabotage themselves.

If you consume it in a healthy way, slowly and enjoy it, without being too rigid with yourself, you will only benefit from it.

Edited by Random witch

11 hours ago, Moksha said:

The Perennial Philosophy appears in every age and civilization:

• There is an infinite, changeless reality beneath the world of change
  • This same reality lies at the core of every personality
  • The purpose of life is to discover this reality experientially, that is, to realize God while here on earth

This is just a narrative and can be let go. There is really no need for holding it.

11 hours ago, Moksha said:

It is the reason the dream exists in the first place :)

This too. It implies causality, some kind of a logic or story behind "the dream".

13 hours ago, Shin said:

By ignoring spiritual teachings ?

By ignoring what implies a need, or conditionality.