kieranperez

Joe Rogan IG Post, a Mind Infected by Ideology

253 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Space Lizard said:

As I posted earlier, it sounds similar to Ibn Khaldun's cyclical theory of history, which he based on observations of actual events.

I can't believe that I would ever hear about this medieval dude ever again on this forum...

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I don't want to get another 3 Warning Points added to my account, so I am sitting this one out and very much enjoying these paragraphs being written ITT, dissecting Joe Rogan's unironic unfunny Instagram fail post.  Lmao.

Good call. Let your cringe live through my cringe :)

2 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

'Shitposting' has a prerequisite, which is to be funny about whatever the shitpost is.  

Joe Rogan posted that graph unironically.  There's literally nothing funny in that post, and someone actually riffed off that graph in a much funnier way.

Edit:  Also, Joe Rogan is a shit comedian.

@hoodrow trillson

How do you know he did not post it ironically? What’s funny?

I agree though, do not like his comedy at all.

However, that may even make it more evident that this is a bad joke; not deliberate endorsement.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you guys really think that a boomer like Joe Rogan even understands the concept of shitposting? Where are his other shitposts?

@Carl-Richard Aren’t boomer up until 1964? 

Not to get technical, but it seems although these arguments are rooted in something other than Truth. Much less logic and reason. 

So far it has been ‘do not under estimate his stupidity’ and some generational generalizations.

Im not being unfair. I’d love so much to see what’s wrong with this post of his - other than the fact it can be misinterpreted. That I see, but I’m not seeing this ‘dumb ape boomer man deliberately brainwash.’

But I’m open to it.

Edit:  ‘dumb ape boomer man deliberately brainwash.’ - also, not saying anyone here said anything like this; just the vibe I am getting. 

Edited by mw711

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you guys really think that a boomer like Joe Rogan even understands the concept of shitposting? Where are his other shitposts?

@Carl-Richard Also, yes I know he knows what shit posting is; I have heard him talk about it many times actually. From multiple angles from ‘ghost and post,’ to just acknowledging trollers, to Russian trolls, etc.

Can not speak for him, he isn’t my daddy or anything, but I think he has an idea of it.

@mw711

If that is the case, then you guys are spending an awful lot of energy on a shitpost.

15 minutes ago, mw711 said:

@hoodrow trillson

How do you know he did not post it ironically? What’s funny?

I agree though, do not like his comedy at all.

However, that may even make it more evident that this is a bad joke; not deliberate endorsement.

No, it’s not that deep.

He’s not a big brain genius playing 4D chess using ironic humor with a Trojan horse in the form of a lame 4chan graph meme.  Nor is it a bad joke from an attempt at humor from his terrible comedic value.

It’s just a stupid fail post he publicly posted on Instagram and he’s getting absolutely ROASTED by everyone.  People post dumb shit with a straight face sometimes.  

Unfortunately, this dude’s rap sheet has been increasingly ‘stupid-shit after stupid-shit’ for the past like 4 years.  It’s like he stumbled upon redpill garbage recently and has been vomiting it out of his mouth 

It's def not a shit post. That's his macho bro worldview.

BTW, that chart is a popular meme in fascist circles. I'm sure Rogan doesn't know that, but the fascists will be thrilled he is spreading their memes to millions of gullible youngsters.

Def an alt-right pipeline move. Rogan makes flirting with the alt-right seem hip. Young men are so insecure with their masculinity that it's easy to use that to radicalize them.

BTW, Kali Yuga lasts like 5000 years and started in like 2000 BC.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Perhaps we see different motives for the post.

After further reflection though, I definitely see the problems with the post.

I should also say I think the ideology of the chart is dumb, obviously.

Perhaps I didn’t consider the extent of how easily others may believe the chart.

I look at it and think no more than ‘lol that’s dumb.’

I have a hard time accepting many might look at it and think ‘Yeah! Truth.’

ew that’s a hard pill to swallow

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@mw711

If that is the case, then you guys are spending an awful lot of energy on a shitpost.

@Carl-Richard Ironically that’s what I was thinking. Because I see it as somewhat of a shit post so I’m here wondering why y’all are digging into it so much.

But, I could be wrong, maybe it’s not a shit post.

Either way, I think we agree there’s still a lot of issues with someone of his influence posting something so dumb and powerful to the weak minded. 

I do have a hard time accepting the weak minded though. I am naive.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:36 PM, AdroseAkise said:

f2d.jpg

This graphic makes so much sense for me, and it seems like an obvious straightforward thing. 

Is this misleading? 

Can someone point out to me as to why? 

What trap am I falling into here? 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

45 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

This graphic makes so much sense for me, and it seems like an obvious straightforward thing. 

Is this misleading? 

It could be read that good times are actually bad times because it makes you weak. Life is always struggle and fighting. If you stop you get weak or die. That could be seen as a legitimation for fascism. 

It can be read in a too masculine way that you have to make your life hard with a lot of suffering even if you do not have to in order to stay strong and to survive. That could be read that being strong has a higher value and might opress weaker people and people who are not in his tribe.

Edited by Epikur

38 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

Is this misleading? 

The problem is it looks like a 9 year old made it.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

BTW, that chart is a popular meme in fascist circles. I'm sure Rogan doesn't know that, but the fascists will be thrilled he is spreading their memes to millions of gullible youngsters.

I immediately checked 4chan's /pol/ after I saw he posted that, and can confirm that they are celebrating.

defe852fe978a4d8ebe3d05712cffb828bce8b42

Hard-times-create-strong-men-400x600.jpg

1514597154612.jpg

1 hour ago, ZenSwift said:

Is this misleading? 

Try finding multiple examples of this in the history with the specific lines between those periods. 

35 minutes ago, AdroseAkise said:

I immediately checked 4chan's /pol/ after I saw he posted that, and can confirm that they are celebrating.

defe852fe978a4d8ebe3d05712cffb828bce8b42

Hard-times-create-strong-men-400x600.jpg

1514597154612.jpg

Yikes.

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

This is then CD - Circular Dynamics for the right wing.

Cerebral Degeneration.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Cerebral Degeneration.

?