kieranperez

Joe Rogan IG Post, a Mind Infected by Ideology

253 posts in this topic

@Godhead

4 hours ago, Godhead said:

Another gem from his IG with almost a million likes 

Screenshot 2021-11-28 080234.png

Looks like the guy who killed Combo xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Looks like the guy who killed Combo xD

Lmao didn't expect this here??

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

Lmao didn't expect this here??

?

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@mw711 If it's a joke, then we all fell for it.

@Danioover9000 Pretty sure it is just a joke. 

You’d have to be extremely dumb to genuinely think that chart is accurate. I don’t think Rogan is Jesus  or anything - but really guys? Have you guys listened to him speak at all? He isn’t a pile of bricks.

He is way more liberal than conservative. It’s honestly hilarious seeing all of your reactions to this.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Cringe political analysis.

Duh, that’s the point. Rogan is constantly talking about how you need long format discussions, how he isn’t an intellectual - among other things that clearly display this as a joke.

I genuinely don’t know how you guys are perceiving this this way.

Edited by mw711

I guess I should be clear.

If the outrage from this post of Rogans is in regard to the fact that many people may take it seriously and right wingers may take a liking to Rogan etc. etc. I see the problem.

I can easily see how that would happen and how he could brainwash people.

so honestly yeah there is a problem here.

nonetheless I do not think that Rogan himself believes such nonsense in that chart.

Honestly, if you can't tell whether Joe is joking or serious, you are not thinking critically enough, not self introspective enough, or the persons saying he was serious in Joe Rogan's political analysis lacks that kind of humour in their humour development. He is clearly shit posting to me. Just like fitness people posting videos of them lifting near impossible weights at very strange positions, without realizing later they were lifting fake weights and are joking yet most people think it's serious.

@Opo

21 minutes ago, Opo said:

Claiming that his post is just stupid isn't enough. To me, he's making a general claim about the USA, due to the image on the left of the American flag, and the FREEDOM that exists in the USA. Compared to other forms of government around the world, America's democratic government is actually decent in comparison to governments like Russia and China, and 3rd world government structures. There still exists freedom of speech and freedom of the press, but that freedom is slightly lower in other countries.

10 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Opo

Claiming that his post is just stupid isn't enough. 

I don't have the energy to watch it again. 

You can find the react Andy's on yt pointing out the stupidity of it if you're interested. 

@Opo

58 minutes ago, Opo said:

I don't have the energy to watch it again. 

You can find the react Andy's on yt pointing out the stupidity of it if you're interested. 

I'm not suggesting for you to watch it again, nor asked for you to forward what other YouTube Andy's opinions about Joe Rogan's shit political post about the political compass. I'm stating that it's not enough for you to simply claim to me to 'Don't underestimate his stupidity' when in fact he could be just politically shit posting, and making a general claim that the USA's level of freedom is slightly better than other governments.

@Danioover9000 I agree with you. To me, this is an obvious shit post. Now if people want to talk about the consequences of shit posting, I’m all ears. But for anyone taking this as Rogan’s true opinions - I think you’re missing something.

Or maybe I am, so enlighten me. But enough of these weak arguments. 

What is the actual criticism of Rogan's chart? So far I've heard declarations of faith in progress, that history is inevitably marching toward world unity and a progressive utopia, name-calling and calls to stop him. Whose minds are infected by ideology here, Rogan, or the people making ideological claims and calling him names for not buying their ideology?

4 minutes ago, Space Lizard said:

What is the actual criticism of Rogan's chart?

It's a reactionary meme based on a quote from a postapocalyptic novel by some nobody.

20 minutes ago, mw711 said:

@Danioover9000 I agree with you. To me, this is an obvious shit post. Now if people want to talk about the consequences of shit posting, I’m all ears. But for anyone taking this as Rogan’s true opinions - I think you’re missing something.

Or maybe I am, so enlighten me. But enough of these weak arguments. 

'Shitposting' has a prerequisite, which is to be funny about whatever the shitpost is.  

Joe Rogan posted that graph unironically.  There's literally nothing funny in that post, and someone actually riffed off that graph in a much funnier way.

Edit:  Also, Joe Rogan is a shit comedian.

Edited by hoodrow trillson

@Space Lizard

17 minutes ago, Space Lizard said:

What is the actual criticism of Rogan's chart? So far I've heard declarations of faith in progress, that history is inevitably marching toward world unity and a progressive utopia, name-calling and calls to stop him. Whose minds are infected by ideology here, Rogan, or the people making ideological claims and calling him names for not buying their ideology?

I've yet to see any solid criticism of Rogan's chart. So I'll be the first here to 'critic' his post.

If there's anything substantial in critiquing his shit post, the critic would include the following:

1. He took an old quote “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.” The quote, from a post apocalyptic novel by the author G. Michael Hopf, and over laid that onto the political compass as a lazy visual representation of post apocalyptic times.

2. He makes an arbitrary connection between the above and Kali Yuga. What is Kali Yuga? Here's the link for some explanation https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi6tYjEjrz0AhXRS_EDHUtYC4MQFnoECAMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FKali_Yuga&usg=AOvVaw1-z5BNPvGoOJG7CnLNfi9y . Basically if his shit post was leading up to some positive point, however vague it was, it's a terrible arbitrary connection to establish between the Kali Yuga and his shit post. Our Era we are living in is and still is the greatest Era of our time, way greater in comparison to past Eras. If we had world war 3, our world could end roughly in a few weeks, but compare that to wars of the past that would go on for months, years, decades and centuries! Even any 'apocolyptic times' in our current Era is so much better than past apocolyptic times by current standards.

3. People who don't exercise logic, critical thinking, self introspection, self awareness and takes at face value that he is being serious in his posting, will believe he is being serious, and would potentially choose to spread his message, or follow up with more action.

Edited by Danioover9000

Do you guys really think that a boomer like Joe Rogan even understands the concept of shitposting? Where are his other shitposts?

26 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's a reactionary meme based on a quote from a postapocalyptic novel by some nobody.

"Reactionary" and "nobody" are just an ad hominems, not substantive criticisms. As I posted earlier, it sounds similar to Ibn Khaldun's cyclical theory of history, which he based on observations of actual events. I'm not sure about the Kali Yuga connection, but Rogan is probably connecting the four Yugas to the four phases of the chart, and saying that the "weak men creating hard times" is what happens in the Kali Yuga . What fascinates me is the reaction to Rogan's post; the way people have an almost religious commitment to Progress, and treat people who don't think history is an upward curve from a barbaric and ignorant past to a glorious utopian future like they're heretics. And they accuse Rogan of being infected by ideology when they are so obviously in the grip of an ideology themselves (the Religion of Progress).

Edited by Space Lizard

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you guys really think that a boomer like Joe Rogan even understands the concept of shitposting? Where are his other shitposts?

I don't want to get another 3 Warning Points added to my account, so I am sitting this one out and very much enjoying these paragraphs being written ITT, dissecting Joe Rogan's unironic unfunny Instagram fail post.  Lmao.

Edited by hoodrow trillson