Ioana

My Path - A Work And Family Adventure

2 posts in this topic

I begin this journal hoping that writing in it regularly will keep me hooked to my main objectives this year.

But firstly a few words about me.

I am 28 years old, finished medical school, and I am simultaneously into both clinical and scientific training (since in my country it is permitted). In three months now I will give the exam to obtain my clinical practice certification in the specialty I have chosen after finishing med school. So studying will be my first priority. Also, I have left 1 year and 8 months until I have to finish my PhD research and thesis, with an ongoing 2 years fellowship that will finance a part of the research project. And during all this time I have classes with medical students, mainly for financial reasons.

On a personal level: I have a beautiful family and a lovely 11 months old daughter. Pursuing this career requires a lot of my time, and you might ask why I chose to have a baby so early and not after finishing the trainings.  Well, I somehow thought that for a doctor there will never be a perfect time to give birth and I hoped that the baby will grow along with all the professional accomplishments.

My childhood/adolescent dream was to find balance and to bring balance to the world, but after transitioning to adulthood it has been hard to follow this thought. Now after becoming a mother thing have complicated a lot. I think I have heard Tony Robbins saying that there is no work and family balance, but only work and family adventure. Well, in this journal I want to talk about the details, the struggles and the joys in my path… in this adventure.

I hope to write soon.

Have a lovely day!